Shankland rumour

imvaison

Not keen on giving any decent amount of cash to Dundee Hivs but if we could get Shankland on loan with an option to buy we could test out whether he’s worth decent money at the top level (say £1.5m).

Trueblueal

Not keen on giving any decent amount of cash to Dundee Hivs but if we could get Shankland on loan with an option to buy we could test out whether he’s worth decent money at the top level (say £1.5m).
Mate there's a massive thread about two strikers signing for £9m plus add ons. Shankland is not coming here this year

Disco Deejay

Yes, so Nicky Clark has scored in the championship
I never said that he hadn't scored in the Championship.

If you scroll up the page you will see I said "His record in Division 1 with QOTS - what is now the Championship - was 0 goals in 30 games."

A panic buy? Not with 7 or 8 weeks of the window left.

As for bad business being "the usual with us" - remind me how much we paid for Alfie v what he's potentially going for?

What about Hagi? Balogun? Barisic? Katic? Tav? Jack? Kamara? Do they represent bad business?

Even Kent, our largest outlay for decades, is not bad business.

I think you need to cut back on the hyperbole.
You wouldnt get your money back for Kent.
There s no bids going in for the players you mentioned and the last time i looked morelos was still here.
Morelos will be a one off , at the moment.
Have you forgot the bad business of pena, grezda, barker, hastie, jones, etc
Obviously with Ross Wilson there, i expect the bad business side to reduce.
You cannot deny that the amount of bad business that has been carried out from managers to players appointments.

Macca

Official Ticketer
There s no bids going in for the players you mentioned and the last time i looked morelos was still here.
You cannot deny that the amount of bad business that has been carried out from managers to players appointments.
Whaaat a lot of horse dung, yes there have been some poor signings but the book value of each and every one of our starting 11 with exception of greegs has risen

fergie1959

Aye. Right.

TinyRick

You're at it.

Good day, sir.

Morelos20

He's a more mobile Boyd who scores less goals, I'm glad our ambition seems to be higher than him tbh.

We should've have signed him a few years back and be cashing in on him now.

TinyRick

He's a more mobile Boyd who scores less goals, I'm glad our ambition seems to be higher than him tbh.

We should've have signed him a few years back and be cashing in on him now.
I don't think we should have signed him at all. He's not good enough for where we are aiming.

SmileyBear

you mean we surely?

temperance

Absolute rocket.

I hope for your own sake this is fishing. Absolute dung!

Zizou

All the people saying ‘aye take him as back up’ etc can finally just admit first he isn’t good enough and we are aiming much much higher.
Said from the start of window we won’t be in for dykes,shankland,Ferguson or whoever because we are after QUALITY.
Gaffer said as much but still have people going on about bang average spfl players.

RFC_Champions

Shankland, Dykes, Ferguson..... any of them signed yet?

Not seen many of their fanboys banging the drum for them lately.....

Gers4life

We could maybe bring him in to boost the youth team’s chances in the Challenge Cup if it’s happening this season

Jb85

If we lose any of our Scottish players we need to replace them with Scottish players for the home grown rule for Europe. Not saying sign him but we’ll need to get someone.

Cooperfan

Pretty sure this rumour has died a death today. Even if we lose Alfie, and I am reluctant/sad to, we have three strikers all far in excess of Shankland to choose from.

change consent