Sevilla FanZone - FOR INFO ONLY - DO NOT OFFER OR REQUEST TICKET SALES

bjorklund-by-the-sea

Any news on this or whether there will be big screens put up to watch the game? I’m there from early afternoon on the Wednesday and I’d planned on just going to the Merchant or Arena or similar bar in the town to watch the game. As good as the atmosphere will be I dont want to miss the actual game.

Hopefully find out some time this week. If it's looking like a cluster %^*& then I might just stay put and watch it in Malaga.

Right now there's a hell of a lot that could go wrong anyway with train tickets etc getting cancelled.

If I'm delayed getting back from Seville on the Thursday morning then I'll miss my flight. Even right now I'm cutting it fine.

Hopefully find out some time this week. If it's looking like a cluster %^*& then I might just stay put and watch it in Malaga.

Right now there's a hell of a lot that could go wrong anyway with train tickets etc getting cancelled.

If I'm delayed getting back from Seville on the Thursday morning then I'll miss my flight. Even right now I'm cutting it fine.
Mate my wife flew back from Palma today and said passport control was a nightmare. Loads missing flights due to the time it was taking.

I realise different airport. However I think it’s the same all over.

Ah shyte, what trains have been cancelled?

FBS

We're gonna need s bigger fan zone for sure, more than one anyway
Real Betis play their last home game of the season on 15th May. Their stadium may be green and white shyte, but it holds 60k and is a 30 minute bus ride from town. Make sure the fridges are on and well stocked and there's 4 massive screens on the pitch and Roberto's yer Uncle.

FBS

Real Betis play their last home game of the season on 15th May. Their stadium may be green and white shyte, but it holds 60k and is a 30 minute bus ride from town. Make sure the fridges are on and well stocked and there's 4 massive screens on the pitch and Roberto's yer Uncle.

FBS

As far as I’m aware Spanish (and Portuguese) football clubs don’t sell alcohol within their stadiums.

If they get proper fan parks and open up the 2 stadia with less than 10 days notice I'll eat my hat.

There is nothing about it on any of their "we are ready" posts including Sevilla FC, the Mayor's social media and the city's social media and website.

There's a common misconception that if there are fan zones they will show the game, they usually don't.

The CL final in Madrid in 2019 between Liverpool and Spurs had multiple fan zones, but they all closed at 6pm and didn't show the game and there was nothing else put on for fans to watch it.

I can't actually find any recent city that has hosted the CL/EL final that had big screens for fans.

Opening other stadiums for fans makes most sense, but getting the screens, equipment, security etc even with a few weeks notice would be next to impossible. I doubt there's enough police, healthcare, security to have 3 full stadiums at the one time.

There's a common misconception that if there are fan zones they will show the game, they usually don't.

The CL final in Madrid in 2019 between Liverpool and Spurs had multiple fan zones, but they all closed at 6pm and didn't show the game and there was nothing else put on for fans to watch it.

I can't actually find any recent city that has hosted the CL/EL final that had big screens for fans.

Opening other stadiums for fans makes most sense, but getting the screens, equipment, security etc even with a few weeks notice would be next to impossible. I doubt there's enough police, healthcare, security to have 3 full stadiums at the one time.
So what are we going to do then?

FBS
Seems a no-brainer for uefa, local council and Betis.

I don't think any trains have been cancelled so far, but certain third party sites have been selling tickets then cancelling them because it's overbooked.

I think if you got seat number/qr code you should be fine.
You had me worried there mate. Booked direct with renfe though so seat reservations and qr code and should be OK. I'm the same as you getting back to malaga on thu for my flight home.

It really isnt. The authorities cant be ready on the off chance we qualify. If you travel somewhere expecting something that isnt advertised as yet and it doesnt materialise thats on you

How long have they known the uefa cup final is being hosted in Seville? Regardless of whether we qualified or not they aren’t ready for a large amount of fans descending on Seville and the surrounding areas. Strange point of view to have

I think that's slightly harsh on the authorities tbf. It's been 3 days since the teams have been finalised.

You can't expect them to miraculously come up with stuff that might be impossible in the space of 3 days
It’s not in the space of 3 days. They’ve known the Europa is been hosted in Seville for the whole season. They’ve had plenty of time to plan and organise for it.

I think that’s fair. I did sort of hope regardless of who qualified there would be a fan park showing the game and that was already greenlit - it should be a condition of any bid to host a final. But I agree if it’s not already in motion then there won’t be anything organised in the next few days.

It’s not in the space of 3 days. They’ve known the Europa is been hosted in Seville for the whole season. They’ve had plenty of time to plan and organise for it.
They most likely are organised perfectly well, for a normal amount of fans. Ie ticket holders and maybe a couple thousand extra.

It's not their fault that both teams are going to bring tens upon tens of thousands of ticketless fans. I obviously hope that stuff is put in place and everyone gets to see the game but if it isn't then it doesn't automatically become 100% the authorities fault.

I think that’s fair. I did sort of hope regardless of who qualified there would be a fan park showing the game and that was already greenlit - it should be a condition of any bid to host a final. But I agree if it’s not already in motion then there won’t be anything organised in the next few days.

You would think they would be required to have a plan if certain amount of fans are expected to attend (50k, 100k, 150k etc) and put them into place depending on who makes the final.

For all we know they might have somewhere planned to show it and are just either finalising it or want to announce it late to put off people without tickets attending.

I don't even want to watch it at a fan zone, but it will take a huge chunk of fans out of the city centre/bars.

How long have they known the uefa cup final is being hosted in Seville? Regardless of whether we qualified or not they aren’t ready for a large amount of fans descending on Seville and the surrounding areas. Strange point of view to have
The mayor said they're budgeting for 50,000 maximum. That includes the 40,000 at the game presumably.

They are so far from prepared it is unreal.

I appreciate that tens of thousands of us are heading to Seville, most without tickets, I hope that there are fan zones showing the game, but I severely have my doubts. I really hope UEFA are listening and talking to both clubs about this.

Mate no one gets near us in terms of travelling support. RB couldnt fill their allocation at Ibrox for example.

The mayor said they're budgeting for 50,000 maximum. That includes the 40,000 at the game presumably.

They are so far from prepared it is unreal.
When did he say that mate ? this is scary if he has said that after seeing teams that got through to the final .

Back