SG given no credit at all

Steven Gerrard has been given no credit at all I know we have had up and downs but to be two points behind them and fighting a European front as well we are so much in a positive place than we have been in for years.SG has had only one transfer window as well yet we kept getting told how Rodgers is the master if we are doing so badly they must be doing as equally bad ,but you wont hear that.Anyway winning our next two games and getting above them will be a statement in itself regardless if the Dhims in the media acknowledge it or not,as I said we are heading the right direction.
And the mentalists on here are still not happy!

He's got credit but as soon as it's not 1-0 Or as soon as the opposition get a shot people want substituions rapid as if it's a computer game

I would argue that without the Euro games our league results would have been slightly better given the Thursday-Sunday fixture schedule.
However would not have missed the Euro run for a few more points at this stage.
Plenty of time to get into our league rhythm and get some valuable points won.
This.
Anyone who cannot work this out for themselves needs to begin again at understanding football.
When you factor in that we have managed to do this and stay in touch with The FIlth it has been a great achievement.
When you also factor in that it has also been done with a new and fairly young squad of players then the achievement becomes multiplied.

The simple comparison, of course, is with The Filth themselves, we are managing to keep more or less abreast of Rodgers team, despite the fact that he has all the advantages of years of unchallenged CL money and a squad that has been built without disruption for the best part of a decade whilst Rangers lost an entire UEFA Cup Finalist squad and have had to scrap and fight their way back up from the depths of Scottish football, being kicked and undermined the entire journey through naked hatred most of it generated by sectarianism.

None of the above will ever be admitted and recognised by the Scottish press because they themselves were the generators of much of that sectarian hatred.

He's done well in Europe and not that well domestically. He got loads of credit when we qualified for the group stage. He has improved the team - but probably not to the extent you would expect given the money he's had to spend compared to the teams around us.

There is a fag paper between us, Hearts, Killie and Aberdeen in terms of points on the board. I don't know what kind of credit the OP expects him to be getting given that situation.

Don't understand the desperate rush to acclaim the guy a genius when we are basically one third of the way through the season. He needs time, the team need time, and we all need time to judge him.

Where did I say I wanted any credit bestowed on him just pointing out how close we are to them yet some so called experts are saying we are no further forward .

They've had a relatively poor start to their season though. If they had won every game and we were two or three points behindthen fair enough but that's not the case. Like ourselves the focus on Europe from June to now has meant that the league takes a bit of a back seat for them and domestic results take a hit.

We dont need praise from what can only be described as a total embarrassing attempt at journalism. Praise begins at home and fekk the rest

This.
Anyone who cannot work this out for themselves needs to begin again at understanding football.
When you factor in that we have managed to do this and stay in touch with The FIlth it has been a great achievement.
When you also factor in that it has also been done with a new and fairly young squad of players then the achievement becomes multiplied.

The simple comparison, of course, is with The Filth themselves, we are managing to keep more or less abreast of Rodgers team, despite the fact that he has all the advantages of years of unchallenged CL money and a squad that has been built without disruption for the best part of a decade whilst Rangers lost an entire UEFA Cup Finalist squad and have had to scrap and fight their way back up from the depths of Scottish football, being kicked and undermined the entire journey through naked hatred most of it generated by sectarianism.

None of the above will ever be admitted and recognised by the Scottish press because they themselves were the generators of much of that sectarian hatred.
Well said that's the angle I was coming from.

He's done well in Europe and not that well domestically. He got loads of credit when we qualified for the group stage. He has improved the team - but probably not to the extent you would expect given the money he's had to spend compared to the teams around us.

There is a fag paper between us, Hearts, Killie and Aberdeen in terms of points on the board. I don't know what kind of credit the OP expects him to be getting given that situation.

Don't understand the desperate rush to acclaim the guy a genius when we are basically one third of the way through the season. He needs time, the team need time, and we all need time to judge him.

Like every other Rangers Manager he will, ultimately, be judged in comparison to the Dhims and not the also-rans. We are currently 2 points behind them - having lost at the DhimDome - so, in that context, he's doing fine. Could we be doing/have done better? Of course we could, silly points thrown away in games we should have won. I'm sure the Dhims will be saying similar. In the end though, it's finishing ahead of the Dhims that will matter. December will be crucial.

He won't care he will get all the credit he needs when 55 is bagged and down south will be calling him a successful manager and wait to the desperate down south start chucking in big money offers.

It's only November though. 12 games into a 38 game season. If we don't beat Livi in 2 weeks we'll be back to talking about Pedro and Warburton. We still don't seem to have learned not to get ahead of ourselves.

The truth is that their players are a level or 2 above. That's not to say we can't or won't challenge them, but to do that we need to firstly take care of our own business against other teams and secondly, at some point we're going to have to beat them. We haven't laid a glove on them for over 2 years.

I love Gerrard and I've got a good feeling about where we're going under him, but demanding credit for not being out of the title race in November is a bit much!
Spot on TN8 couldn't have put it better myself.
However would add that there has been a massive improvement in quality throughout the whole squad which has been evident and without which we wouldn't be in Europe nor up two points off top of the league. Very long season, plenty highs and lows no doubt and hopefully we shall prevail but if not we will be much much closer than previous couple of seasons that's for sure. All going to plan I'd say we'll be the dominant team next year or the one after.

Maybe I have worded this wrong the way I see it is we are matching them in the League and are in Europe like them also but all the media up here only have negativity towards SG worst start in so many years etc ,the credit will be to ram their words back down their throats.

Not for league showings!
I’d grown weary reading selected stats telling us we weren’t much better than previous seasons under Caixinha and Murty and if it weren’t for Europe he’d be under severe pressure.
This has pissed me off mate.. Some guy posted the other day stats about his start compared to Pedro.. It was a like what the fu*k is your point caller, f*ck off back to the fuddleboard where you are being missed.

Other than a few poor sub choices early on, he's had plenty credit from me.

Overall, pleased, very pleased with progress.

Have you been living on the moon? Gerrard doesn't even get credit on this site never mind the Scottish press...
FFS, last week some were wanting him out of the club.... The lunatics are running the asylum.
Can you show me one poster on Follow Follow that wanted Gerrard out of Rangers because i can't remember reading one post stating that.

Can you show me one poster on Follow Follow that wanted Gerrard out of Rangers because i can't remember reading one post stating that.
Do you go online FF with live games? Some of the stuff on there is crazy.

Steven Gerrard has been given no credit at all I know we have had up and downs but to be two points behind them and fighting a European front as well we are so much in a positive place than we have been in for years.SG has had only one transfer window as well yet we kept getting told how Rodgers is the master if we are doing so badly they must be doing as equally bad ,but you wont hear that.Anyway winning our next two games and getting above them will be a statement in itself regardless if the Dhims in the media acknowledge it or not,as I said we are heading the right direction.

Domestically, what should the manager be getting credit for?

The European achievement is lost on many of our supporters as well.

Forget what we used to expect from Rangers in Europe, this years adventure has been outstanding. I wanted to progress through at least 2 ties to prove that there was some progression but to qualify for the group stages and then compete against some potentially CL level teams makes me burst with pride. Home and away we have pushed every team until the last second and tested them thoroughly.

Domestically we need to win a couple of the bigger games to get a true sense of belief and momentum built but we are heading in the right direction and if it wasn't for our dropped points early in the season we would be top of the league right now.

They (their fans and mhedia specifically) told us that we were light years behind them and when that is proven that may not be the case they go awfully quiet, or some even claim Gerrard needs to get out quick whilst his reputation is still intact.

Most fans with a true grasp of the game can see already what has been done and excited for where we are heading under Gerrard.
Great words mate,think lots of bears just expect to much too soon!at the moment I wouldn't care if we failed to get out the group stage in Europe I'd be disappointed yes but,would rather get stronger domestically,and Chase them all the way!

Our MSM are having a hard time criticising Gerrard for one reason, he plays them like a fiddle.
He knows when they're laying a trap for him to fall into but he's probably even more media savvy than they are!
He's always courteous to the press but at the same time doesn't take any shit.
I might be wrong but I can sense that they realise they're working with the "real deal" here and there's a grudging admiration coming to the fore.

There will have one guy, in particular, who is unlikely that be even remotely upset that Steven Gerrard is given no credit by journalists, for what he has achieved. We suspect that most on this forum will know that I am referring to SG.

And a lot on here after the sheep game at hampden , and killie game said he didn’t have a clue , no better than Pedro and some even wanted him to go .
Mental that is FF

There will have one guy, in particular, who is unlikely that be even remotely upset that Steven Gerrard is given no credit by journalists, for what he has achieved. We suspect that most on this forum will know that I am referring to SG.

It could be typos, but I ain't getting the gist of your post here.

PS, our manager has exceeded all of our expectations in Europe, but to be talking about what he has achieved is taking it a wee bit too far.

If Europe comes crashing down over the next few weeks we'll still be thanking the squad for the memories, especially given the absolute abyss of last season.

He is going to be, and should be judged on how we do domestically.

Domestically, what should the manager be getting credit for?
As I said earlier maybe credit was the wrong choice of words ,you sound as if you are not happy with the manager being 2pts off the Scum and a chance to go top in the next two game yes please or do you disagree.

Last edited:
It could be typos, but I ain't getting the gist of your post here.

PS, our manager has exceeded all of our expectations in Europe, but to be talking about what he has achieved is taking it a wee bit too far.

If Europe comes crashing down over the next few weeks we'll still be thanking the squad for the memories, especially given the absolute abyss of last season.

He is going to be, and should be judged on how we do domestically.
Sorry if I was ambiguous. What I was trying to say was that SG is the last person to care what Scottish football journalists think or say about what he has achieved since he took over. Instead he is the type of guy who will assess his own achievement and will be well aware that the great bulk of the Rangers supporters are very pleased with our progress.
So, I guess that we are singing from the same song sheet.

Back