Sfa withdraw disciplinary charge handed to Michael Gardyne

Our player or players said he did use a homophobic term, you really think they reacted like this over a swear word?
Only player we saw going to the officials was Goldson. It's more than possible he thought he heard faggot when it was in fact fanny. The players closest to the incident didn't seem to react at all.

Nobody at Rangers seems to be pursuing it, so it seems likely it was a misunderstanding.

Insufficient evidence!!!!!!
An we get dun for"destroying sandcastles"
Sometimes wonder what planet I'm living on.

What did the referee hear ? was he lying? Shower of corrupt assholes.
Strange that these panels always find Rangers players and staff guilty and have to face charges.
Wonder if gardyne is an rc,of course he is Charges dropped Lots of lies being told somewhere .End of story

Last edited:
First three paragraphs from BBC website story. Don't understand the third par - would the witnesses have been our players?

Michael Gardyne's Scottish FA charge for alleged comments made during Ross County's defeat by Rangers last month has been withdrawn.

The 35-year-old midfielder's hearing in relation to the incident was scheduled to take place on Thursday.

However, witnesses due to give evidence have indicated they do not wish to appear, meaning the case has been dropped.

First three paragraphs from BBC website story. Don't understand the third par - would the witnesses have been our players?

Michael Gardyne's Scottish FA charge for alleged comments made during Ross County's defeat by Rangers last month has been withdrawn.

The 35-year-old midfielder's hearing in relation to the incident was scheduled to take place on Thursday.

However, witnesses due to give evidence have indicated they do not wish to appear, meaning the case has been dropped.

I would say at least some of them are and they aren’t wanting to appear because they’ve now realised they misheard what Gardyne said.

cZwfRmm.gif

This incident is nothing more than a storm in a tea cup imo.

However, the incidents that do require investigation that doesn’t even get any notice is outrageously double standards by the SFA/SPFL. Dubai being one of these incidents / occurrences. Browns extremely regular off the ball elbows being another.

I'd have been more shocked if he didn't get off to be honest. It's going to take a long time for these corrupt scum bastards to be removed.

Does anyone know where we can see the clip of the incident?

You can normally hear what the players are saying quite well on the SPFL highlights on youtube but they didn't include the incident.

Gardyne was laughing and joking with one of our players at the end. I don't think there was anything much in it IMHO.

No idea what was said or not said or misheard or whatever, but to throw it out because witnesses don't want to appear is laughable. Make them appear.

It was due to witnesses not wishing to attend the hearing. Our players don’t want to be part of any media circus.

It was due to witnesses not wishing to attend the hearing. Our players don’t want to be part of any media circus.
This sounds like the crux of the matter. If the ref heard him and reported him then that is enough in any other offence in football. Why do they have to bring others in?

Joke of an organisation.

People need to remove their tinfoil hats and give it a rest with this corruption patter for everything concerned with Rangers that they believe didn't go exactly our way.
None of our players really complained too much, no one has came out quoted exactly what was said. its all hearsay and conjecture and you cannot charge someone on that. If any of our players heard exactly was said and if it was indeed homophobic, they would have appeared at the hearing.

This sounds like the crux of the matter. If the ref heard him and reported him then that is enough in any other offence in football. Why do they have to bring others in?

Joke of an organisation.
The ref didn’t report him, he got booked for using foul and abusive language at the time but the ref didn’t hear the alleged slur.

Take a step back from this.

It's his word against a few of our players. There appears to be no audible evidence.

Not much else the SFA can do.
Correct, but I'm sure the boss asks referee did you hear that ??!! I'm no lip reader....But I read that !

Then why was he booked?
He's clearly said something that the referee felt merited a caution.

As for saying something worthy of further information...unless it's picked up by microphones at the side of the pitch I'm not entirely sure what else can be done in this instance.

Back