Scumbag Porteous fined for hitting woman with tumbler

Too be fair, never hit with glass or tumbler as you’re obviously taking it as. It was a plastic cup. Let’s please tell truth about these scum and not make up things. Plastic or glass, still scum, still same scummy rage behind the throwing. Jail him. But also, tell the truth.
What world would you have folk locked up for chucking a plastic cup?

Too be fair, never hit with glass or tumbler as you’re obviously taking it as. It was a plastic cup. Let’s please tell truth about these scum and not make up things. Plastic or glass, still scum, still same scummy rage behind the throwing. Jail him. But also, tell the truth.
The article says tumbler, I read that and made the jump to glass, didn’t register the plastic bit later on, genuine slip-up.

What world would you have folk locked up for chucking a plastic cup?

The thought behind it. Same throw would happen plastic or glass. Personally I’d smash hell out of him with a hammer, but this isn’t my personal world, so yeah, scum does what scum does - but tell truth about all.

Horrible wee rat masquerading as a hardman. Real hardmen don't feel the need to advertise it nor do they go around glassing women.

Oh how I would enjoy seeing this scumbag's career ended before he ends someone else's.

Scumbag of a guy. Fits in well with they tramps but wouldn’t be surprised to see him make a move to their Glasgow counterparts in the near future.

Hibernian FC have “fully condemned” the actions of Ryan Porteous after the player was fined for hitting a woman’s face with a tumbler on a night out.
The centre-back was accused of throwing the vessel that then struck the woman outside Dalkeith Miners Club in Midlothian on February 20.
The plastic glass struck the victim in the face, leaving her with a “small cut” to the head.
On Friday, Porteous pleaded guilty to a charge of culpable and reckless conduct at Edinburgh Sheriff Court.
The 23-year-old was fined £320 and ordered to pay his victim £200 compensation.

Hibernian later issued a statement acknowledging the “severity” of the incident and punished Porteous internally with the “maximum possible fine”.
In a statement, the club said; “Whilst observing the conclusion of the legal proceedings, Hibernian FC investigated this internally.
“The club fully understands the severity of this incident, as does Ryan, and he has been handed the maximum possible fine, alongside receiving punishment at court.
“Hibernian FC expects the highest standards of responsible behaviour from its players and staff. This has been firmly reinforced to the player.
“This will now remain a private matter and Hibernian FC will make no further comment.”
See,if wee Lenny was still there he'd have installed some discipline in the lad

Sorry, I should have consulted the antique roadshow to find out the difference between a glass and a tumbler before I posted.
It wasn't a tumbler either, it was a plastic beer container. There was totally no glass involved.

Maybe if his club and the football media had condemned him outright for his assault on Aribo and others, he might have been forced to have a think about his behaviour and maybe this doesn't happen. Just as likely it still does happen of course, because he seems like a bellend, but the collective arm around the shoulder parts of the Scottish game gave him after his red card at Ibrox certainly only enabled his thuggery.

He’s a silly boy. All of us were silly boys at some point but at 23 I would have expected him to screw the nut a bit before now. I was in charge of multimillion Building Control Applications at 23 ffs (with guidance I will add). I was on 24k a year for that, RP will earn that in a month or two.
You were underpaid !

Being hit by a glass object it entirely different to a plastic container isn’t it.
Either way scummy thing to do but the risk of seriously injuring a person is pretty much negated
Point taken, but if by chance it was heavily laden ( : ) ) with fluid ? These containers can become Sharp, hence the cut, it could have been worse e.g an eye ! So potentially negated my arse ! Just saying . Lenient outcome for him.

It was a plastic tumbler. Not defending his actions but he didnt glass her
Correct. A despise Porteous but the absolute double standards in this thread are a joke. Just need to look at Gazza in the past or Flanegan. Let’s not try be on a moral high horse. Will only come back to bite us.

He didn't glass her, he threw a plastic beer container at her. That is a bit different than glassing her. They are both wrong, but let's keep to the facts.
Hi Ryan B-)

Apologies was not aware of the finer details. Having been to Dalkeith Miners (to watch us against Celtic actually) it was an easy assumption to make.

Leigh Griffiths was asking for naked pictures of under age girls yet still got employed by more than one club in this country over the past year. Unfortunately these clubs have zero morals when it comes to their players either abusing children or women.
Those who say 'oh but they're really good people and just misunderstood' are fcuking idiots.
Good people don't throw glasses at women or ask young girls for naked photos of themselves.
Porteous and Griffiths should not be playing. They are not role models for kids to look up to

A scumbag of the highest order.

It won't be long until he ends a players career as he gets nothing but encouragement to play the way he does.

Back