Seville Travel Thread * ALL POSTS HERE / NO TRADING *

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called them yesterday after getting an email that changed the departure time from 0245 to 0150. That was crazy, especially when it said you had to be at the airport 2 hours beforehand or risk it going without you.

They reassured me that the departure would be flexible if fans got delayed, but I'm still not sure just how long they would wait.

I also got an email from them afterwards with this message from their head office

• The flight slot is provisional and we are waiting on final confirmation of the departure time.
  • The flight was chartered to support fans enjoying the game and the atmosphere in Seville so please be assured that if the match runs into extra time, the flight has the flexibility to meet that delay. All the football flight charters anticipate this type of delay.
  • The stadium is just a short drive to the airport and – 10 minutes in a taxi and approx. 20-30 mins by bus. We recommend you plan your return transfer in advance – identifying taxi ranks and the bus stops close to the stadium.
I got called by them today for extra info on the three of us going, and asked about the 0150 return time. She said there will be Barrhead travel people on the plane and we can ask them, but same as you I’d be worried about making that, even if it doesn’t go to extra time.
This is a bit of a riot.

Now just been emailed saying they aren’t providing boarding passes and we will get these details at the airport.

What details? We haven’t even been given provisional times for flights or anything.

This is a bit of a riot.

Now just been emailed saying they aren’t providing boarding passes and we will get these details at the airport.

What details? We haven’t even been given provisional times for flights or anything.
The girl I spoke to yesterday said the flights won't be fully confirmed till tonight!
All very last minute and not good for the heart rate.

This is a bit of a riot.

I told them when we booked it was a return flight from Malaga with a bus laid on to get to the airport, and that gave us peace of mind we were getting back ok. But she just kept saying the airport is only 10 minutes away, and it's better now as I'll get home faster...

The girl I spoke to yesterday said the flights won't be fully confirmed till tonight!
All very last minute and not good for the heart rate.
Barrhead travel also just emailed saying it is mandatory to fill in the Spanish locator form.

I called them yesterday after getting an email that changed the departure time from 0245 to 0150. That was crazy, especially when it said you had to be at the airport 2 hours beforehand or risk it going without you.

They reassured me that the departure would be flexible if fans got delayed, but I'm still not sure just how long they would wait.

I also got an email from them afterwards with this message from their head office

• The flight slot is provisional and we are waiting on final confirmation of the departure time.
  • The flight was chartered to support fans enjoying the game and the atmosphere in Seville so please be assured that if the match runs into extra time, the flight has the flexibility to meet that delay. All the football flight charters anticipate this type of delay.
  • The stadium is just a short drive to the airport and – 10 minutes in a taxi and approx. 20-30 mins by bus. We recommend you plan your return transfer in advance – identifying taxi ranks and the bus stops close to the stadium.
How can you plan return transfers when we don't even know when the game will finish?

No idea, as we’ve had no emails relating to the journey itself. The lady said we’ve to downs load the SPTH locator app and fill it in.
PM me your email address and I'll send you the info they sent me. It has 2 forms to fill in, I'm assuming one of them is the locator form as it's all about covid precautions, etc.

PM me your email address and I'll send you the info they sent me. It has 2 forms to fill in, I'm assuming one of them is the locator form as it's all about covid precautions, etc.
Cheers DH.

This doesn’t feel well organised at all.

So, what's everyone booked up?

2 of us booked Edinburgh to Lisbon after the match for £249 return (still available for that price if anyone else is looking)

Hotel Anglaterra in Seville on the Tuesday night, then driving back to Lisbon and staying near the airport straight after the final.

Gambled on tickets earlier in the week. Buzzing!
I booked flights to faro from Edinburgh after the Braga game, Tuesday - Thursday l, got accommodation right in the middle of Seville for up to 4 ppl but only going on my own now as other guys couldn’t get flights, flights were cheap as, accommodation was a grand but was meant to be split ‍♂️

Guy that goes on my bus is on a bus from Glasgow to Seville leaving today. He's just posted on Facebook that 3 Parks buses have had to stop because the toilets broken on them all!

Anyone on the London Gatwick flight that lands in Malaga at 23:20 on Tuesday? Just looking to share transport to benalmedena after landing!

Catching up on Barrhead postings.

Got to end of business today and still no further update. The last email on Saturday had a covid form to download and complete and take to airport. It also had a link to a personal info form for online completion which I was reluctant to complete as it had a lot of personal information but it was a secure link ( hopefully).

It doesn’t look like there is going to be advance check in so we are just going to have to turn up and check then deal with security. Fantastic.

If they think there is going to be public transport or taxis after the game sufficient for the number of people looking they are in la-la land.

Add to that we were told one set of arrangements to sign up and pay and something different later which is still provisional and I am not bursting with confidence here.

Best I can say is please share any informed info here and hope to see fellow travellers on a plane on Wednesday morning.

Got to end of business today and still no further update. The last email on Saturday had a covid form to download and complete and take to airport. It also had a link to a personal info form for online completion which I was reluctant to complete as it had a lot of personal information but it was a secure link ( hopefully).

It doesn’t look like there is going to be advance check in so we are just going to have to turn up and check then deal with security. Fantastic.

If they think there is going to be public transport or taxis after the game sufficient for the number of people looking they are in la-la land.

Add to that we were told one set of arrangements to sign up and pay and something different later which is still provisional and I am not bursting with confidence here.

Best I can say is please share any informed info here and hope to see fellow travellers on a plane on Wednesday morning.
Totally share all those misgivings, and I have the email correspondence with them to prove it.

Just spoke to Laura from Barrhead Travel as I got told yesterday not to get too worried about our new 01:50 departure time as it would be flexible if things overran, but the departure time was only provisional anyway.
No emails or calls from them without me prompting a reply, but the 01:50 time is now definite.

We've got tickets for the big screens but I genuinely think we won't get back from there anywhere near on time, regardless of how the game goes. It's a 40 minute walk to the city, before you then have to find airport transport. And by then, tens of thosands will aready be in the queues.
I think I'll probably now watch the game in a bar close to the main bus station, and get my arse to there after the match hopefully before the crowds descend.
It's pretty shit, but too risky otherwise. If flights get delayed for hours because fans haven't appeared yet, that will be good, but I can't rely on that.

It’s really a worry. Not been a smooth process at all.

Still in fucking limbo.

No flight times at all, telling us to fill in a locator form which FF says is no longer required and information as to when we can check in to get our boarding passes.

Can just sense I’m going to get knocked back.

Bit of a long shot here but does anyone have any space in a car/bus/anything back to Malaga from Seville after the game? Got a chance to go over but need to make it back to Malaga for a 10:30 flight. Going over by myself at last minute if I go so can’t tie in with my mates travel arrangements.
I'm on the lookout for the same mate, trying to hitch in.

I buckled & booked this afternoon, so trying to sort travel on my own!

Thought the flight left Seville at 2:45?

We’ve had absolutely %^*& all confirmation from them and booked Friday afternoon (the 6th) but got a call today asking for additional passport info, then said we’d have documents sent over shortly.

Still had nothing.

Seems a bit up in the air (pun intended)
So did I, the whole thing has been a shambles really. Giving me the fear this we will wait for people line they are using. I need to be back for Thursday morning which is why I booked it. I was told all my details were on by the system when I phoned earlier and would receive an e ticket now folk are saying you just get a ticket when you arrive and there is another form to fill ?? Giving me the fear to be honest

So did I, the whole thing has been a shambles really. Giving me the fear this we will wait for people line they are using. I need to be back for Thursday morning which is why I booked it. I was told all my details were on by the system when I phoned earlier and would receive an e ticket now folk are saying you just get a ticket when you arrive and there is another form to fill ?? Giving me the fear to be honest
Yeah @dh1963 forwarded me an email they sent him (never sent it to me) that has a form you need to print off, fill out and take to the airport to get your boarding pass.

They said to me we’d have passes emailed, but said earlier we collect them at the airport and reiterated how busy it’ll be so get there early.

Yeah @dh1963 forwarded me an email they sent him (never sent it to me) that has a form you need to print off, fill out and take to the airport to get your boarding pass.

They said to me we’d have passes emailed, but said earlier we collect them at the airport and reiterated how busy it’ll be so get there early.
Could you send over the new form to fill out please? The lassie off twitter that chartered her own flight is better organised than this!

This Barrhead Travel malarkey is giving me the fear. On that it states 'please be assured that if the match runs into extra time'. SO What if it goes to pens? What if we win, that's at least another 30mins for presentation. They are not being very specific and no doubt it's intentional.

Hi Guys. Couple of things Ryan air app has a bit on it about uploading covid docs. Assume not required if you have the NHS app with your three jabs. Also when checking in for my flight coming home it’s states the below. Anybody else has this?

Passengers on this booking who are travelling with Non-EU ID documents will be required to print their boarding pass and present it at the check-in desk to have their documents checked and stamped upon arrival at the airport

This Barrhead Travel malarkey is giving me the fear. On that it states 'please be assured that if the match runs into extra time'. SO What if it goes to pens? What if we win, that's at least another 30mins for presentation. They are not being very specific and no doubt it's intentional.
It’s a bit all over the shop. All well and good then saying “we’re flexible” but I doubt they’ll be wanting to hang about hours.

It’s a bit all over the shop. All well and good then saying “we’re flexible” but I doubt they’ll be wanting to hang about hours.
Would they really just shut the plane doors and fly away if there are 40 or 50 fans not there yet?

My mate bought an official flight, supposed to be Glasgow to Seville return, he said he's been told he's now flying back from Malaga.

I have the fear over what some of these independent travel companies, and especially the flights chartered by normal fans, are going to be hit with flight time wise by the Spanish authorities?

Last edited:
My mate bought an official flight, supposed to be Glasgow to Seville return, he said he's been told he's now flying back from Malaga.

I have the fear over what some of these independent travel companies, and especially the flights chartered by normal fans, are going to be hit with by the Spanish authorities?
Does it include a bus to Malaga?

It better!

I have the fear over what some of these independent travel companies, and especially the flights chartered by normal fans, are going to be hit with by the Spanish authorities?
Pretty sure the CTM flights were advertised as returning from Malaga? (Granted some are coming back from Seville) but I'm sure it was all advertised

Pretty sure the CTM flights were advertised as returning from Malaga? (Granted some are coming back from Seville) but I'm sure it was all advertised
These infamous Barrhead Travel flights started out as returning from Malaga with a bus there from Seville after the game.
It changed to Seville with no transfers after we paid it.

To be honest, I wish it was still Malaga even though it takes longer.

On way back I travel from Porto to Bordeaux then onto Edinburgh. Same carrier, RyanAir, start to finish. My worry is the flight from Bordeaux to Edinburgh is 1 hour 5 mins after landing there. Anyone who has flown through there think its doable or am I fucckked?

On way back I travel from Porto to Bordeaux then onto Edinburgh. Same carrier, RyanAir, start to finish. My worry is the flight from Bordeaux to Edinburgh is 1 hour 5 mins after landing there. Anyone who has flown through there think its doable or am I fucckked?

Not done this route (so not gospel) but usually with the likes of RyanAir, EasyJet etc... it's usually the same plane doing your route. If this is the case then you should be fine. Just a pain having to check in again when it is the same plane.

Been told the above by numerous airhostess's when asking the same question.

This Barrhead flight has been a shambles from the start.

I went into the Silverburn store this afternoon to see what was happening with flight itinerary, was told it would be with me for 5pm.

At 3pm I got a a call asking me my next of kin & who my travel insurance was with, even although I filled in this form that was sent on Saturday.

Needless to say I still haven’t had any flight itinerary emailed.

Not done this route (so not gospel) but usually with the likes of RyanAir, EasyJet etc... it's usually the same plane doing your route. If this is the case then you should be fine. Just a pain having to check in again when it is the same plane.

Been told the above by numerous airhostess's when asking the same question.
Thanks, I am shitting it that I miss the connection. If I do, my only option given I have to be home for Friday morning, would be to drive to Paris for a late flight.

There are two flights but my understanding is that the itineraries for both were emailed yesterday. I don’t want to alarm you, but I think you need to get into TBH asap tomorrow.
Thank-you I'll be doing that although there's a recorded message saying they are still working on it just now

Reactions: ald
My cousin just got in touch, they flew to Venice earlier to catch a connection to Seville at 9 local time - trouble is their flight was diverted to Bologna because of thunderstorms over Venice! Currently on a bus to Venice from Bologna due there at midnight, Ryanair have left them completely in the dark. They reckoned the flight was 2/3rds bears

This Barrhead flight has been a shambles from the start.

I went into the Silverburn store this afternoon to see what was happening with flight itinerary, was told it would be with me for 5pm.

At 3pm I got a a call asking me my next of kin & who my travel insurance was with, even although I filled in this form that was sent on Saturday.

Needless to say I still haven’t had any flight itinerary emailed.
I just said the post office for my insurance, my mum deals with that stuff and I don’t even know if I have any.

Last email I got was at 6ish, said the details would be with us tonight at some point and if not I was to email her tomorrow.

Leaving it a bit fucking late as I’m leaving for the airport in about 30 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back