Some numbers from Lech Poznan v Benfica

Never underestimate the loyalty of the Rangers fan.
Not winning 55 might affect numbers(slightly). COVID won’t.
Most of us knew there was a fair chance we’d not get into Ibrox this season. Next season will be no different.
Folk don’t don’t want to lose their ST and folk don’t want to lose their particular seat.

I’ll be renewing and if you held a poll I’m sure the majority still would.
Hopefully people are looking into the future and putting away the money they would normally spend on a matchday, this would take away a lot of the cost pain come renewal time.

Last edited:
Play Roofe and Morelos in this one (if Roofe is in our Euro squad) as Poznan will probably have 2 men on near him after his Liege goal! Roofe could also draw players out and away leaving Morelos more space. I have a feeling that Morelos will find his goal-scoring form in Europe. He has to, it's the shop window if he wants the big money move in future transfers.

Just realised you asked if Roofe was in Euro squad then answered your own question mentioning his goal on Thursday haha

There's never any guarantees in Europe but I'm expecting a comfortable win on Thursday - we're a better team, in great form, and have home advantage (for what it's worth at the moment). I'd expect another 2-0 win or similar - if Lech choose to attack us, that'll only play into our hands.

6 points after 2 games puts us in an excellent position to qualify, especially if Benfica beat Standard.

Seems like a good game for us, they are clearly quite an attacking team that don’t seem great defensively. We are so organised and structured now that I am confident we can limit their threat while exploiting their weaknesses

The fact them and Benfica conceded 6 goals between them fills me with confidence. I've no doubt we'll be able to score against both outfits, but I think they'll find it really tough against us. I suspect we are by far the most organised / disciplined in the group.

Your looking at his comment too directly because I'm of the same opinion. It's not that I don't want us to win, but it's the bottom of my worries match wise. The be all and end all is the league, we want to win it. We want to win both domestic cups. If thsle squad performs at the level it can, we can win it. Its less likely we will win the europa, massively less. I want us to give a great account of ourselves, delighted if we win but I won't lose sleep if we don't, it's still currently like a luxury extra.

Everything we do in the EL this season makes the CL Group qualification next season more likely.

I just think that’s THE PRIZE Godrup. If we get there & the scum don’t then this decades financial disparity is effectively gone.

Additionally, Gerrard probably stays if we get there.

The present Benfica team may not be any better than the Portugese teams we have played
recently. Poznan certainly had a go, and were unlucky. We could win this section.

I think Thursday might be harder than what a lot of people think. I wouldn't be suprised if it ends in a draw but still fancy us to win.

Strange that you can say you dont care if we win or lose, strange mentality no matter the competition.

Europe is what's keeping Rangers away from financial hardship because of covid, if stadiums are still locked down next season we will not have 47k season ticket holders paying for another season if not attending.

Europe is massive.

500k for a win on Thursday not to mention the sort of calibre of player we can attract if we keep winning, confidence high, keeping the buzz going, coefficiency ect ect. Massive.
Did you miss this bit from NL?

Right up until about the time the team is named when that changes and I am desperate for 2008 again.

Exactly how I feel, league is 100% more important and for once I’m just relaxed and enjoy europe

For me Europe is much more important than the league because it’s success there that allows us to buy quality to have success domestically. Domestic success can’t even keep this squad going considering our finances.

I read it OK but you shouldn't be waiting for the k.o. to care. It's a 24/7 job :)
Head says, right now, that Thursday is nothing but a nice wee bonus.

Reality says that Thursday is nothing other than a nice wee bonus.

Reality also says that come kick off, that will change.

People seem to be struggling with that. If they don't like it, I really do not know what to say, it is the simple truth.

Head says, right now, that Thursday is nothing but a nice wee bonus.

Reality says that Thursday is nothing other than a nice wee bonus.

Reality also says that come kick off, that will change.

People seem to be struggling with that. If they don't like it, I really do not know what to say, it is the simple truth.
We must agree to differ.

two of their best attacking players havent travelled, Jakub Kaminski and Pedro Tiba.

Mikael Ishak and Jakub Moder have travelled though..

They gave Benfica a very tough game. It was only in the 60th minute that Benfica went 2-3 ahead and their 4th goal came in injury time. Lech Poznan were right in it up until that point.

Too many on here dismissing them. We shouldn't fear them, our recent record shows that, but this will be far from a stroll-in-the-park. Tough, tough game I reckon. Lech will see our win in Liege as giving them the chance to challenge us for qualification.
On the other hand they’re 10th in the Polish league

If they open up the way they did at times in their first game, I am confident that we will ...maybe not “destroy them” but will definitely put them in intensive care

I think they will look for a draw, knowing we play Benfica twice and they have Liege. They will expect 6 pts from them, and us to lose, leaving them v us to qualify in 2nd.
Where as I expect us to win v Lech and Benfica at home and a draw away, leaving Lech and Benfica to scrap for 2nd.
I am going by our previous meetings of Portuguese teams over the last two campaigns, fairly confident we have their number within our style of play.
Mon the Teddy Bears.
The 4th seeds are “expecting” to take 6 points off the 2nd seeds Despite struggling in their poor home league?

Based on those highlights the Poles will shoot from everywhere and always the chance those potshots will come off this week.

Darwin looks decent, 3rd goal was excellent.

also whoever cut that video was off his tits on speed.
Darwin Nunez is a cracking young player was surprised that a 2nd division spanish side Almeria were able to get £25 million for him tho for somebody who was unproven at a high level looks like the gamble for Benfica will pay off tho

Darwin Nunez is a cracking young player was surprised that a 2nd division spanish side Almeria were able to get £25 million for him tho for somebody who was unproven at a high level looks like the gamble for Benfica will pay off tho
Good European football knowledge

Back