Euro 2020 Spain v Sweden - BBC 1 8pm KO

Hate teams that refuse to play with strikers and only have a "Plan A". But this is modern football, just as Pep loves it.

%^*& off Spain.
Bring back 90s Football where people acutally had talent and football was entertainment.
Both teams had strikers playing? :))

Great point for sweden, they will win at least one of their next two and qualify. Just shows you, a small country with a poorer league than ours but never fail to make the big tournaments and do well.

Theres no really much for England to worry about (so far anyway) and yeah i know they were not great either.

Spain were toothless, tactically naive and lacked quality. The tip tap pesh was pathetic i wouldnt be surprised if they get knocked out now.

Are there any great teams at this tourney ? maybe France but thats it.

Still think Spain could do some damage against sides that won’t park the bus. Wasn’t long ago they beat the Germans 6-0. Many teams have drawn their opener and won the tournament. I wouldn’t write them off.

Reactions: TN8
And there you see a coach who sets up his team according to their skills and their opponents. Sweden knew they would never win by going for it, so they get a point to the groups strongest team in a home match for them too. Watch how he will have a similar setup in the next matches but will get the midfield to push futher up and get more ball time rather than just thumping it over their heads.

Highlights the difference in tactics between Clarke and Andersson. Use the resources you have in a simple way and don't over complicate it and get them to work as a team.

Still think Spain could do some damage against sides that won’t park the bus. Wasn’t long ago they beat the Germans 6-0. Many teams have drawn their opener and won the tournament. I wouldn’t write them off.
Remember where you are.

Morata has played for Both Madrid sides, Juventus and Chelsea.

Misses sitters in pretty much every game I’ve ever seen him play. He must have the best agent in football.

85% possession!
15-4 shots.
Hard to believe Spain didn’t win.
I think it might have been something to do with the fact they were rubbish.

Not that difficult to believe if you seen the game Sweden were quite comfortable and could have won it the lad up front was excellent.

Morata - if he's having a bad day then he's worse than useless. If he cock's up his first good chance then his head goes and he can't seem to concentrate and the misses can get worse and worse. If that is who Spain are hoping to fire them to glory then they have no chance. They are still very good but badly need a real striker.

Morata - if he's having a bad day then he's worse than useless. If he cock's up his first good chance then his head goes and he can't seem to concentrate and the misses can get worse and worse. If that is who Spain are hoping to fire them to glory then they have no chance. They are still very good but badly need a real striker.
Inexplicably he gets into really good positions over and over, so hes got a keen sense of movement and timing, but his composure and finishing when he does is abysmal.

90mins of tippy-tappy vs 90mins of falling over and clock-burning was a really difficult watch.

On paper it looked like an exciting game but in reality it was bloody awful.

Latest posts

Back