Seven years ago the club lodged it's intention to go into administration

I can mind us playing Killie at Ibrox not long after we went into administration.

We were beaten 1-0 (Dean Shiels), and I remember not giving a single solitary %^*& about the result or performance. Minds were elsewhere I expect, for all of us, wondering what the future would hold.
In many ways, the winter of 2014 and spring of 2015 was worse. The summer of 2012 at least had a galvanised support and the possibility of a fresh start post-Murray and Whyte. The Ashley era would have seen people drift away and the club become a mid-table SPL outfit, at best.

The only time that I ever considered 'walking away' and just giving up on the club was after that AGM that the SPIVs had on the park.

It just seemed so pointless putting myself through the stress of the constant bad news and constant stream of hate from the rest of Scottish football when i couldn't see things improving.

Thankfully Dave King bought shares not long after which renewed the hope that things would one day get better.

My wife worked around the corner from Ibrox, still does so I stopped the car right outside the main stand.
There wasn’t a lot of people there but 30 mins later it was mobbed and I found myself down at the barrier at the front door and that googly eyed c.unt appeared in front of me looking like a rabbit in the headlights as he read from a piece of paper.
I’m not a fighter but I wish I had put one on his chin that day. F.ucking scumbag.

I remember not sleeping that night then racing home from work to see updates. Was up most of the night watching SSN reporting it over and over. That feeling in the pit of my stomach was awful. Had to explain it to the wife when she saw tears.

It was only a few months after meeting Whyte and all I wanted to do was skin the guy.

Went to our RSC in brand new venue wondering how many would show both in the pub and in Brechin. Manchester was nothing compared to how our support reacted to what was happening. That’s when we really did mobilise.

We almost never played again. Now look at us.

Whytes elderly uncle was a lovely man who was in our LOL.He said to us all that he was a conman who would bleed us dry and close us down like everything else he touched.
Not many believed him but those of us who grew up beside him had real doubts as we knew how he operated.
The rest is history.

I listened to the Real Radio football phone in every night and around the time Whyte was taking over the club there was one caller that kept phoning in saying that he’d had several dealings with him over the years, don’t touch him with a barge pole was what the guy would say every time he called...

I was in Argyle Street that day and I heard one of the unwashed shouting to another something along the lines of "that's them gone into administration". Got a message from my brother seconds later confirming it.

I'll never forget how it felt logging into FF first thing every morning or during lunch break or all night and seeing the latest thread which would feel like a blow to the gut. Felt like everything that could go wrong, did. Even after entering admin, I remember telling a mate that there was no chance of us getting liquidated, we were too big to too many people. On here there were many (myself included) who clung on to any sliver of hope which when you look back on, seems ludicrous. Duff and Phelps did a press conference and there were several on here who insisted they were given a place on our board because they were the only ones defending the club. Insane to think back on.

One thing I learned from that experience that's carried through life was to mentally prepare and plan for the worst outcome, that way you won't be surprised or crushed if or when it happens.

Reading this thread, I hope we all remember how hated we were/are and that nobody in Scottish football was willing to help us in any way. The rest of our country descended on us like we were a wounded animal. At all stages, there was a knife held to our throat and we were expected to apologise and be thankful for that treatment. Never forget how we were treated.

The day The Rangers went into administration was the same day my wife went into hospital. She didn't come out alive.
The Rangers are on the mend, true, and one day, hopefully soon, they will be back where we all want them to be.
My wife won't be here to see it, and that will always be a void, as it is for everything.
Shankly is an icon to me. But occasionally he couldn't half talk shite.

I honestly thought, sat in a restaurant near the Scottish Parliament, that Administration would be our lowest ebb. I felt numb. It didn't sink in. What really surprised me was it wasn't. The spivs/Ashley just about broke me as a fan. Charles green's hospital bed? The Easdales...involved at Ibrox :confused:? Haymakers? What a bad dream. I found the attitude of other fans particularly galling. Working class guys gloating about Admin. The Tims you'd expect, but Hearts, Killie, Motherwell etc? Supporters of clubs seemingly happy to weaken our national game, hating Rangers more than loving their team. It said a lot about Scotland and the culture we live in.

To be fair to some Celtic fans, not many, but some, had said to me and probably many others on here that the Scottish game would die a death without us, ok, the Scottish Premiership carried on as normal without us but atleast some understood the game would be worse off without the Old Firm and that there was no competition in the top flight for years until this season.

What I will say is that I certainly won't forget the actions of some clubs, I won't boycott them, but I hope certain individuals within the game (you know who) all suffer terrible endings and no more so than Ashley, Whyte, Green and Murray.

Very surprised those "people" are still alive tbh. Their day will come when a Rangers fan will risk his life to take one of theirs, don't worry about that. The hatred inside us of these "men" can only bubble up inside for so long until we snap like a victim upon a bully.

An often overlooked part of this saga was a known to the courts/HMRC cant like whyte being allowed to appoint his own administrators.

That was a key part in the spivs/wigs plan could have been so different .

Alastair Johnston at NARSA 2011 in Orlando was scathing in his summation of Whyte, if only more had listened to him.

In terms of blame, I have a list.

1. Sir Duped
2. Whyte
3. Donald Muir
4. Fat Cunt
5. The rest of the scumbags.

I also can't stand the ultra-wealthy 'Rangers fans' who could have ended the whole mess with one cheque.

When you look back at the last seven years, starting with the whole Whyte scenario, it really has been a huge eye opener

In terms of what we went through, Charles Green & his big ‘money grabbing hands’

The whole share issue when we seemed to burn through wads of cash in lower divisions

The sleazedales & the AGMs in the tents etc

Ally’s resignation, Gardening leave, Kenny McDowell etc etc

Gutless displays after displays, it really did emotionally effect all of us or most certainly me

I remember the afternoon the three bears came back in to the club & won control, I sat in my office in tears

We have came along way since

There’s a long way to go but a lot of people shouldn’t be missed when 55 does come home

What should never be forgotten is those that tried to kill our club off, those that take great delight in kicking us when we were down

For now we can enjoy the ‘last’ chapter of our recovery in terms of returning that title. It might be a few years away but it is on its way

Faith in the process we are currently on board

Cheers to the Rangers, my club & your club

Well said Sir. A brilliant summation.

Back