SG given no credit at all

Bear all

Steven Gerrard has been given no credit at all I know we have had up and downs but to be two points behind them and fighting a European front as well we are so much in a positive place than we have been in for years.SG has had only one transfer window as well yet we kept getting told how Rodgers is the master if we are doing so badly they must be doing as equally bad ,but you wont hear that.Anyway winning our next two games and getting above them will be a statement in itself regardless if the Dhims in the media acknowledge it or not,as I said we are heading the right direction.

I wouldn't say it's fair to say he's been given no credit at all.

Everyone on here credits him with our European journey so far this season.

The league form has generally been a bit mixed, we are still in touch though and lets hope a couple of key additions in January allows us to kick on.

Just think, bar two ridiculous late goals vs Aberdeen and Motherwell we'd be sitting pretty!

If you mean the mhedia, then we are used to that. Walter took us to the UEFA Cup Final and got %^*& all recognition for it!

He is being given credit by the people that matter.......us.
Not for league showings!
I’d grown weary reading selected stats telling us we weren’t much better than previous seasons under Caixinha and Murty and if it weren’t for Europe he’d be under severe pressure.

He has been judged on the reality of the situation I think....he is to a large extent the figurehead and doesn't do the coaching and tactics, certainly not on his own. There have been mistakes, and some huge successes.

Beat the mentally challengeds its that simple!
Scum jounos will never move the yard stick in this Country.
Get the monkey off our back and watch em turn a victory into a bad ceptic performance.
Look what happens when we score seven goals ffs.

Last edited:
Not for league showings!
I’d grown weary reading selected stats telling us we weren’t much better than previous seasons under Caixinha and Murty and if it weren’t for Europe he’d be under severe pressure.
I would argue that without the Euro games our league results would have been slightly better given the Thursday-Sunday fixture schedule.
However would not have missed the Euro run for a few more points at this stage.
Plenty of time to get into our league rhythm and get some valuable points won.

Steven Gerrard has been given no credit at all I know we have had up and downs but to be two points behind them and fighting a European front as well we are so much in a positive place than we have been in for years.SG has had only one transfer window as well yet we kept getting told how Rodgers is the master if we are doing so badly they must be doing as equally bad ,but you wont hear that.Anyway winning our next two games and getting above them will be a statement in itself regardless if the Dhims in the media acknowledge it or not,as I said we are heading the right direction.
Who do you want credit from like??? Us the fans love him the players adore him thats all he needs

I think he's been given the credit he deserves for Europe, no?

Domestically he's done nothing yet, without wanting to sound too harsh.
Yes I suppose your right but domestically just now we are right behind that mob yet we keep being told how good they are,they aren't or they would be miles in front of us.

It’s the ‘chip on the shoulder’ country we live in. Full of haters.

The Superior type are always hate targets. We will remain superior. They will remain low life cretins.
Can you imagine the meltdown when we regain the footballing crown :cool::p

I wake up every morning and thank god im not 1 of them!

No one likes us, we don’t care!

He's put together a side from scratch, prioritised Europe in the early part of the season and given the club back some pride on that front. He has found out, as others have before him, that the Scottish Premier League isn't the cakewalk that lots of naysayers would have people believe. To fight on three fronts (incl. League Cup) with a squad of guys who are relatively inexperienced when it comes to playing with the demands that Rangers brings, I reckon that he is doing a good job so far. The cup semi was a bad reverse and they have managed to chip away five points to Spartak in the EL which will undoubtedly hurt. But in a month's time, if we are in the last 32 of Europe and still within four points in the league, everyone to a man, surely, has got to be pleased.

All except the yahoos and their lickspittles in the media that is.

In Stevie We Trust.

Where did I say I wanted any credit bestowed on him just pointing out how close we are to them yet some so called experts are saying we are no further forward .
Sorry i meant who...............yeah i agree actually not a lot yet but it will come people will be pissing their pants specially the one who were giving it he has no experience etc good times ahead mate sit back and watch

Yes I suppose your right but domestically just now we are right behind that mob yet we keep being told how good they are,they aren't or they would be miles in front of us.

It's only November though. 12 games into a 38 game season. If we don't beat Livi in 2 weeks we'll be back to talking about Pedro and Warburton. We still don't seem to have learned not to get ahead of ourselves.

The truth is that their players are a level or 2 above. That's not to say we can't or won't challenge them, but to do that we need to firstly take care of our own business against other teams and secondly, at some point we're going to have to beat them. We haven't laid a glove on them for over 2 years.

I love Gerrard and I've got a good feeling about where we're going under him, but demanding credit for not being out of the title race in November is a bit much!

Last edited:
You can just hear the tumbleweed such will be the silence if that happens. They don't want to admit or accept the fact that we are back big time,they know fine well we're in the mix. I don't think for a minute Stevie will be bothering with that rubbish,far too much class for that. Given he's only had one window it is remarkable the turnaround. I'm glad they're ignorant because when we lift that title,it'll be all the more sweeter.

If a " rookie Manager" at Celtc went 11 games unbeaten in Europe and was only 2 points behind the current leaders, the mhedia reaction would be very different to what Gerrard is receiving. The term " the best young manager in Europe " wouldn't be far away from the headlines either.

The supporters are on side that’s all that matters don’t want the Scottish mhedia to give him any praise they,re constantly showing themselves up for the pathetic bunch of chancers that they are when we get 55 just watch them disintegrate

For a lot of people in this country it's a reflex action to talk us down in every situation. It's bred into them. We could win the league and the Europa League and we'd have somehow cheated our way there.

If this had been Nonce FC, the media would be singing his praises from the roof-tops, complementing him on his success in Europe.

They do not want Steven Gerrard at Ibrox, he poses a serious threat to that lot.

Have you been living on the moon? Gerrard doesn't even get credit on this site never mind the Scottish press...
FFS, last week some were wanting him out of the club.... The lunatics are running the asylum.

The meejha in Scotland won't ever give us credit whatever we achieve- there's nothing new in that - just ask any previous manager

That said it's still early days & how we develop in the next couple of months will be a more valid test

But it's maybe worth remembering though - the media in England won't be as biased against SG & us as their Scot's counterparts -

That may count against us though - because I can imagine there are more than a few clubs in England already coveting SG

So if we steadily improve - without fuss or fanfare & no credit is ever given - then that will suit me fine

The European achievement is lost on many of our supporters as well.

Forget what we used to expect from Rangers in Europe, this years adventure has been outstanding. I wanted to progress through at least 2 ties to prove that there was some progression but to qualify for the group stages and then compete against some potentially CL level teams makes me burst with pride. Home and away we have pushed every team until the last second and tested them thoroughly.

Domestically we need to win a couple of the bigger games to get a true sense of belief and momentum built but we are heading in the right direction and if it wasn't for our dropped points early in the season we would be top of the league right now.

They (their fans and mhedia specifically) told us that we were light years behind them and when that is proven that may not be the case they go awfully quiet, or some even claim Gerrard needs to get out quick whilst his reputation is still intact.

Most fans with a true grasp of the game can see already what has been done and excited for where we are heading under Gerrard.

Peace Process Provan is already urging him to quit.

I suppose you could take that as some yahooesque backhanded compliment.
The same Provan who said we should have stuck with Ashley,yea that idiot!
I`d listen to some old jake-ball down the local boozer,before I ever listened to that turd for
brains Provo,he`s a a poisonous cvnt!

Let them continue to hype up the great unwashed-meanwhile we’ll carry on flying under the radar towards 55.

Reactions: WBD
I wouldn't say it's fair to say he's been given no credit at all.

Everyone on here credits him with our European journey so far this season.

The league form has generally been a bit mixed, we are still in touch though and lets hope a couple of key additions in January allows us to kick on.

Just think, bar two ridiculous late goals vs Aberdeen and Motherwell we'd be sitting pretty!

If you mean the mhedia, then we are used to that. Walter took us to the UEFA Cup Final and got %^*& all recognition for it!

We should have beaten aberdeen, we deserved no more than a draw v motherwell

We should have beaten aberdeen, we deserved no more than a draw v motherwell
Whether deserved or not, we had one corner to defend, we opted to make a defensive substitution just before this corner and we conceded.

We might not have played well but we should absolutely have taken 3 points.

He has been judged on the reality of the situation I think....he is to a large extent the figurehead and doesn't do the coaching and tactics, certainly not on his own. There have been mistakes, and some huge successes.

What is your point re the highlighted part? No manager in the planet at the top level nowadays has hands on control over everything. Even Mikel Arteta plays a huge part in coaching at Man City!

Back