Sheep to lose 8 players - Game vs St Johnstone Now Off

it’s what we all managed to do for 2-3 months. These guys are professional athletes and they should do what is required to minimise the risk

So what? They need to stay in forever just so they can entertain the public whilst their mental health takes a battering?

They might be professional footballers but apart from Old Firm players, there will be very few other footballers in Scotland on big money. There will be professionals in the private sector up and down the country earning more money than the majority of SPFL footballers.

So what? They need to stay in forever just so they can entertain the public whilst their mental health takes a battering?

They might be professional footballers but apart from Old Firm players, there will be very few other footballers in Scotland on big money. There will be professionals in the private sector up and down the country earning more money than the majority of SPFL footballers.
Part of them getting to play is they are in a social bubble. It’s either that or they don’t play. And now they’re not playing because they broke that bubble. Oh well.

I think that’s a little dramatic. If there is no football then they don’t have a job so it’s in their interests to stick to the rules.
As for the mental health that’s something that might affect some and not others. It’s not as if they aren’t allowed out. They can still go out for walks , play golf, ride a bike etc just not go to crowded bars, shops and restaurants

Part of them getting to play is they are in a social bubble. It’s either that or they don’t play. And now they’re not playing because they broke that bubble. Oh well.
I dont see why Aberdeen shouldnt have used the rest of their squad to fulfill the fixture. St Johnstone now have a game postponed and will face, in theory, a stronger opposition when the game is eventually played.

I cant see this season being completed, it has all the potential to be a total clusterfeck before the end even of 2020. We need to make sure we play our games, a couple postponements for the Tims would be good, and see us hopefully top of the league when the football grinds to a halt again.

I dont see why Aberdeen shouldnt have used the rest of their squad to fulfill the fixture. St Johnstone now have a game postponed and will face, in theory, a stronger opposition when the game is eventually played.

I cant see this season being completed, it has all the potential to be a total clusterfeck before the end even of 2020. We need to make sure we play our games, a couple postponements for the Tims would be good, and see us hopefully top of the league when the football grinds to a halt again.
It wasn’t them that postponed the game. Nippy waded in and didn’t want players traveling when there was the potential they had come in to contact with the infected players.

Incredible that people genuinely believe that football players should wake up, potter about the house, go to training, go straight home, potter about then go to bed. No interactions with anyone other than their household. Get food delivered. If they stay on their own, tough, you ain't seeing anyone other than your teammates.
Most of us did that during lockdown. I didn’t get the irresistible urge to go to a nightclub.
If they want to play football, these are the rules. They’re welcome to give it up if they don’t like it.

Two of them tested positive after being out. The rest were told to isolate as they were out with them. It doesn’t need to go to a court of law... the fact they ignored the rules given to them and the result is this is all that matters.

I would hope every other clubs players would adhere to the rules and guidelines meaning punishments wouldn’t be necessary.

The Aberdeen players should be punished internally without a doubt. What happens to the club I’m not sure.

The club being punished is a tricky one if they have done everything within their powers. Likewise the players getting fined may go beyond any legal punishment for the same offence which would be awkward but it’s hard to escape the conclusion that they should be hammered. They have wilfully broken the rules that were agreed to in order to get our game back on its feet and get TV money through the door for example. It’s not a case of one of their wives catching it in Tesco. 8 of them were sitting in a crowded pub. If your work tells you there are rules to adhere to in or out the workplace and you agree to them and then break them you need punished. I’m amazed there is any sympathy on here for them.

A 3-0 to SJ is a sensible conclusion. Aberdeen did not ask for games to be postponed so under normal rules the game would go ahead but as it’s a pandemic so different rules should apply and if so many players are caught out the club itself needs quarantined and punishment dished out.

What’s clear above all is yet again the SPFL and SFA have been caught short by not covering off this situation with clarified rules and had to be instructed by the Scottish Govt. to postpone this initial match and the rest of us are guessing and arguing about what the punishment should be for a scenario that was entirely predictable.

They’ve surely set their own precedent here by cancelling the game this weekend. They can’t then force Aberdeen to play with the same players missing against Celtic.
It's a complete set up for sure.
But Aberdeen and their players will have had 2 or 3 further rounds of testing before they face Celtic.

So unless these 6 players or any others test positive then their is "no risk of spreading it around the country" as sturgeon put it.

Of course, that opens up the question as to why they are still in quarantine at that point.

But its what will be trotted out.

So Hamilton and Celtic benefit from this big time while the rest of the league will play Aberdeen at full strength. Sporting integrity?

Are any of the Aberdeen player actually unwell ?
I don't think that's the point.
Grampian has apparently been hit hard.
Should they pass it on to a handful of Hamilton players, who pass it directly or indirectly to their Granny, and old people in the Hamilton and Glasgow area start falling like domino's.

The legitimacy of allowing football to carry on could be questioned.

I think that’s a little dramatic. If there is no football then they don’t have a job so it’s in their interests to stick to the rules.
As for the mental health that’s something that might affect some and not others. It’s not as if they aren’t allowed out. They can still go out for walks , play golf, ride a bike etc just not go to crowded bars, shops and restaurants

Can you show me the specific guidance which states footballers aren't allowed to do any of these things?

I’m surprised Aberdeen are getting some sympathy, the fact remains they were told to be ultra careful, wee Nazi Nic has said they blatantly broke the rules, it’s crazy comparing them to the average Joe too, it’s simply a comparison that can’t be made.

For 8 of them to go to a crowded boozer is idiotic beyond belief, they deserve every condemnation being thrown at them.

Having been in Spain myself in the last few weeks I’d say you are far more likely to catch the virus here in Scotland than in Spain, they are far stricter on mask wearing and hygiene in bars, restaurants and shops than we are ard the Spanish themselves seem to be adhering to the rules unlike what I see in Scotland.
that maybe but what about the holiday makers themselves especially on the plane i reckon theres a fair chance of catching it at the airport etc..

I seen one of the replies saying they should be charged with attempted murder. Whoever posted that should be put on the first train to carstairs

Over the top nonsence as has been this whole affair from the beginning. What's the betting a lot of the curtain twitchers emptied the shops. Then onto twitter to moralise everybody else on their behaviour.

At least the body collector with the horse and cart is back in business.

Apology to the First Minister, ffs, what a bunch of wankers, stupid ones at that.

Where is junky racist thumbheads statement and apology?

Those Aberdeen players will be on north of £100k per year. That's enough money to expect they stay out of pubs at a time their city is seeing a covid surge.

I’m surprised Aberdeen are getting some sympathy, the fact remains they were told to be ultra careful, wee Nazi Nic has said they blatantly broke the rules, it’s crazy comparing them to the average Joe too, it’s simply a comparison that can’t be made.

For 8 of them to go to a crowded boozer is idiotic beyond belief, they deserve every condemnation being thrown at them.
Herr sturgeon can say all she wants, and she can f**k right off. Aberdeen were an easy target for her playing politics. Under no circumstances would she have ripped into Celtic if it was them. She wouldn't dare

Herr sturgeon can say all she wants, and she can f**k right off. Aberdeen were an easy target for her playing politics. Under no circumstances would she have ripped into Celtic if it was them. She wouldn't dare

It’s not the issue, of course it was convenient and perfect timing for her, it doesn’t escape the fact that the Aberdeen players were idiotic.

Take the blinkers off, mate. We’re in a pandemic and people are dying or getting seriously ill. I’m pretty sure she would deal with any club the same.

So are you saying the only reason she has done this is to help Celtic? Here’s a wee thought, if the Aberdeen players didn’t go out this thread wouldn’t exist and Nippy wouldn’t even be having to react like she has. As much as I can’t stand her I would be extremely surprised if she didn’t do the same for them.

Imagine it happening to us just before the DhimDome? Doesn’t bear thinking about.
No deaths from COVID-19 for 23 days in Scotland and only 16 in the last week in the whole of the uk,on any average day in the uk there is about 1600 deaths I am I the only person in the uk that thinks these measures are totally disproportionate?

Take the blinkers off, mate. We’re in a pandemic and people are dying or getting seriously ill. I’m pretty sure she would deal with any club the same.
Sorry mate, but maybe you should take the blinkers off. If you think for a minute she would have held her daily sturgeon and ripped into them the same way, then your being naive.

She plays politics and no way would she say anything to upset them. She might have said something, but it wouldn't have been so scathing.

No deaths from COVID-19 for 23 days in Scotland and only 16 in the last week in the whole of the uk,on any average day in the uk there is about 1600 deaths I am I the only person in the uk that thinks these measures are totally disproportionate?

I note you focus solely on deaths. The Aberdeen outbreak has so far found links to 110 new cases. The vast, vast majority will come out the other end unscathed, which is great. What's not so great is if its one of your loved ones who doesn't.

So are you saying the only reason she has done this is to help Celtic? Here’s a wee thought, if the Aberdeen players didn’t go out this thread wouldn’t exist and Nippy wouldn’t even be having to react like she has. As much as I can’t stand her I would be extremely surprised if she didn’t do the same

I didn't say she done it to help celtic, I'm saying shes forever playing politics and no way she would have used the same tone.

To do with her votes, not necessarily football.
So are you saying the only reason she has done this is to help Celtic? Here’s a wee thought, if the Aberdeen players didn’t go out this thread wouldn’t exist and Nippy wouldn’t even be having to react like she has. As much as I can’t stand her I would be extremely surprised if she didn’t do the same for them.
Do you honestly believe she'd rip into them the same way. Under no circumstances would that woman risk her votes by ripping them one.

She would have said something that wouldn't have been so scathing. She is a political robot and even if she did want to, her advisors wouldn't allow it.

I never said she done it to help them, she just wouldn't have used the same tone.

If anything mate I think she be worse with them. They have a far wider audience than Aberdeen and more eyes on them. She’s a political robot because she’s.....a politician.

If anything mate I think she be worse with them. They have a far wider audience than Aberdeen and more eyes on them. She’s a political robot because she’s.....a politician.
Ok, neil lennon hit by a coin, statement in the council building. Morelos, tav all quiet.

Please explain the difference in her tactics.

Ok, neil lennon hit by a coin, statement in the council building. Morelos, tav all quiet.

Please explain the difference in her tactics.
Being hit with a missile is wrong and should be condemned nobody is arguing with that. But you’re accusing her of something she hasn’t done yet (letting them off lightly) in a global pandemic.

Being hit with a missile is wrong and should be condemned nobody is arguing with that. But you’re accusing her of something she hasn’t done yet (letting them off lightly) in a global pandemic.
That's just the way I think her party works. They're very quiet on other developments regarding them and if she proves me wrong and one day strongly condemns them, then I will apologise for getting it wrong.

The aberdeen players made a backside of it, but theres hardly a need for any lynch mobs.

The thread is full of ''they broke the rules'' shouts, I'm just asking to see what rules they broke?

unless someone knows a sheep player personally how do you expect anyone to answer this? using common sense, you'd imagine people in certain professions will be advised to avoid certain places.

The players said they did not "deliberately attempt to flaunt or disobey government guidelines...we now recognise our group of eight exceeded the number of households permitted to meet up“.

They are taking the piss.

Back