Seville's mayor says Rangers fans helped generate £68 million for their economy

Many thanks to the Mayor, but I am sick and tiered of all the negativity that has been sprouted over the years associated with our club.

FIFA awarding them the best supporters in the world makes me sick, this is just about as bad as them repeating, the first British club to win the European Cup, funny that, because as I see it they are the only British Club that hates our Union Jack, the Queen and our illustrious Military. Don't figure EH!
Especially with the union flag made up with St Andrews Cross, St George's Cross and St Patrick 's Cross. Which are the flags of Scotland, England and Ireland.

Still think UEFA are responsible ultimately. They picked the stadium and are responsible for the venue and all facilities ( or lack thereof) . Still the people of Seville sounded genuinely warm and wonderful.
Blame lies at the top,Of all the wonderful modern stadiums they pick a run down decrepit and unsafe at places one,
Still think there were a few back handers delved out to the officials who were on the committee who’s job it was to make the decision.

"There was absolutely no damage to any of our heritage sites.## I saw pictures claiming there was damage in the Plaza de Espana, for example, but they are undoubtedly fake.## It's a lie to say it was damaged, there was no vandalism.''

I wonder who those pesky fakers could be?

I had a great time in Seville , the guy that owns the apartment that we rented has contacted me and said he loved having the Rangers fans in the city and has offered me the apartment again free of charge next time I go back over
I also left him a Rangers Seville 2022 polo shirt that he said he would wear around the city with pride

Saw at least three before the final all claiming to be spanish.

Rabid 1....A picture of "her" with a black and broken cheekbone. Claiming to be attacked by Rangers fans.
Quickly shown to be a pic of someone kicked by a horse years ago.

Rabid 2...A picture of a wrecked bar by Rangers fans.
Again quickly shown to be a hurricane damaged bar in America!

Rabid 3...A Spanish paramedic, I think saying was attacked whilst helping a child stab victim!
Quick look and showed she was a Tim as well!!

I am sure there were plenty more.

Reports of the Celtc bar in Belmadena being set on fire, walked past it the next day and open as normal, no sign of even a fag burn, didn't go in to check mind.

This is a great piece of PR

Rangers should be tweeting this kind of thing
Nowadays it's all about image and promoting the brand and the fan base is a huge part of that
After all the negative things we have had to put up with ,we should be pushing every positive .

They would make a fortune when they put their pints up to 10 euros a whack just because the Bears were in Town.
The first bar we hit when we came out the train station was charging 10 euros a pint. We knew it was a rip off but had a few anyway. Moved down the street a few hundred yards, drink was less than half the price and food reasonable too.

My only real complaint was been frisked outside the stadium by the Spanish plod...I'd describe it as a sexual assault

The city was a fantastic host with provisions put in place unlike Manchester. I had a great couple days up until I entered the stadium. The fault there lies with UEFA, the Spanish police and Sevilla FC.
Was a bit of a shame our fanzone was so far out, when the Frankfurt one was so central.

"The forecasts before the final were 60 million Euros [£51 million] for the Seville economy. The figures are in now and they are in fact 75 million Euros (£68 million).

"I want to praise the public services, cleaning and transport sections and security in the city last week. Everything worked like clockwork.

"There was absolutely no damage to any of our heritage sites. I saw pictures claiming there was damage in the Plaza de Espana, for example, but they are undoubtedly fake. It's a lie to say it was damaged, there was no vandalism.

"Of course, conditions were not ideal for the Seville population and there is always room for improvements

"But we have received congratulations of hoteliers, commercial leaders and UEFA for the organisation of the final with regard to the city of Seville."
Great to hear this… can’t recall the figure but I am sure the Manchester economy earned a small fortune in 2008 as well.

Many thanks to the Mayor, but I am sick and tiered of all the negativity that has been sprouted over the years associated with our club.

FIFA awarding them the best supporters in the world makes me sick, this is just about as bad as them repeating, the first British club to win the European Cup, funny that, because as I see it they are the only British Club that hates our Union Jack, the Queen and our illustrious Military. Don't figure EH!
They voted themselves for that award!

That's some boost to Seville economy. Does anyone know if Cities actually bid to host the final or how it's awarded. I can see lots of them chasing the Blue Pound now, welcomed with open arms in every City in the world bar our own!

Back