SPFL — Joint Response Group update

There's no way an employer should take the rap for this. If a guy goes out to a pub where there no social distancing, unknown to him catches covid-19, goes to work on Monday, feels ill, tests positive. Do you think the employer should be fined/punished etc.?
This is exactly what happened recently in Amazon Gourock but company weren't punished!

Did you read what I said? A deliberate and flagrant breach of the rules.

And by analogy, other companies have been put into lockdown where there have been local outbreaks, which is in essence a punishment as they can't trade or do business. So that would be how I would view the situation for football clubs. If someone has knowingly, flagrantly breached the rules and the result is your club has to be quarantined and miss games, then tough shit. You forfeit them. I'm not saying that should happen if someone catches the virus "randomly" through having been to the shops or something.

This is different from going to a pub, Sheep were allowed to go out but not as a large group.
Bolingoli? On the other hand, left the country, knew he must quarantine on his return, but turned up his nose to every one in Scotland.
As to when Celtc knew we will never know unless some Bear can stumble on the exact details. His breach of guidelines should be heavily punished, then he may open up and tell us if the Mhanks knew.

So. Jordan Jones has just been fined for dangerous driving, a criminal conviction. Are you seriously suggesting the club should be held responsible?

I think there is a bit of a difference there. Sheep players went out as part of an Aberdeen bonding session, club endorsed or not.

The Celtic boy looks like he went to Spain in a football capacity.

Unless Jordan Jones was driving down PRW in one of those branded Rangers formula racing cars that were competing a few years back I don't think you can compare the incidents.

Did you read what I said? A deliberate and flagrant breach of the rules.

And by analogy, other companies have been put into lockdown where there have been local outbreaks, which is in essence a punishment as they can't trade or do business. So that would be how I would view the situation for football clubs. If someone has knowingly, flagrantly breached the rules and the result is your club has to be quarantined and miss games, then tough shit. You forfeit them. I'm not saying that should happen if someone catches the virus "randomly" through having been to the shops or something.
Yes I read it. Did you read the bit about no social distancing. By being there the person condoned the situation so didn't randomly catch it but contributed by remaining in those premises.
FFs we accuse them of being moonhowlers but sometimes need to look closer to home.

I think there is a bit of a difference there. Sheep players went out as part of an Aberdeen binding session, club endorsed or not.

Unless Jordan Jones was driving down PRW in one of those branded Rangers formula racing cars that were competing a few years back I don't think you can compare the incidents.
Club leased car actually!

In the instances so far I must admit I’m in favour of the players involved being hammered. At the end of the day the incidents were down to their stupidity, I think a token fine for the clubs involved would also be appropriate.

I‘m not so sure I agree with hammering the clubs, or forfeiting matches, unless any future breaches can be proven to be as a result of the club’s negligence. We will, almost certainly, have future incidents. We are not immune to falling foul of that.

Negligence, or fraudulence mate ?

There are still serious question marks over what that club knew, and when.

There you have it in a nutshell. The mentally challengeds don’t care about having to play catch up, they know they can handle the diddy teams. However the CL money is the priority.

They are playing a diddy team in the CL. It's an Icelandic team in a one-off tie at home in the first round. If it was the playoffs I could understand this, but they haven't messed about with possible punishments, just to have a few extra days to win a tie that was pretty much a by for them anyway.

The rescheduled fixtures could be put in at a vital part of the season, where they'll likely be playing catch up. They haven't planned this nor is the break anything close to a good outcome for them.

Clubs ultimately are responsible for player behaviour. Fact

Vicarious liability is the legal term but these arseholes at the SPL and SFA are trying to absolve the clubs of any penalties

The players are going to be punished but not the clubs

More utter shite by the cuunts who control Scottish football

Yes I read it. Did you read the bit about no social distancing. By being there the person condoned the situation so didn't randomly catch it but contributed by remaining in those premises.
FFs we accuse them of being moonhowlers but sometimes need to look closer to home.

You think I'm a moonhowler for suggesting clubs should be bearing some punishment for the type of stuff Bolingoli has just got up to? Really???

And I'd hope any Rangers player who walked into a pub or club and sussed it wasn't enforcing social distancing would have enough brain cells to walk straight back out. If they didn't and therefore recklessly endangered the ability of the club to fulfil fixtures then yes, I'd accept that as a punishment. It's going to need draconian stuff to get it through to certain individuals it would seem...

There you have it in a nutshell. The mentally challengeds don’t care about having to play catch up, they know they can handle the diddy teams. However the CL money is the priority.
One can only hope that a heavy winter cancels some of their games. Remember the league cant be extended due to sporting integrity.

Thursday 13th August 2020

JOINT RESPONSE GROUP UPDATE 13/08/20
THE JOINT RESPONSE GROUP TODAY OUTLINES A WIDE RANGE OF MEASURES AGREED WITH THE SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT TO REINFORCE SCOTTISH FOOTBALL’S COMMITMENT TO PUBLIC HEALTH AND ADHERENCE TO PROTOCOLS.
These measures have been approved by the JRG and follow extensive discussions with Scottish Government Ministers and health advisers.

They are as follows:

ENFORCEMENT - The JRG has worked to ensure that existing rules will be strengthened to include the provision of sanctions for players who do not adhere to COVID-specific football protocols or government public health guidelines. This will encompass recent breaches and further details will be provided tomorrow.

EVALUATION - In order to provide government health officials with the necessary confidence that Scottish football can return safely and in accordance with relevant government guidelines and football protocols, the Scottish FA has agreed that the return to training for clubs outwith the SPFL Premiership – which includes all organised adult football over-18 - will be delayed until at least 24 August, pending updated government guidance on the 20th. This is to ensure that:

• All club facilities comply with the current JRG Protocols, social distancing and hygiene measures.
• All club policies and procedures comply with the current protocols and government guidance.
• Club testing regimes in the professional game comply with the protocols.
• Players and staff at all levels of the game have been reminded of the latest government guidance.

EDUCATION - Professor Jason Leitch, the National Clinical Director for Scotland, has produced a video message outlining, in the clearest terms, what professional footballers can and cannot do within the existing government guidelines. This message with be reinforced on a regular basis via digital communication.

ENGAGEMENT - The SPFL and Scottish FA have gifted Scottish Government advertising space to promote public health messaging on matchdays in-stadia, using LED advertising and via other owned assets for all SPFL competitions and the William Hill Scottish Cup semifinals and final.

Rod Petrie, Joint Response Group Chair: “The message from First Minister could not have been clearer. The JRG must now ensure that the planned resumption of football beyond the Scottish Premiership is done in a controlled manner with the strictest adherence to protocols and guidelines.

“The pause on the return to training for the professional game outwith the Scottish Premiership will not impact on the proposed start dates of the respective league competitions but will give sufficient time to reinforce protocols, educate players and make sure of the ability of clubs in the lower divisions to conform.”

Neil Doncaster, SPFL Chief Executive: “Today’s measures underline the fact that Scottish football is doing everything it possibly can to protect our game. The recent, high-profile breaches must be used as further motivation for all those with our game’s best interests at heart to comply absolutely with these necessary restrictions and safeguards.”
So happy that Rod Petrie has gotten over his “illness”

Can we keep it to a very straightforward.

The Celtic player committed a criminal offence by playing in the match for which he has received a police fixed penalty notice.

Just keep it straightforward.

Kilmarnock have been utterly silent. Would be shocked if they remain silent if nothing happens regarding the integrity of the match from tomorrows update.

You think I'm a moonhowler for suggesting clubs should be bearing some punishment for the type of stuff Bolingoli has just got up to? Really???

And I'd hope any Rangers player who walked into a pub or club and sussed it wasn't enforcing social distancing would have enough brain cells to walk straight back out. If they didn't and therefore recklessly endangered the ability of the club to fulfil fixtures then yes, I'd accept that as a punishment. It's going to need draconian stuff to get it through to certain individuals it would seem...
Some players aren't the brightest and we have our fair share.

What about the racist?
From SFA/SPFL

Joint Response Group - rules will now include provision to punish players who break COVID protocols. This will also include recent breaches ie Celtic’s Boli Bolingoli and the eight Aberdeen players

In the instances so far I must admit I’m in favour of the players involved being hammered. At the end of the day the incidents were down to their stupidity, I think a token fine for the clubs involved would also be appropriate.

I‘m not so sure I agree with hammering the clubs, or forfeiting matches, unless any future breaches can be proven to be as a result of the club’s negligence. We will, almost certainly, have future incidents. We are not immune to falling foul of that.
Much as I would love to see the scum hammered I agree with this.
Clubs can only do so much about rules etc then down to individuals which unless locked up in camps/hotels are outwith clubs control.
No guarantee none of our players may not breach rules by design or accident

I think there is a bit of a difference there. Sheep players went out as part of an Aberdeen bonding session, club endorsed or not.

Did he go in a football capacity ? What was it ? I’ve not seen this line at all mate

Why have Kilmarnock said nothing so far every player and staff put at risk yet nothing are they really that scared shitless from Peter

Doncaster is an unbelievable brass-necked prick.

Make clubs responsible for player conduct in relation to CoVid, make both player and club punishable for breaches and make it incumbent upon clubs to hammer home their own controls and management of their contracted staff to adhere knowing the wider impact of fcking it up.

They'll happily use this approach to hit clubs over fans who act like dicks, so why on Earth can it not apply to their paid staff?

Another noose around the neck of the SPFL if they have absolutely ruled out club sanctions.

We go into the split with only a point in it between us and the scum. We have three key players out injured before playing them in the second last game. We fire a bench warmer off down to Blackpool to the pubs and clubs for a couple of days. He comes back and his C19 status is unknown. Benchwarmer cops a 4 game ban. We cop 10-14 days off to get our injured players back.

Absolutely not outside the realms of possibility, be it us or any other team. Where there's a loophole there will always be someone to exploit it, whether it's call offs following deaths of former players or imaginary tours of Japan.

Make the clubs responsible and it changes everything. And they should be. If you can't fulfil a fixture due to blatant and deliberate disregard of the rules and regulations by one of your staff then you should forfeit the fixture.
It’s like almost everything devised in Scotland these days ,let’s think of a good idea .A plan or policy is worked out without thinking of any consequences or the way it can be open to abuse .
These rules should have been in place before a ball was kicked .Just another example of why the current administration of our game isn’t fit for purpose .Amateurs

From SFA/SPFL

Joint Response Group - rules will now include provision to punish players who break COVID protocols. This will also include recent breaches ie Celtic’s Boli Bolingoli and the eight Aberdeen players
They will ban the 8 Aberdeen players for the Septic game.

So. Jordan Jones has just been fined for dangerous driving, a criminal conviction. Are you seriously suggesting the club should be held responsible?
Did Jones drive his car dangerously on the field of play?

The schum player completely ignored government advice and, no matter how small a chance, risked the lives of his team mates, Kilmarnock players and associated families.

Completely different scenario, but you knew that.

Clubs ultimately are responsible for player behaviour. Fact

Vicarious liability is the legal term but these arseholes at the SPL and SFA are trying to absolve the clubs of any penalties

The players are going to be punished but not the clubs

More utter shite by the cuunts who control Scottish football
Let’s face it these hastily made up rules are being put together to minimise the effect on the club running the game here.
Again we as a club would have been done silly.

"That joint is a belter Mr Mitchell,keep up the good work."
And I was all "Aww Thanks Guys, Now gonnae get this fiasco of a league sorted out." :D :D

So who's responsibility is it to make sure their employees adhere to the strict government guidelines, as we all know, the employer. In this case, their player is not the one the blame, but Liewell has moved quickly, to make sure he is.

That response from the JRG is exactly what has been said on the 1st post, a complete and utter pile of fu-king shite.

Probably wait till there's a date for the Celtic v Aberdeen game then issue bans for Bolingoli and the 8 sheep just before it.

Much as I would love to see the scum hammered I agree with this.
Clubs can only do so much about rules etc then down to individuals which unless locked up in camps/hotels are outwith clubs control.
No guarantee none of our players may not breach rules by design or accident
They should be heavily fined and docked at least one point.
If one of our players messes up then itll be the same punishment.

Id rather take the risk with them having less points, we might not mess up.

Why would a team want a two game break? People on here are getting ridiculously paranoid. The 2 game break is coming at a bad time for them and there isn't much space for other games to be shoehorned in
With all due respect TheFridge, you are judging their actions and intentions based on a normal persons morals and common sense. They have demonstrated time and again, mostly recently since Good Friday, that they will do anything to get their own way - nothing can be ruled out.

Bad times when Stompy is telling both your governing bodies to get their house in order. Detestable charlatans, stinks of similarity of Rangers having 10 fouls against with no cautions, first Rangers tackle from Jack and it's a red card

Thursday 13th August 2020

JOINT RESPONSE GROUP UPDATE 13/08/20
THE JOINT RESPONSE GROUP TODAY OUTLINES A WIDE RANGE OF MEASURES AGREED WITH THE SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT TO REINFORCE SCOTTISH FOOTBALL’S COMMITMENT TO PUBLIC HEALTH AND ADHERENCE TO PROTOCOLS.
These measures have been approved by the JRG and follow extensive discussions with Scottish Government Ministers and health advisers.

They are as follows:

ENFORCEMENT - The JRG has worked to ensure that existing rules will be strengthened to include the provision of sanctions for players who do not adhere to COVID-specific football protocols or government public health guidelines. This will encompass recent breaches and further details will be provided tomorrow.

EVALUATION - In order to provide government health officials with the necessary confidence that Scottish football can return safely and in accordance with relevant government guidelines and football protocols, the Scottish FA has agreed that the return to training for clubs outwith the SPFL Premiership – which includes all organised adult football over-18 - will be delayed until at least 24 August, pending updated government guidance on the 20th. This is to ensure that:

• All club facilities comply with the current JRG Protocols, social distancing and hygiene measures.
• All club policies and procedures comply with the current protocols and government guidance.
• Club testing regimes in the professional game comply with the protocols.
• Players and staff at all levels of the game have been reminded of the latest government guidance.

EDUCATION - Professor Jason Leitch, the National Clinical Director for Scotland, has produced a video message outlining, in the clearest terms, what professional footballers can and cannot do within the existing government guidelines. This message with be reinforced on a regular basis via digital communication.

ENGAGEMENT - The SPFL and Scottish FA have gifted Scottish Government advertising space to promote public health messaging on matchdays in-stadia, using LED advertising and via other owned assets for all SPFL competitions and the William Hill Scottish Cup semifinals and final.

Rod Petrie, Joint Response Group Chair: “The message from First Minister could not have been clearer. The JRG must now ensure that the planned resumption of football beyond the Scottish Premiership is done in a controlled manner with the strictest adherence to protocols and guidelines.

“The pause on the return to training for the professional game outwith the Scottish Premiership will not impact on the proposed start dates of the respective league competitions but will give sufficient time to reinforce protocols, educate players and make sure of the ability of clubs in the lower divisions to conform.”

Neil Doncaster, SPFL Chief Executive: “Today’s measures underline the fact that Scottish football is doing everything it possibly can to protect our game. The recent, high-profile breaches must be used as further motivation for all those with our game’s best interests at heart to comply absolutely with these necessary restrictions and safeguards.”
Just reading that garbage now , what’s this ‘gifting advertising’ shit all about .

why are clubs incomes again being possibly downgraded and I can only guess it was again an ‘executive’ action rather than member approved.

Neil Doncaster, SPFL Chief Glove Puppet: “Today’s measures underline the fact that Scottish football is doing everything it possibly can to protect me. The recent, high-profile breaches must be used as further motivation for all those with the poet's best interests at heart.

With all due respect TheFridge, you are judging their actions and intentions based on a normal persons morals and common sense. They have demonstrated time and again, mostly recently since Good Friday, that they will do anything to get their own way - nothing can be ruled out.

Lol very true sir

Let’s face it these hastily made up rules are being put together to minimise the effect on the club running the game here.
Again we as a club would have been done silly.
And that worked well for them last season. Screwed everyone else up

Hopefully, Hearts might have had enough this time

Back