SPFL Playoffs

EndOfDays

Its Ayr v ICT tonight with the winner playing Dundee Utd next week. Who do we think is the best bet to stop Dundee Utd getting promoted? I think its got to be ICT, they have taken 10 points from their last 5 games, Ayr have only taken 4 points.

The promotion game will be against St Mirren or Hamilton so really need them to lose this 1st game TBH.

Might go against the grain here but a want united up just because they are the biggest club, decent stadium and will have most fans going to the games.

These highland teams are murder (no offence highland bears)

Plus id love to scud united on a regular basis.

I would back ICT. They are a far bigger club than Ayr and their fans will be desperate for it. Would like to see them back in the top division with Ross County but I don't think they're ready for it unfortunately. It'll be up to St Mirren to stop Dundee United and I can't say I fancy them.

Good luck ICT - the more times Rangers are in the Highlands, the better.

In reality it is very difficult for the 3rd of 4th place team to go all the way - 6 games in 3 weeks is difficult at this stage of the season.

Caley unbeaten against Ayr this season - fancy them to continue that as Ayr have tailed off massively this year.

Caley and Dundee Utd games have been tight, 2 draws, 2 Utd wins and 1 Caley win (Cup game at Tannadice).

I would back ICT. They are a far bigger club than Ayr and their fans will be desperate for it. Would like to see them back in the top division with Ross County but I don't think they're ready for it unfortunately. It'll be up to St Mirren to stop Dundee United and I can't say I fancy them.
Living in Inverness don’t see how anyone can say their a bigger club than anyone . Lived here 3 years and barely met a caley fan a lot gave up when the clubs merged . Ayr sold out the away end in the league cup v us at Ibrox and wanted more tickets caley would never do that ! That said easy away trip for me so wouldn’t mind lol

The difficulty for ICT and Ayr is the schedule for playing those games on 14th.May and 17th.May then coming up against a rested Dundee Utd. six days later.
I hope one of them can manage to beat Dundee Utd. but if not I would fancy ST.Mirren to stop them going up.

Living in Inverness don’t see how anyone can say their a bigger club than anyone . Lived here 3 years and barely met a caley fan a lot gave up when the clubs merged . Ayr sold out the away end in the league cup v us at Ibrox and wanted more tickets caley would never do that ! That said easy away trip for me so wouldn’t mind lol
More ICT fans in Inverness than Ayr fans in Ayr I would wager

St Mirren have picked up some form recently, so I think they'll defend their spot.

St Mirren v Dundee Utd play-off final.

Might go against the grain here but a want united up just because they are the biggest club, decent stadium and will have most fans going to the games.

Respect your opinion, but I'd rather watch Utd rot and struggle in the championship.

They have shown nothing but contempt and disrespect for us and I'm glad they're stuck where they should be. I also have no doubt it'd be 3 extra games a season where it could be treated by them as a cup final and risky for us. I'd feel much more comfortable playing Ayr or ICT who will put up a fight across all their games and not just 3 times a season.

Would love to see Ayr coming up but have a bad feeling now it will be Dundee Utd.
Some great memories as a kid in the 70’s going to the away games at Ayr. Some massive crowds in that wee ground as well. Actually think I had to sit on the track at one game the crowd was that big. Same at the old Shawfield.

I think ICT will come through the play-offs - but I also think that whichever of the top league teams they face in the final will beat them.

The Arabs staying down would be an added bonus.

Each to their own.

I’d rather Dundee United ceased to exist personally.

If it was St Boo Boo v Dundee United in the final I genuinely don't know who I'd rather lose more, I'd probably lean more to St Mirren going down.

Is this on tv tonight? If Liverpool don’t score in the first ten mins I’ll be looking for another game to watch

Think they have lost their way a bit but would like to see Ayr come through this. The were top of the league for a while but injuries to Shankland and nae necks wee brother affected them.

As long as that Arab scum dont come up though is fine by me.

As much as i hate to say it i think Downdee Uscum will gain promotion.
Would be sweet to win 55 at there midden.
I just hope the bears boycott them away tho hit them where it hurts.

Think Inverness will win this the night. Hope Ayr can do it but got a nagging feeling that Inverness will give Scumdee United a much tougher game which is the most important thing

Raith 1 Forfar 1
Annan 2 Stenny 0
Montrose 1 QoS 0
Edinburgh 0 Bullywee 1
Ayr 0 ICT 1

Last edited:
Was really surprised at Arbroath running away with League 1 this season.

Wondering if they're going to do the same as Brechin and maybe go all the way through next season without winning.

I'm pretty sure Queen of the South will win the play-off. Raith, well short of what they should be and the other two are part-time.

Inverness have been the form team in the league, Ayr gave been the opposite.
You have to want Inverness to get through, much better chance of beating Dundee United

Back