Souness getting it now

I'm sure his comment right at the end was "that's what we want to see, men going at it".

Would she have preferred him to say "that's what we want to see, women going at it"?

I think not. :)
For me-Souness was suggesting that the game was back to real football no histrionics -no diving-just two
Teams going at it-just like the womens euros-no -pardon the pun-fannying about -play acting -just playing football. I wish people would stop being hunks they are doing themselves a disservice.

It's the easily kid on offended funds who get mock offended by nothing things like this who are to blame for the demise of the gypsy cream biscuit. Shower of fannies who need to get out a bit.

Souness has not been banned, censured or told off.

No-one is blaming him for anything.

You're reacting to a tweet from a nobody and giving others an excuse to slag off womens football for no reason.
It isn't just "a tweet from a nobody" though, is it? It's trending 2nd in the UK, there's literally thousands of people tweeting about it and slating him for it. Including high profile female players like Ene Aluko.

For me-Souness was suggesting that the game was back to real football no histrionics -no diving-just two
Teams going at it-just like the womens euros-no -pardon the pun-fannying about -play acting -just playing football. I wish people would stop being hunks they are doing themselves a disservice.
That’s exactly what he meant, clear to anyone who knows about football.

In this day and age he probably should but
that is sure to offend somebody somewhere as well.

During the Forest game the commentator pointed out that this particular player was sure to be Player of the Game. Obviously instructed not to use Man of the Match if he wanted to keep his job.

Getting to be you can’t even watch a football match in your living room and this wokism is getting shoved down your throat.

Sky subscription cancelled from Monday morning, simply due to enjoyment being ruined by PC shit
Firestick loyal

Love how Sky on some occasions so obviously tell the pundits to argue for entertainment purposes, then at other times expect them to all say and think the same things when it suits them.

When the women are playing football and a players catches up do they shout woman on or man on asking for a friend lol

WATP
They shout MAN on. I’ve heard it clear as day multiple times when I’ve been stupid enough to tune into the women’s version of football.

Sourness is a major asset to Sky’s coverage of the EPL. He doesn’t try and dress it up he tells as it is. That lassie who was on with him on Sky is probably so fucking jealous about what Souey has achieved in the game that she tells all her woke friends on Twitter to bad mouth him. Instead of being on Sky today that lassie should stick to getting her man’s dinner on and getting her fucking ironing board out as she knows %^*& all about mens football.

The game he was there to comment on was a mans game

And the phrase he used has been used for a very long time very similar to “last man “ “handbags “

Absolutely nothing wrong with that, when you see it in the full context it has been said.

How many of the folk that are pretending to be offended by this will have actually seen this I wonder.
Almost none. I've followed this a wee bit on Twitter and everything focuses on 'it's a man's game'.

Soundbites>>>>>>>>Truth.

Just came on to this subject,so well done to Souness football started as a man's game and for me it will always be.
If I turn on to a game football/rugby and a female is commentating I turn sound off and just watch.

I may upset a few on here but I have no interest in women's "football" at all and that includes our club women's team.

Too much attention is shown on the Rangers main site to them but I suppose the club cannot show favouritism.

Hopefully the day will come that a so called top women's team plays a top men's team to show the difference in class.

This is outrageous trying to get Souness sacked for sexism when both leagues are separate based on sex, some of our fans on twitter have dived in with actual sexism and I guarantee you they will use it against Souness, absolute imbeciles.

I'm sick of Carneys ugly coupon already. She was on the Man Utd game last night to tick a box as well it would have been TV gold if Keane was on that analysing (like he normally would be).

I knew the minute he said it that social media would implode.
Same.
That’s the unspeakable truth, isn’t it.

Many were shot down over the summer for even hinting at it.

Womens football is a niche…it’s a different sport from the real thing.

It shouldn’t be “prime time” on BBC 1.

You shouldn’t click on the sports news on bbc and be told Barcelona have signed some WSL player before they even mention Rangers or Scottish news.

If you want to watch it, fine, I dabble myself occasionally, but it’s being utterly forced down the throats of a disinterested public
this mirrors my exact thoughts and opinion on womens football.

Got to remember Twitter isn't real life people.

It's just people giving each other reach arounds to crave that little bit of self righteous dopamine
People on here reacting with "this is PC gone mad" and those wankers are creating these discussions that 99% of the population couldn't give a fuck about.

Almost none. I've followed this a wee bit on Twitter and everything focuses on 'it's a man's game'.

Soundbites>>>>>>>>Truth.
The way it is now. And it's so fucking boring. Nobody is actually offended, they just want to be seen to be offended.

Another fanny. The self importance of it. Nobody gives a shit about your ‘Lionesses’

Angry Lesbians

avengers-assemble.gif

It isn't just "a tweet from a nobody" though, is it? It's trending 2nd in the UK, there's literally thousands of people tweeting about it and slating him for it. Including high profile female players like Ene Aluko.
I'm not offended by their moaning on twitter, where I get offended is when it gathers momentum and people start losing their jobs because of it. Only takes one tweet and the bandwagon starts rolling.

Many times I've said on here, that the one thing I admire about the womens game, is they just get on with it and when they go down injured they actually are.

Souness said nothing wrong but your post is complete mince.
Why? It does not matter if it’s Tennis, Football, Golf etc, a lot of female players always state they should be paid the same as their male counterparts, now i would not have a problem with that as long as their sport brought in the same crowds, finance, sponsorship etc but the fact is that it doesn’t… not even close.
So realistically the only way to even the playing field would be to have either mixed teams or let males and females compete against each other and split the money evenly and fairly.

Clearly that was a juvenile comment from him, but still, you defend the product come what may
Really doesn't bother me pal, will never go to a female match unless my Niece wants to go.

You seem fixated with it meanwhile - I haven't defended it at all for 2 weeks. You though at a rough guess have commented on this thread over 15 times on a Sunday night!

I knew the minute he said it that social media would implode.
Im sure he knew what he was doing and about time someone said it, all the shit that you can or cant say now is just fcuked up. don't remember more of a man playing the game than Mr Souness.
if there is a woman presenter ok ill put up with that not really what I want to watch but if this is where we are going we all might as well give up. I wont watch if the bin him for this

I'm not offended by their moaning on twitter, where I get offended is when it gathers momentum and people start losing their jobs because of it. Only takes one tweet and the bandwagon starts rolling.

Many times I've said on here, that the one thing I admire about the womens game, is they just get on with it and when they go down injured they actually are.
We get a thread on this (or similar) every week.

You don't see people getting sacked or cancelled as often as the threads predicting it.

Back