Sheyi Ojo to sign five-year deal at Liverpool before joining Rangers on loan

Tav could also be an absolute nightmare to replace @Growler .

His goals and incredible assists stats aside, the fact that he is always available for selection, never injured or suspended, will make him a seriously hard act to follow.
Tav will/would be a bigger loss to the 'team' than Morelos IMO. Will be gutted to see him leave but know fully that our finances dictate a potential transfer.

The 'model' was always about turning in big profits on players where we have the opportunity to do so. Morelos and Tav are classic examples. At some point in the future Kamara could be another one.

Loans rarely work out, aside from the odd exception like Kent .

I hope we are not in for another close season of speculation about which players we are loaning from Liverpool in order to increase their value for them for Liverpool to cash in .

Sign our own players and develop them or play our own youngsters and develop them to sell .

Of course it’s that easy, that’s why every club in the land is bearing fruit and making profit from selling their own home-made stars.

That's the bottom line.

We HAVE to win trophies next season. No two ways about it - and the league has to be one of them.

So we go out and spend money we don't have? Not possible. We need good, sensible signings. We aren't in a position to spend money that will 'guarantee' a trophy.

Tav could also be an absolute nightmare to replace @Growler .

His goals and incredible assists stats aside, the fact that he is always available for selection, never injured or suspended, will make him a seriously hard act to follow.
Discussing this last night and I totally agree.
I keep my argument to his assists though, they’re impressive enough and I’d still expect us to score 90% of our penalties.
I can’t see a full back in Britain, maybe outwith TTA and Walker, not even Rugier or Azpicuelta (forgive my spelling here) that I’d hang my hat on giving us the assists that Tavernier gives us.
For me, Tavernier could easily be a EPL top six player.

I’ll probably have people disagree with me here but I don’t mind taking this boy on loan if we can get Kent in on a permanent deal. This is the only concern I had when Gerrard came in was us turning into a feeder club for Liverpool. I know money is dictating our situation at the moment but I’ve no sentiment whatsoever for Liverpool. In fact I hate them but that’s just my personal opinion. I also don’t like the idea of to many loanees. I want us to benefit. Not Liverpool

I disagree mate.
We have Defoe and we looked a far better outfit. Kent saved his best for the poets, which was great but in terms of contribution over the course of a season I reckon Murphy will offer more.
Like and don’t like in equal measure.
I did say that we looked a better team without two of our three best players but, whilst I’d accept Defoe could replace Morelos to a high degree, I can’t agree that Murphy could replace Kent.
For one thing, the mankies don’t have the fear of Murphy that they have of Kent.

I’ll probably have people disagree with me here but I don’t mind taking this boy on loan if we can get Kent in on a permanent deal. This is the only concern I had when Gerrard came in was us turning into a feeder club for Liverpool. I know money is dictating our situation at the moment but I’ve no sentiment whatsoever for Liverpool. In fact I hate them but that’s just my personal opinion. I also don’t like the idea of to many loanees. I want us to benefit. Not Liverpool
Would winning the league be an acceptable benefit?

If we are being used to help this lad along for Liverpool's gain and we aren't getting Kent back then I'm against this btw regardless if he's any good for not.

Haha. ‘I don’t care if this lad can help win the league, if it helps Liverpool then %^*& it, just like the paedos get 9 in a row’

That’s essentially what you’re saying. Is it something in the water recently that’s made people lose the capability for rational thought?

Wasn't great in the Championship but then didn't fail again in France at the back of that.

My point is we know what Kent gives us now.

Who would you rather have next season?

If it's a straight choice between the two then I'd rather have Kent as he's already settled in here and will hit the ground running from the get go next season.

It might not be one or the other though? Who's to say us being interested in Ojo (if true) has any bearing on Ryan Kent whatsoever?

Would I be happy bringing Ojo in as well as Kent? Yes.

If it transpired that Liverpool didn't want Kent out on loan again but instead wanted to cash in on him for a sum that we couldn't afford, but were happy to loan us Ojo next season instead. Would I want Ojo in? Yes

Don’t think we’d be any worse off had we played Docherty, Katic, Middleton and Hardie in place of Coulibaly, Worrall, Kent and Sadiq to be fair.
In fact we’d probably be better off.
I was referring more to Gerrard's loan signings and also the fact why would you block a loan signing simply to develop and play an inferior young player of our own?

Who in their right mind deliberately weakens the strength of their first eleven simply to develop their own youth player over a superior loan signing?

He signed an extension last summer before joining Reims on loan, so if he's getting ANOTHER one - a five year one at that - before going out on loan again, then he must be highly thought of by Liverpool.

Would be a decent signing though to be fair.

Maybe they are hoping he can have a season similar to Kent and put an extra £10 million on his worth. Not sure what Kent was worth before he joined us but it certainly wasn't £12 million.

I don't doubt he will have plenty ability, the great unknown is how he will deal with the expectations and constant spotlight that goes with wearing our shirt.

If it's a straight choice between the two then I'd rather have Kent as he's already settled in here and will hit the ground running from the get go next season.

It might not be one or the other though? Who's to say us being interested in Ojo (if true) has any bearing on Ryan Kent whatsoever?

Would I be happy bringing Ojo in as well as Kent? Yes.

If it transpired that Liverpool didn't want Kent out on loan again but instead wanted to cash in on him for a sum that we couldn't afford, but were happy to loan us Ojo next season instead. Would I want Ojo in? Yes
I dont think we would sign both as we have plenty wide players.

So my point is i dont think (with what i currently know) that Ojo in and Kent out is a good deal for us.

No idea how true this is and no idea if the lads any good

But as an observation my thoughts are this

If he is taking Kents place you’d imagine he plays, so we are already top heavy on wingers so won’t sign anyone else

If Morelos doesn’t leave we don’t need another striker

So where are we planning on spending the budget?

Possibly decent amount on a no 10?

Left back will be covered by Barisic fee again if he goes

Just chewing the fat out loud and wondering

Does our transfer business depend a lot on if Morelos is leaving?? Or is there a decent amount there to be spent either way? What is the most you could potentially see us spend on one player bearing in mind we are after quality rather than quantity

Haha. ‘I don’t care if this lad can help win the league, if it helps Liverpool then %^*& it, just like the paedos get 9 in a row’

That’s essentially what you’re saying. Is it something in the water recently that’s made people lose the capability for rational thought?

It just appears that Liverpool are throwing another player to develop for them that's if the story is true. We need significant investment notably in the forward areas of the team I'd rather a high calibre loan or buying a quality player to go straight into the team other than another wide player from Liverpool. Kent was a one off and I have fears of another Ejaria type player coming up and struggling.

If we added Ojo into our current roster of wide players and did little other business for those areas then I'd be underwhelmed especially considering the reported players we have watched or targeted.

Quality over quantity is what Gerrard and Allen keep telling us and for me Ojo would be short term stop gap signing and even if we did get a good season out of him I doubt Liverpool will afford us the option to purchase him likewise I don't think we will get Kent on a permanent basis.

Last edited:
It just appears that Liverpool are throwing another player to develop for them that's if the story is true. We need significant investment notably in the forward areas of the team I'd rather a high calibre loan or buying a quality player to go straight into the team other than another wide player from Liverpool. Kent was a one off and I have fears of another Ejaria type player coming up and struggling.

If we added Ojo into our current roster of wide players and did little other business for those areas then I'd be underwhelmed especially considering the reported players we have watched or targeted.

Quality over quantity is what Gerrard and Allen keep telling us and for me Ojo would be short term stop gap signing and even if we did get a good season out of him I doubt Liverpool will afford us the option to purchase him likewise I don't think we will get Kent on a permanent basis.

They might well be. But why is that a problem? It’s a symbiotic relationship, they benefit and we also benefit by having use of a player with abilities of which we otherwise could only dream of affording.

They might well be. But why is that a problem? It’s a symbiotic relationship, they benefit and we also benefit by having use of a player with abilities of which we otherwise could only dream of affording.

I want 55 badly as much as anyone else and next season is probably the biggest and most important season in our history we can't afford to gift them another title we have went through a major rebuild, have taken the gambles on loans and different markets but as our management team have repeatedly said for the last 5/6 months it's all about quality and my mindset has changed no more fucking about with strategies or going for unknown loans or random players from Osijek it's time to put all our resources to good use and buy 4 or 5 quality additions to ensure we have a great chance at going for the title next season. We need to change our mindset if we want to be champions again and the dream of 55.

Don’t think we’d be any worse off had we played Docherty, Katic, Middleton and Hardie in place of Coulibaly, Worrall, Kent and Sadiq to be fair.
In fact we’d probably be better off.

I'll agree with Hardie over Sadiq and Katic mainly over Worrall, but not all the time.

Coulibaly impressed far more than Doc pre and early season and Kent was voted Scottish ypung player of the year, so we'll need to agree to disagree mate.

This is happening, don't know what it means with regards Kent so no point asking (but you still will, you always do, lol). Deal was all but done on the day of the mentally challengeds game, so should be over the line now, will let you know more if and when I can.
If the deal was done when we played them that would be prior to Gerrard's comments on Sunday about us making another loan offer for Kent so would suggest the move for Kent isn't impacted by this.

I don't think we'll get Kent in all honesty.

If the deal was done when we played them that would be prior to Gerrard's comments on Sunday about us making another loan offer for Kent so would suggest the move for Kent isn't impacted by this.

I don't think we'll get Kent in all honesty.

Now now, don't put words into my mouth, I said the deal was all but done on the day of the mentally challengeds game.

Here it is.

I'm in.:)):p

Big lump of a lad, which will stand him good stead up here

And he’s quite two footed. Noticeable that he scored two with his right in that vid and also threw in a number of good crosses with his right.

As ever, I’ll trust the gaffer of this is a goer

This is happening, don't know what it means with regards Kent so no point asking (but you still will, you always do, lol). Deal was all but done on the day of the mentally challengeds game, so should be over the line now, will let you know more if and when I can.

The Ojo deal is happening?

I'll agree with Hardie over Sadiq and Katic mainly over Worrall, but not all the time.

Coulibaly impressed far more than Doc pre and early season and Kent was voted Scottish ypung player of the year, so we'll need to agree to disagree mate.
Coulibaly looked like a clone of Makelele early season before his form went off a cliff to be fair.
I know he had a personal tragedy and wish the lad well in his future.

The fact we'd all like to have Kent back speaks volumes.And I say that as someone who has criticised his lack of end product at times throughout the season.

You can play 4-3-3 without wingers hugging the touchline. Which is what we have been playing.

I know that, we played it with Cannigia, Mols, Lovenkrands and Shota all competing for the three jerseys
Arfield though isn’t playing in a wide role or an attacking role, it is more of a 4312 formation.

Back