Match Thread Spartak Moskva v Rangers - 17:55 Thursday - BT Sports

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Worrall Flanagan
Candeias Coulibaly Jack Ejaria Arfield
Morelos

3-5-1 Middleton /Grezda on as subs later.

4 - 2 - 3 - 1
McGregor
Tav, Goldson, Worral, Flanagan (can he play on plastic pitches? If not Halliday)
Jack, Coulibaly
Candeais, Ejaria, Arfield
Morelos

4 - 2 - 3 - 1
McGregor
Tav, Goldson, Worral, Flanagan (can he play on plastic pitches? If not Halliday)
Jack, Coulibaly
Morelos

Spartak have a hybrid pitch so no concerns on that front. Team looks about right with the only possible change being Grezda for Coulibaly.

Can’t wait to finish work and settle down to watch the match tomorrow evening. I’d love a victory for us but a draw would not be a bad result at all.
Come on The Rangers.
Come on The Glasgow Rangers.

Russian teams tend to not travel well but do good at home in Europe. This is a top side with many multi million quid players and a point will feel like a win to me. A point would be an excellent result. A win would be one of our best results in Europe in my time and would be incredible. But I'll bite your hand off for a draw right now.

Russian teams tend to not travel well but do good at home in Europe. This is a top side with many multi million quid players and a point will feel like a win to me. A point would be an excellent result. A win would be one of our best results in Europe in my time and would be incredible. But I'll bite your hand off for a draw right now.
I agree but I’m going for Rangers 1-0, 1st half goal by Morelos! 5-4-1 second half and shut it down:cool: that would be splendid :)

Slightly off topic Doc but your graphic has Motherwell game on Sunday on BT sports?

Tonight a draw would be a great result for us. Just a tad pissed off now I chose to give travelling to Moscow a miss :(

Will be a tricky game no doubt, regardless of the reported turmoil they are in. I'd take a draw and be absolutely elated with a win. Tough ask, though.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Worrall Flanagan
Coulibaly Jack Ejaria
Candeias Morelos Grezda
Would be my guess.

Coulibaly in for Arfield and Ejaria chosen over Arfield for his ability to hold onto the ball.

Candeias, I'd imagine, will get the full 90 given he's out for Sunday.

Arfield for Candeias and I reckon you're about right.

Will be so tough, take a point, but think we will struggle.

Will be kicking every ball with them though.

Avoid defeat and qualification becomes a distinct possibility

Hoping the team is:

McGregor
Tav
Katic
Goldson
Flannigan
Candeias
Jack
McCrorie
Arfield
Grezda
Morelos

Be delighted if we get a draw, a win would be up their with one of the best results in Europe for a long time IMO.

If we can get on top early, they could fold as not on a great run...

Can't wait for kickoff... Hope all bears out there get a result and stay safe.

After much confusion from Arena Sports it seems now game will be shown live in the Balkans on Arena Sports 2 (Serbia and Croatia), local time 18.55.

They never had it listed last week, then it was listed on weekend, then changed, but within last 2 hours they have indicated they will show it, although it will be subject to interruptions when other games have a goal scored. Bonus is will hopefully see Villareal pop a few in;)

So any Bears over this way, thats your channel for early evening game.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

This is a stern test for the players, and there is everything to play for.

1-1 draw would be a good result, any kind of victory would be magnificent.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the game although quite aprehensive about it.

Would settle for a draw but anything more would be amazing and would say a lot about our team.

Mon The Gers!!!!!

Looking forward to this one.

Spartak looked stodgy and solid enough at Ibrox but given the apparent abuse they are getting from their own supporters they will be expected to be a bit more adventurous tonight.

I’d be delighted with a draw to keep the unbeaten record going.

Just stuck a tenner on this. 9/1 at SkyBet

Always better to bet no goalscorer if you fancy 0-0. You get the same price and they will still pay out if the only goal in a 1-0 match is an own goal. Yes, I’m a sad bastard.

Always better to bet no goalscorer if you fancy 0-0. You get the same price and they will still pay out if the only goal in a 1-0 match is an own goal. Yes, I’m a sad bastard.

Haha sorry aye that’s what I put on mate. I’ve noticed recently that some bookies are offering worse odds for this now. Both the same on skybet though.

Odds here are 1.80 for btts. Think bookies know this is likely to be a draw, which is fine with me.

Hoping the team is:

McGregor
Tav
Katic
Goldson
Flannigan
Candeias
Jack
McCrorie
Arfield
Grezda
Morelos

Be delighted if we get a draw, a win would be up their with one of the best results in Europe for a long time IMO.

If we can get on top early, they could fold as not on a great run...

Can't wait for kickoff... Hope all bears out there get a result and stay safe.
Flanagan !!!

I watched their game versus Villarreal (available on the BT Sport site if you have an account) and it took a soft penalty 5 minutes into a dubious amount of injury time to rob Spartak of a win so this will be a very tough test no matter how gash they've been in the league.

Hopefully, either or both of Fernando and Ze Luis are injured as per recent rumours but it might turn out to be the usual internet bollocks.

They seem to be in a similar place where we were in Murty's final days.

I thought at Ibrox they would be fragile and if we went 1-0 up they'd chuck it.

If their 'crisis' and poor form is as bad as it seems I think we have a real chance.

Out work early on a Thursday and heading for a bevvy. Fucking loving these European nights again :D

I would happily take a draw now, but if we can get an early goal, I believe we'll win it.

We're on our way to the Baku!

Not confident tonight - this team aren't bad even if they're going through a bit of a nightmare just now. At home for them should be a big bonus. However, we've been quite good on the road in Europe so shouldn't count us out. We get the right mentality on the pitch and we can get a result.

Just saw a Tweet from the Scottish FA - wishing us luck. Well, wonders will never cease.

4 - 2 - 3 - 1
McGregor
Jack, Coulibaly
Morelos
If he cannot play on the pitch that is being played on tonight he is fucked at us.

Not confident tonight - this team aren't bad even if they're going through a bit of a nightmare just now. At home for them should be a big bonus. However, we've been quite good on the road in Europe so shouldn't count us out. We get the right mentality on the pitch and we can get a result.

Just saw a Tweet from the Scottish FA - wishing us luck. Well, wonders will never cease.
They've tweeted it before every European tie this season.

Back