Sevilla FanZone - FOR INFO ONLY - DO NOT OFFER OR REQUEST TICKET SALES

This was always likely.

They’ll be doing everything they can to discourage folk from travelling. The screens are never going to happen unless Rangers are taking world class negotiators/diplomats.
Too late everyone is going anyway.
Hope Rangers can secure a stadium to show the game and that take 60k off the streets and gives the rest a chance of seeing it in a bar

This was always likely.

They’ll be doing everything they can to discourage folk from travelling. The screens are never going to happen unless Rangers are taking world class negotiators/diplomats.
M they did screens for Celtic. It would be asking for trouble if they didn’t try and repeat that.

Do you know if you have to go through security etc again if you are connecting in Palma? We are going via Palma to Madrid but connections are tight.
Not sure
If it’s internal flight you probably won’t have to go through
As the gates are set up for non EU countries
If you’re through security with 2 hours to spare you will be fine
Just go and check out where the gate is straight away
Issue is folk think they can walk straight to the boarding gate and leave it til the last minute

Having to use non-EU queues won’t help either.
Flew back from Malaga on 18th April. Although signs at Passport Control indicated separate queues for EU and non EU citizens everybody was going through either one no problem.
A wee aside. We were wearing masks in the airport, the ones with the plastic valve thing on them. We were told going thru security that these were not acceptable, no reason given. Luckily we had a couple of spare blue ones.

The stadium they played the 2003 final in holds 50,000, was used in the Euros
Has a huge park around it, would be ideal for a Rangers fan zone due to its size
Walking distance of the city centre too
Obviously couldn’t use it in 2003 as the final was in the stadium
I’ve stayed in the Meliá opposite the Plaza de Espana and there’s no way that’s holding more than 30/40000
They’ll need to set up a few zones outwith

Don't want to come across as all melodramatic, but if there are 50,000 Rangers fans and 30,000 Frankfurt fans in the city without tickets, drinking all day and then nowhere to see the match, this will turn into a riot.

I can't believe there won't be screens put up and either fan zones or stadia used for it.

If they don't do that, half the police force in Spain better head to Seville that morning.

The fanzones UEFA are putting on seem like a good day out. Clearly aimed at two sets if fans only bringing ticketed fans over.

Recipe for disaster for ticketless punters and the reason i wouldn’t travel without one.

Too late everyone is going anyway.
Hope Rangers can secure a stadium to show the game and that take 60k off the streets and gives the rest a chance of seeing it in a bar
That's the most sensible idea.
The fact is there just isn't enough room in the city centre to hold 25k fans let alone the predicted 100k Rangers fans and whatever Eintracht bring.
They could use the Estadio Olimpico, Benito Vilamarin (Betis ground) or even the bullring!
Whatever they decide, they really must try and get everyone off the streets!

All the way to Seville to watch the game on your phone.
Just another absolute balls up from UEFA. Maybe if we all stick on some suits they'll bend over for us?

There's a common misconception that if there are fan zones they will show the game, they usually don't.

The CL final in Madrid in 2019 between Liverpool and Spurs had multiple fan zones, but they all closed at 6pm and didn't show the game and there was nothing else put on for fans to watch it.

I can't actually find any recent city that has hosted the CL/EL final that had big screens for fans.

Opening other stadiums for fans makes most sense, but getting the screens, equipment, security etc even with a few weeks notice would be next to impossible. I doubt there's enough police, healthcare, security to have 3 full stadiums at the one time.

There's sense in every point you make.

I'd say that if the city can't cope with the predicted fans that are attending though, that's a fault of the organisers in the first place.

Don't want to come across as all melodramatic, but if there are 50,000 Rangers fans and 30,000 Frankfurt fans in the city without tickets, drinking all day and then nowhere to see the match, this will turn into a riot.

I can't believe there won't be screens put up and either fan zones or stadia used for it.

If they don't do that, half the police force in Spain better head to Seville that morning.
Wait and see what happens with the fanzones. Rangers going for talks today and tomorrow according to some well respected posters regarding fanzones! Wouldn’t count out screens just yet.

Sounds like the Mauchline Holy Fair to be honest.
All joking aside I hope everyone stays safe but my gut feeling is the City is to avoided without tickets. If they bring thousands and as someone else said further up, throw in Spanish plod and we could be looking at bedlam.
The no screen thing, if true. looks like a deliberate attempt to keep those without tickets away.
Main thing is, stay safe bears.

I don't think any trains have been cancelled so far, but certain third party sites have been selling tickets then cancelling them because it's overbooked.

I think if you got seat number/qr code you should be fine.

If you’ve booked with Renfe or Trainline and have a seat number confirmed you’ll be OK.

This mistake people (understandably) make is booking the cheapest tickets which all get double booked on these sites and then results in ticket cancellations.

I understand everyone has a budget to stick to, but you’re better paying an extra 20/30 quid for middle tier or first class carriages which don’t get double booked or cancelled.

There's sense in every point you make.

I'd say that if the city can't cope with the predicted fans that are attending though, that's a fault of the organisers in the first place.
I find it difficult to blame Seville for this to be honest. They will have planned for stadium capacity plus, say 10% without tickets. To plan for the remote possibility of both Rangers and Frankfurt making it would have cost millions more because they'd have had to do that months ago with every chance the final ended up being Galatasary v Braga.

All the way to Seville to watch the game on your phone.
Just another absolute balls up from UEFA. Maybe if we all stick on some suits they'll bend over for us?
See, this is part of the problem - same as Manchester.

Nobody promised us screens, facilities or anything else if we want to travel to Spain. It was always going to be the case that UEFA and the city plan for ticketed fans.

Much as we'd like them to assign entire parks or stadiums to us, with screens, toilets, bars etc all set up along with the security required, it isn't happening. Costs and logistics would make it prohibitive. And then they need to do the same for Frankfurt?

If you travel to a game like this without a ticket you need to do it on the understanding that you're responsible for finding somewhere to watch the game, not UEFA or the Mayor of Seville. We could argue all day that it isn't fair, but that's the long and short of it.

The inevitable outcome is always trouble and aggro because people aren't mature enough to handle the fact that the world doesn't revolve around what they want. (not directed at you, but a general observation of the mob mentality)

I find it difficult to blame Seville for this to be honest. They will have planned for stadium capacity plus, say 10% without tickets. To plan for the remote possibility of both Rangers and Frankfurt making it would have cost millions more because they'd have had to do that months ago with every chance the final ended up being Galatasary v Braga.
100% you see on one of the articles shared on the first page of this thread said they expect 40-50k fans in the city and this article was end of April but obviously the mindset when bidding to host

Little did they know how far off that number is

See, this is part of the problem - same as Manchester.

Nobody promised us screens, facilities or anything else if we want to travel to Spain. It was always going to be the case that UEFA and the city plan for ticketed fans.

Much as we'd like them to assign entire parks or stadiums to us, with screens, toilets, bars etc all set up along with the security required, it isn't happening. Costs and logistics would make it prohibitive. And then they need to do the same for Frankfurt?

If you travel to a game like this without a ticket you need to do it on the understanding that you're responsible for finding somewhere to watch the game, not UEFA or the Mayor of Seville We could argue all day that it isnt fair, but that's the long and short of it.
Totally get why folk want to be there, but I can guarantee if you don't have a ticket you'll have a better experience in the local Rangers boozer or if anything is arranged in Glasgow without the risk of not seeing the game or getting clobbered by some Spanish robocop wanker. The weather is supposed to be good here too!

Mate my wife flew back from Palma today and said passport control was a nightmare. Loads missing flights due to the time it was taking.

I realise different airport. However I think it’s the same all over.
Schiphol is also a nightmare. On the news just about every day. Some airlines are cancelling their flights to Schiphol and diverting to other airports

Could be a recipe for disaster this whole episode unless plans are confirmed to get fans into the other stadia. UEFA don’t plan for clubs like us to reach a final, they plan for only fans with tickets to travel plus a very small number on the off chance. Just like Manchester the city can’t handle the number of people we take and then add in a German side who have never been in this position so are taking 30-40k, it’s madness

More travelling to a effectively a big town in Spain than there are going to Paris for the ECL final…..to a game played in a ground half the size

Schiphol is also a nightmare. On the news just about every day. Some airlines are cancelling their flights to Schiphol and diverting to other airports

Birmingham is horrific. Took us 90 minutes to get through security in February... at 6:30AM for one of the first flights of the day up to Scotland!

Regular 3 hours queues to get through apparently.

There was screens in the Manchester fan zones.

There will be screens in Seville showing the game, whether that be fan zones or allocated areas around the city. The Seville authorities & UEFA cannot possibly making a conscious decision to not house both sets of supporters, away from each other, where they can watch the game in a safe environment given the numbers that they will surely know will be travelling.

If they don't, they are entirely responsible for the chaos that will ensue on their city as a result.

There will be screens in Seville showing the game, whether that be fan zones or allocated areas around the city. The Seville authorities & UEFA cannot possibly making a conscious decision to not house both sets of supporters, away from each other, where they can watch the game in a safe environment given the numbers that they will surely know will be travelling.

If they don't, they are entirely responsible for the chaos that will ensue on their city as a result.
In a nutshell. Up to them to get it right.

That's the most sensible idea.
The fact is there just isn't enough room in the city centre to hold 25k fans let alone the predicted 100k Rangers fans and whatever Eintracht bring.
They could use the Estadio Olimpico, Benito Vilamarin (Betis ground) or even the bullring!
Whatever they decide, they really must try and get everyone off the streets!
They wouldn't use the bullring mate thats sacrosanct. But there are big open areas they use for other events. If they wanted to do it they could, you just get the feeling they don't want to. The fact it's Rangers and Eintracht has caught them out is the way it looks and they just want everyone out the city.

Nae screens but at least there is a beat the goalie.

"Did you enjoy the game?"

"Didn't see it but I stuck one top bins past wee Pedro".
Its not even a real fucking keeper, its animatronic. Will be a good laugh for folk back in work on Friday when they tell them that they had to watch the game on the reflection in a window off someone's phone while Seville rioted around them. But hey, they panenka'd robocop so every cloud.

Reading that makes me wonder exactly what UEFA are thinking or what other finals must have been like over the past few seasons.

Sounds like the plan is that fans would be able to just wander around and have time and space to check out all of these stalls and the like.

If say 50k of us and 50k of them show up in the city on the day then I would be surprised if the majority even get to see the match. Even in Manchester the pubs were struggling to accommodate people and that was with the Russians only bringing a few supporters.

The fact that they plan to close the fan zone at 6pm, 3 hours before kick-off, and have no plans to use parks or other stadiums to broadcast the game is worrying.

I hope that everyone going over will be careful and will stay safe.
Definitely have a bad feeling about this.

i worry for ticketless fans, and im now happy with my decision not to go without a ticket

• will there really be enough toilet facilities for 100k (at least) ticketless fans
  • will there really be enough food and drink facilities? Manchester was dry before most folk arrived!
  • 9 days to go and no clarity on screens to watch the games
  • throw in the Germans and Spanish police - i think this will be absolute bedlam

It's natural that we would be worried about this turning into another Manchester but with over a week left to go I am just hoping that they will sort something out.

Reading that makes me wonder exactly what UEFA are thinking or what other finals must have been like over the past few seasons.

Sounds like the plan is that fans would be able to just wander around and have time and space to check out all of these stalls and the like.

If say 50k of us and 50k of them show up in the city on the day then I would be surprised if the majority even get to see the match. Even in Manchester the pubs were struggling to accommodate people and that was with the Russians only bringing a few supporters.

The fact that they plan to close the fan zone at 6pm, 3 hours before kick-off, and have no plans to use parks or other stadiums to broadcast the game is worrying.

You don’t know if they have no plans to use parks or stadium. It will not be UEFA remit to organise this.

Rangers are heading over today to sort out plans, best waiting on information coming from that.

Birmingham is horrific. Took us 90 minutes to get through security in February... at 6:30AM for one of the first flights of the day up to Scotland!

Regular 3 hours queues to get through apparently.

Sounds great, I’m flying from Birmingham.

Hopefully it’s improved.

If they managed to do it back in 2003 for the molesters then they'll sure as hell be able to do it in 2022.

As much as I have no time for UEFA, it's not their problem if 100k ticketless fans turn up. They don't allocate finals to cities with the most pubs/restaurants/hotels to accommodate this.

I'm sure Rangers and the authorities in Spain will come up with something, but if they don't then it isn't uefa's fault.

Meanwhile, back in reality, it's very difficult to plan for a major event where the expected attendance has possibly quadrupled with less than a fortnight to go. Money (and pubs, big tellies and portable loos) doesn't grow on trees.

Meanwhile, back in reality, it's very difficult to plan for a major event where the expected attendance has possibly quadrupled with less than a fortnight to go. Money (and pubs, big tellies and portable loos) doesn't grow on trees.
The semi finalists have been known for almost a month . Frankfurt were favourites after first game also , so should have known possibility at least of high numbers travelling .

Reactions: VGM
They wouldn't use the bullring mate thats sacrosanct. But there are big open areas they use for other events. If they wanted to do it they could, you just get the feeling they don't want to. The fact it's Rangers and Eintracht has caught them out is the way it looks and they just want everyone out the city.
I’m staying across the road from the Bull Ring so defo :D.

The semi finalists have been known for almost a month . Frankfurt were favourites after first game also , so should have known possibility at least of high numbers travelling .

Yeah, I don’t buy the lack of prep.

Frankfurt and West Ham would both carry big support.

Perhaps there was an expectation RBL were going to win :shh: .

Back