Signing announcements within the next week - SR

If Hagi's played in his correct number 10 position he will add goals no doubt, dont understand the cry for a goal scoring midfeilder atall tbh.
That's a bizarre statement to be honest. Our midfield do not score enough goals for us to mount a challenge for the title. Jack , Arfield , Davis , Aribo and Kamara barely have 20 goals a season between them. We need players in there to contribute 10-15 goals a season .

If Docherty is deemed surplus as he’s not of sufficient quality, I’m truly baffled why Allan would not be in the same camp. Both around the same level only one is younger, fitter and hasn’t played for them!

Between Mukiele, Upamecano, Konate and Nkunku they haven't half done well with the French players.

I put up a post here a few years ago about the French market. Forget League 1 as folk will make an excuse saying out of our budget.

but League 2 has some unbelievable talent that cost peanuts.
The likes of Le Havre, Sochaux, Metz players have been supplying Lyon, St Etienne, Leipzig for years.

chateraux have 2 outstanding prospects that will go for small fees next and so many more

Where the %^*& is this Scott Allan chat coming from? :D

Not only is he a bang average turncoat rat who had 1, maybe 2 good seasons at Hibs? He’s a horrible c unt and that tackle on Rossiter in the 5-5 game was nothing short of a disgrace, strangely only got a yellow for it.

No chance we want him.

That's a bizarre statement to be honest. Our midfield do not score enough goals for us to mount a challenge for the title. Jack , Arfield , Davis , Aribo and Kamara barely have 20 goals a season between them. We need players in there to contribute 10-15 goals a season .
Tbf aribo and arfield have 9 each, that’s not overly bad considering neither start every game with a quarter of the season to play. I expect this season aribo Kent and hagi will all very in high teens for goals.

Not only is he a bang average turncoat rat who had 1, maybe 2 good seasons at Hibs? He’s a horrible c unt and that tackle on Rossiter in the 5-5 game was nothing short of a disgrace, strangely only got a yellow for it.

No chance we want him.
4 lads tweeted something about us being interested in January. Thankfully I think the club have moved on.

I heard a few whispers about Kamara being linked with Brighton. No idea of figures etc but heard this when at a local ironmongers around Ibrox. Guy who runs it is in with a couple of directors. Not sure if it’s 100%.

Only ever a success at Hibs. Did arguably less in England than Docherty. Can do eye catching things but can often let games pass him by. Not convinced.
Docherty only ever been a “success” at Shrewsbury who are a worse team than hibs. Don’t like giving the guy too much credit but Allan’s a better player, Docherty shown that Shrewsbury might just be his level

I’ll third that and posted as much last week.

Also can DM anyone the source should anyone care

I had heard talk of this and thought it must be nonsense but now you have caught my interest in the source. Would be a surprising move for sure.

No chance we want him.

What about the rumours we are linked with your mate? Any truth in them or just rumours?

I put up a post here a few years ago about the French market. Forget League 1 as folk will make an excuse saying out of our budget.

but League 2 has some unbelievable talent that cost peanuts.
The likes of Le Havre, Sochaux, Metz players have been supplying Lyon, St Etienne, Leipzig for years.

chateraux have 2 outstanding prospects that will go for small fees next and so many more
The Kadewere guy that Lyon got from Le Havre looks dynamite.

I think people are getting the boy Charlie Allan mixed up with that wee rat turncoat bastard.

Edit.
Just read the last few pages and read it may be the wee rat turncoat bastard after all. I don't imagine that would go down well at Ibrox.

Last edited:
I heard a few whispers about Kamara being linked with Brighton. No idea of figures etc but heard this when at a local ironmongers around Ibrox. Guy who runs it is in with a couple of directors. Not sure if it’s 100%.
Any old iron any old Iron any any any old iron-mongers you say.

The problem is the prices now it's no longer cheap to get the top players from those leagues anymore I suggested Kadeware in January not realizing he would go for over £10 million and we have been linked with Grbic who is attracting interest at £9 million it's scary money

I would like Armstrong, goalscorer from midfield, right good attitude, I think the likes of him and McLean would be good for us kind of in the mould of Burley and Lambert for them, maybe a bit underrated but good value for money and they scored a good amount for them.

Lots of posts on here are about back up for McGregor, back up for Barasic, back up for Morelos, option for out wide right.
Hope it's not just bolstering the squad with back ups and "options".
We need better players so some of the starters become adequate back ups.

Hope we are getting a Hagi level player for the right to begin with.

Lots of posts on here are about back up for McGregor, back up for Barasic, back up for Morelos, option for out wide right.
Hope it's not just bolstering the squad with back ups and "options".
We need better players so some of the starters become adequate back ups.

Hope we are getting a Hagi level player for the right to begin with.
It's not backups that we need I agree but we do need players to come in In those positions that want to take the likes of Morelos and Barisic's place in the squad off them not ones that settle for 2nd best in the squad

Last edited:
Can i just step in here and make clear that he did not say "players coming in within the next week". i dont know why this quote has been changed throughout social media what he said was "we look forward to more announcements coming in the not too distant future" that could be a month down the line. Just so none of you are disappointed when the club dont announce anything by next week.

But do we sell an “ asset” to improve team overall? I think we have a few that we could sell for good money and replace fairly easily.

For those interested, our squad for next season as of now looks like this:

... with Alnwick off too.

Reactions: cav
It's not backups that we need I agree but we do need players to come in In those positions that want to take the likes of Morelos and Barisic's place in the squad off them not once that settle for 2nd best in the squad
Agreed. They need to be higher quality than the likes of Lyle Taylor and Aaron Hickey.

If Barasic, Morelos go through a loss of form, long term injury we'd be buggered if all we had is a 17 year old left back and a journeyman striker.

They are not good enough. Simple.

We have been second best for the last few seasons. We really need to push the boat out and go for it this time. Even if it is a loan for a season with a view to buy. Hagi situation is ideal. Hope we can do that again.

Agreed. They need to be higher quality than the likes of Lyle Taylor and Aaron Hickey.

If Barasic, Morelos go through a loss of form, long term injury we'd be buggered if all we had is a 17 year old left back and a journeyman striker.

They are not good enough. Simple.

We have been second best for the last few seasons. We really need to push the boat out and go for it this time. Even if it is a loan for a season with a view to buy. Hagi situation is ideal. Hope we can do that again.
100% bringing in high quality alternatives to the likes of Kent Morelos Borna Tav etc will push them onto the next level imo if they feel they can lose their place in the team atm I don't think they have that pressure

Yeah they got him for a small fee from Sweden and he was outstanding in for Le Havre.
Thats where i hope Wilson comes in. Need to get away from average shite in Scotland and England and get better value in Europe.

still make use of the cross border transfers but most Rangers fans could have told you the likes of Barker, Jones, Stewart etc wouldnt be good enough.

Yeah they got him for a small fee from Sweden and he was outstanding in for Le Havre.
Thats where i hope Wilson comes in. Need to get away from average shite in Scotland and England and get better value in Europe.

still make use of the cross border transfers but most Rangers fans could have told you the likes of Barker, Jones, Stewart etc wouldnt be good enough.
I don’t think we can judge Jones on the limited game time and Stewart has proved to be an astute wee addition

Can i just step in here and make clear that he did not say "players coming in within the next week". i dont know why this quote has been changed throughout social media what he said was "we look forward to more announcements coming in the not too distant future" that could be a month down the line. Just so none of you are disappointed when the club dont announce anything by next week.

Did you not read the email that was sent?

He said an update in incoming players would be announced in the next week.

As long as it’s not SPL mediocrity or Liverpool’s toddlers then ill be happy.

We quality, not quantity. We badly need fearless players with the right mentality that says that when the going gets tough, they’ll roll the sleeves up and go twice as hard.
I'd really like us to get Paul Glatzel from Liverpool unfortunately I think they'll be plenty of teams interested.

I'm sure it stated in the email players coming in within the next week.

Think u mightve missed the part i said Hagi slots in there now?

The email definitely said they hoped the were in a position to notify fans of further incoming within the next week, 100% it said that, he might have said something different on the video but that what was emailed out in the fans letter

We need:

GK Cover (firth will go out on loan, cover could be McCrorie?)
RB cover
LB cover
CM cover
RW
Striker

That's assuming no outgoings.
Firth won't go out it will be McCrorie if anyone.
RB we have Tav, Polster, Patterson
CM Davis, Jack, Kamara, Arfield, Aribo, McCrorie, Docherty
RW you've just paid £3m for Hagi and have Jones, Barker, Stewart, Aribo who can all play there
A good few of these will need to be punted OR improve and anyone coming in those positions needs to be better than what we have. What's the point in buying someone better than Polster? Or better than Barker and Stewart but will never budge Hagi or Aribo?
LB and striker definitely, the rest? Dependent on outgoings for me

Back