SPFL — Joint Response Group update

If any club selects a player that is knowingly putting fellow professionals at risk then they should be punished. In the Bolingoli situation, its reasonable not to punish that mob for him breaking the rules but putting him on that pitch warrants a penalty

If any club selects a player that is knowingly putting fellow professionals at risk then they should be punished. In the Bolingoli situation, its reasonable not to punish that mob for him breaking the rules but putting him on that pitch warrants a penalty
You could also argue they put there own squad at risk ... what rights do the squad have over access to anyone who has compromised the Bubble protection ?

Surely though, if the club knew,and we know septic knew, it has to be the club.
It 100% should be but I'm not sure they'll get any penalties.

The key difference between the 2 situations is that Aberdeen never selected those 8 players for any game. If the roles were reversed, I think that club penalties would have been mentioned

They are playing a diddy team in the CL. It's an Icelandic team in a one-off tie at home in the first round. If it was the playoffs I could understand this, but they haven't messed about with possible punishments, just to have a few extra days to win a tie that was pretty much a by for them anyway.

The rescheduled fixtures could be put in at a vital part of the season, where they'll likely be playing catch up. They haven't planned this nor is the break anything close to a good outcome for them.
It seems they’ve made sure no punishment will be forthcoming.

It may be a diddy team they’re facing but they can’t afford to take any chances. It suits them better to have the week leading up to the tie clear rather than have to play 2 games.

They are so so f****n lucky that Boli didn’t come on and score the winning goal. How, in all honesty, would they have dealt with that?
That prospect alone makes a mockery of the whole thing. There’s no way Kilmarnock would be accepting it if that was the case so it doesn’t come down to an ineligible player ( yes he was ineligble) being the issue after all.

On another matter, will BLM make noise if Bolingoli is dealt with and none of the Aberdeen players are ?

What a year 2020 has turned into.

Just listened to Leitch on sportsound

Quite astonishing.

He sat outlining to Ricky Foster the issue around breaking protocol and dates.

Even said to him ‘You could catch coronavirus be negative for 9 days then on day 10 return a positive, thats why its so serious’

Yet not one person on BBC then leapt in with the question

‘So what is the precise timeline you are preventing Celtic playing for given what happened’

They are so so f****n lucky that Boli didn’t come on and score the winning goal. How, in all honesty, would they have dealt with that?

What will happen if they have a (all be it innocent) positive test in the next couple of weeks?
Someone else may bring in the virus and test positive, but with their denial of knowing where their player was, this could end the league and they should be hammered if it does come out they knew.

Orcs and sheep will get away with this, it pains me to say that perhaps the sheep are not as much to blame. The orcs knew that fecking idiot was away and as usual tried to be sleekit and get away with it. Excuse playbook comes out and the club pleading they are not to blame.

What evidence do you have of Celtic ever being sleekit? I can only find articles praising them in the Scottish Media.

**sarcasm.

The whole poet squad have been exposed to Bolingoli so why aren’t they forced to isolate for 14 days?

if they play any games in that period then they are potentially putting lives at risk unnecessarily.

when the game in scotland needs guidance and honest leadership we have doncaster saying shite and taking no action against the guilty clubs. Wonder why? Maybe liewell says no.

Do the SPFL or SFA have the authority to tell clubs not to train? I wouldn't have thought so.

“ENFORCEMENT - The JRG has worked to ensure that existing rules will be strengthened to include the provision of sanctions for players who do not adhere to COVID-specific football protocols or government public health guidelines. This will encompass recent breaches and further details will be provided tomorrow.”

It looks like they do have the authority, giving there will be sanctions for those who breach it.

Genuinely no idea why they need Hearts to stop training if they're complying with all the protocols. They're the only non-Premier team training just now anyway, what the f*ck does it achieve?

Absolutely no chance, the SPFL exists to facilitate Celtic's access to Champions League money and is entirely staffed and controlled by Celtic placemen. The SNP is dependent on the RC block vote, meaning the RC church, RC schools and Celtic are beyond reproach for the SNP.
I'm a nutshell.

“ENFORCEMENT - The JRG has worked to ensure that existing rules will be strengthened to include the provision of sanctions for players who do not adhere to COVID-specific football protocols or government public health guidelines. This will encompass recent breaches and further details will be provided tomorrow.”

It looks like they do have the authority, giving there will be sanctions for those who breach it.
Do clubs not need to vote in these changes?

Another noose around the neck of the SPFL if they have absolutely ruled out club sanctions.

We go into the split with only a point in it between us and the scum. We have three key players out injured before playing them in the second last game. We fire a bench warmer off down to Blackpool to the pubs and clubs for a couple of days. He comes back and his C19 status is unknown. Benchwarmer cops a 4 game ban. We cop 10-14 days off to get our injured players back.

Absolutely not outside the realms of possibility, be it us or any other team. Where there's a loophole there will always be someone to exploit it, whether it's call offs following deaths of former players or imaginary tours of Japan.

Make the clubs responsible and it changes everything. And they should be. If you can't fulfil a fixture due to blatant and deliberate disregard of the rules and regulations by one of your staff then you should forfeit the fixture.

Are you seriously suggesting that, if needs be, we will tell Jordan Jones for instance to go and try and catch covid so we can have a week off? That's before we even consider that that alone wouldn't mean we get a game cancelled. It would just mean that Jones can't be involved.

Honestly, I'm speechless.

Are you seriously suggesting that, if needs be, we will tell Jordan Jones for instance to go and try and catch covid so we can have a week off? That's before we even consider that that alone wouldn't mean we get a game cancelled. It would just mean that Jones can't be involved.

Pretty standard FF mate. There are some absolute genuine maniacs on here :))

Do clubs not need to vote in these changes?
I’ve no idea

EDIT: found this

The league’s board made an addition to the SPFL rulebook in recent weeks that allows for action.

An annex to the league’s rules and regulations lays out the responsibility for clubs to follow the rules on distancing and to adhere to any changes to the guidelines and safety and protection measures. It also has specific instructions and rules regarding the regular testing of players and staff.

Aye that’s exactly what I was saying.

For fucks sakes. This place at times.:rolleyes:

"B-b-but he never told us where he was going or where he had been."
DefenselessBigFirecrest-max-1mb.gif

Back