Scum song book today

Sensiblesteve

The songbook from the unwashed today was a disgrace, BT were putting the sound up and down like a pair of boys club shorts in the 70's

Every IRA song you can imagine and a few I've not heard in years , then we have the For we will be mastered by no Orange B*****

We were also subjected to the racist Get the Brits out now chant , and it's all coming from their club sanctioned fans group " The Green Brigade "

Now if the Union Bears were singing the Billy Boys and the Famine song on a weekly basis do you think it would go unreported ? No neither do I

The songs coming from the Celtic support are no better in the moral songs debate that has seen Rangers lose two songs after a sustained media campaign aided by government friends
( one a 9 worded piss take at their faux identity) that has seen fans given a criminal record for singing it

Now where are the media all the moral crusaders of sectarianism that have previously written numerous articles over the Rangers support .......

Celtic are getting worse and more vocal as the weeks go by and there's not a peep from anyone , their club sanctioned fans group are out of control with their weekly terrorist love ins and the press are scared to mention it

It's out and out anti Protestant bigotry and it's getting bigger and louder

Is the answer to bring back the famine song and watch the rats with typewriters come out enmass to condem it , as it appears they're all sitting on their hands now frightened to report what we can all hear from Celtic's club sanctioned fans group

And for any lurkers these songs are being aired in European matches also but again not a peep from the press ( compare and contrast to Rangers over the years )

Last edited:
The media are shit scared.

It is less dangerous for them to ignore celtc and all that they stand for, that way they keep their windows:

ignoring-customers-feedback-social-media.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with your post...

but seriously, what can we do?

The bastards seem to control the media nowadays......Goebbels would have been proud to have such a stranglehold.
No, the answer is not to bring back the famine song...it will just darken the cloud above us; portrayed by the Scottish Mhedia.

Thankfully, I don't live in Scotland - I feel sorry for my fellow bears, seeing hearing,watching and having to put up with this torrent of poor, unprofessional reporting.

I agree with your post...

but seriously, what can we do?

The bastards seem to control the media nowadays......Goebbels would have been proud to have such a stranglehold.
No, the answer is not to bring back the famine song...it will just darken the cloud above us; portrayed by the Scottish Mhedia.

Thankfully, I don't live in Scotland - I feel sorry for my fellow bears, seeing hearing,watching and having to put up with this torrent of poor, unprofessional reporting.

Agree with this. They had politicians mobilised as soon as we sang that song at Hampden. WHo do we have at the ready?

Not a single solitary soul.

I agree totally with all that''s been said but i don't think reacting with fire v fire in this will help . To be honest the only songs in our (song book) that make me cringe are the songs with add ons and the 50p flute song .Its the old adage "give them enough rope ". but how longs a piece of rope . How long will the press sit on they're typewriters ?

I agree totally with all that''s been said but i don't think reacting with fire v fire in this will help . To be honest the only songs in our (song book) that make me cringe are the songs with add ons and the 50p flute song .Its the old adage "give them enough rope ". but how longs a piece of rope . How long will the press sit on they're typewriters ?

Totally agree.

I have never and will never sung the jobby sands line - I wish it would die a death.

Don't know what happened with my last reply but I was going to say why be so keen to blame our Board?
This shit lies fairly and squarely at the governing bodies doorstep (or indeed the police).
Do you really think that our Board of Directors should be commenting on what songs opposition supporters sing?

It’s the Rangers boards fault.

That is not true. They have, however - by their inaction - been complicit in our demonisation (the Club and the support).

The perpetuation of this situation and the inability and the refusal of all institutions to deal with the sectarianism eminating from the green bfhigade every week is ALL OUR FAULTS.

I give you EFFIGIES OF DEATH to all Protestants and Rangers Supporters and not one comment from our Board,

There is now a sinister element going on that far outweighs anything to do with football.IMO it all stems from the "know your place banner "that they displayed with no reprisal .They seem to now want to take over Scotland with some Rebublican parody that wants to drive any Britishness out of the country for good.
The GB have now took on the form, of a disjointed political party and are growing in strength (look at the media attention each and every banner they display?) Rangers need friends in the media and we need them now. All we can do as individuals is keep reporting the racists,bigoted songs and views that keep coming from a group endorsed by a club who stand by watching like lap dogs baying for blood.A club like no other right enough.

Don't know what happened with my last reply but I was going to say why be so keen to blame our Board?
This shit lies fairly and squarely at the governing bodies doorstep (or indeed the police).
Do you really think that our Board of Directors should be commenting on what songs opposition supporters sing?
Noted - perhaps I should have posted more.

I think their inertia over the past decade where we needed their protection and where they should have gone on the attack rather than say nothing has been our downfall.

Hopefully my later post explains my thinking.

Who gives a %^*& what they sing just as long as they don't moan about anything we sing(unless it's the woa woa song we stole of them after they stole it from napoli:))

It seems the powers that be have decided to ignore some of our stuff too. TBB is now back and nothing has happened along with a few others that could be used against us.

The Goon Brigade are out of Pete's control so the media don't want to face them either.

This is the only reason we've not been cited.......yet

Who gives a %^*& what they sing just as long as they don't moan about anything we sing(unless it's the woa woa song we stole of them after they stole it from napoli:))

I have no knowledge of ANYTHING EVER being stolen from that lot by Rangers. Can you educate me please?

That is not true. They have, however - by their inaction - been complicit in our demonisation (the Club and the support).

The perpetuation of this situation and the inability and the refusal of all institutions to deal with the sectarianism eminating from the green bfhigade every week is ALL OUR FAULTS.

I give you EFFIGIES OF DEATH to all Protestants and Rangers Supporters and not one comment from our Board,
It has been a long game to get to this position and it’ll be a long game to turn it back. It was done long before the current board were in place but they are acting to change things.
Some people call it “bridge building” and want the board gone for doing exactly what needs done. We need to play the long game, build relationships and change perceptions. Either way, certain people use it against our board.
These people are a scum dream. The scum do or say something and there’s cries against the current board. The scum don’t need to be good at PR anymore, it’s done for them by the country and some of our own fans always manage to turn it against Rangers.

Can't understand why you get such a cock stand about their vile song book. It's what they do. This is a club, who's directors and management don't even care that they are the only club in the country that hasn't got the decency to were a poppy on their shirt to remember our war dead who fought for the freedom we have today. They will never change. They are encouraged to do so by a Papish establishment. That said , we should never ever pandor to their grievence and victim hood culture. We have a famous saying attached to our club and that is " WE ARE THE PEOPLE. Just think about what that means and when we face them let it rip, The Billy Boys, which I'm glad to hear has made a come back and The Famine song as well as BJK and everything else that they hate should be sung with gusto. We have cleaned up our act and got no thanks for it , where as they are taking the piss. Peace? there can be no peace with the SFA, SPL, SPFA, The Media or any other anti Rangers element. We need to fight fire with fire. Good luck to Pedro and the Sons of Wiliam tomorrow .

They know they're untouchable. Witnessed three of them chanting about the IRA on Queen Street in town last night. The state should be rounding these bastards up and giving them 10 years.

As I said on another thread,

Our club needs a full time legal department hammering the media and broadcasters at all times. It must contact Police and politicians and make things known.

In short, we have to start playing them at their own game and do it hard and fast.

On the one hand I agree OP but to be fair I wouldn't give them air time and I certainly wouldn't waste my Saturday watching the filth unless we are involved that aside people in glass houses etc....

I hate to say it but I fear our song book wont be that different to the cringe fest we have to endure everyother away game.

I just wish we as a support would stick to Songs about Rangers, about being British and proud, yes there are a few but the majority of our songs are either songs with add on's, songs about dead hunger strikers,the god awful 50p song or just general songs about 'our' hatred of Catholics!

Unfortunately when these songs are sung we are no better.

Tin hat firmly on but it's the truth

@Damsidebear agree with your post - however the disparity is glaring.

They are getting worse as the weeks progress and they know they are untouchable - they advertise it.

To quote the OP "Every IRA song you can imagine and a few I've not heard in years , then we have the For we will be mastered by no Orange B*****

We were also subjected to the racist Get the Brits out now chant , and it's all coming from their club sanctioned fans group " The Green Brigade "

Club sanctioned xenophobia.

F@@k the poet, but if we allow our own songbook to be taken away then we can't complain.

Simple thing is to sing what we want, when criticised show them evidence of their songbook.

Or we dont say anything

Sectarian singing is only ever an issue when Rangers are on top. It’s their favoured coping mechanism can’t beat us on the park their journo friends will damage us off it.

Watch when we next beat them all of a sudden it will be a big issue again.

How the %^*& do they get away with it.If the ball was on the other foot then we would be getting it tight from Media and authorities

@Damsidebear agree with your post - however the disparity is glaring.

They are getting worse as the weeks progress and they know they are untouchable - they advertise it.

To quote the OP "Every IRA song you can imagine and a few I've not heard in years , then we have the For we will be mastered by no Orange B*****

Club sanctioned xenophobia.

It should be an level playing field so to speak and yes the shit they spout about us brits and glorifying the IRA does infuriate me like any other like minded bear.

I wish they were dragged through the coals and stood in front of the authorities but ask yourself this, if that ever truly happened do you honestly think the 'minority' of Rangers supporters cease singing about dead hunger strikers or stop singing songs with add on's? i honestly dont think so.

Last edited:
Back