SPFL vote hangs in the balance as Rangers plan to be scrutinised

sg9375

Scotland really is turning into a bad music hall joke.

The Scottish Natzi’s in what looks like perpetual charge, able to say and do as they like. Destroy the education system and blame the Tories. Destroy the NHS and blame the Tories. They poison everything they touch but come up smelling of roses as long as they blame the Tories (which, as we all know, is a convenient euphemism for “English” which allows them to wear one facet of their bigotry openly on their sleeves).

This extends into football, where we have the top man at one of the governing bodies who openly and happily admits to despising their largest club in the country, where almost every other member club has colluded in the past to destroy and humiliate that same club based on flawed evidence (and absolute lies) from HMRC. We have an anti-racism “charity” made up of rabidly bigoted imbeciles from one “minority” whose hysterical shrieking is accepted without question.

The media is openly and unashamedly biased against this same club, completely uninterested in printing the truth and instead happy to peddle whatever lies they are fed by their paymasters. They are an utter disgrace to their “profession”.

Worst of all, we have all of the above (SNP, football governing bodies, member clubs and media) conspiring and colluding to protect one single club from being properly investigated over the obvious paedophile ring which operated with impunity within that club, not for months or years but DECADES.

Do we really think there is any hope for any kind of “sporting integrity” (or even basic morals) from anyone else in Scottish football? My only hope is that this current situation leads to an amalgamation of leagues in UK, allowing us to get out of this pathetic backwater and on to a level playing field.
Thank you RH.... you have summed up the whole f.ucking truth with your writing. Brilliant 100% bang on.

Valley Bluenose

That's wrong though Haining.

,__________

The resolution reads: “The SPFL recommends that clubs approve:

“The immediate termination of season 2019/20 for the Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2, without the remaining fixtures in the League being played;

“All play-off competitions being cancelled;

Edit: I see this:

To pass, the SPFL proposal requires the approval of nine of the 12 Premiership clubs, eight of the 10 Championships clubs and 15 of 20 clubs in League One and Two.

So the spfl are involved in the voting tomorrow? Confused loyal.
You’ve got it all wrong @George Goudie. All 42 clubs vote, in 3 voting blocks. To pass the vote needs approval by 75% (9-3) in the Premier League, 75% (8-2) in the Championship and 75% (15-5) in the combined League 1/2.

If the plan passes the lower leagues end immediately and the SPFL Board is given the authority to terminate the Premier League any old time they want without another vote.

It won‘t pass.

Last edited:

Rudolph Hucker

Thank you RH.... you have summed up the whole f.ucking truth with your writing. Brilliant 100% bang on.
Cheers SG, it was a long winded rant and I still couldn’t fit in sectarian schooling and corrupt police and justice system. Makes me sad to see what my homeland has become but glad I escaped when I did 15 years ago before the madness really kicked off.

Just_Perfect & Warranted

WTF does ‘legally competent’ mean??
I think I can guess; if sellik and Doncaster don’t want a vote on our resolution then it won’t happen.

Look, it’s a stitch-up but if they’re awarded the title their 9 in a row foolery is done.
We weren’t even in the league for a number of them.
Nobody will really care.

Drumchapel-Bear

Can anyone explain yet when ending the league is different to voiding the league in terms of paying out monies and TV contracts?
Both involve not completing the remaining fixtures!

The only difference would seem to be that ending it would relegate and promote some clubs illegitimately (which makes bugger all difference to their finances as I assume no company is offering big sponsorship just now or arranging hospitality and the chance remains strong that there won’t be a 2020/21 season in August). And the idea that the SPFL really care about minnows getting promoted is utterly unbelievable.

The only other difference is to possibly bankrupt Hearts and give Celtic illegitimate bragging rights. Surely this can’t be the stated explanation??

We need someone to get a straight answer from the SPFL as to what benefit they see from ending vs voiding.

And we need a direct question of whether, if they insist on ending, they don’t end it with standings after the second round of fixtures when everyone had played the same home and away fixtures.
Agreed.

Just split all the monies equally over all clubs and void the season. That's the only solution that looks after clubs financially whilst also maintaining sporting integrity....

barclay_bear

They are desperate to hand the title to Celtc, In some ways I hope they do, as a) that rotten club would grasp it without shame and b) it would eternally put the kibosh on their tainted "9 in a row".
Hollicom will spin any awarded trophy that it’s for all the frontline staff and people who have lost there lives.! Q the mhedia fawning over such a courageous act.

SouthLDNBear

Been saying for weeks this would happen, as mentioned by @The Dude

Surprised folk are retaining any sense of hope that celtic won't get what they want. Its already sewn up.

These clubs wouldn't care if celtic won the title from now until the end of time. It just doesn't bother them. They'll take the collective path of least resistance.

Trueblueal

We should have a decision by this evening on both proposals.

The new suspension of football has put us behind the 8 ball a bit.
Timed to perfection you might say. The fact if I don't want this season played to a finish miles into when next season should be. It becomes disjointed and meaningless and ruins two seasons instead of one. The only course of action is to declare no winners or losers and move on to next season.

bluetonic

They are desperate to hand the title to Celtc, In some ways I hope they do, as a) that rotten club would grasp it without shame and b) it would eternally put the kibosh on their tainted "9 in a row".
I hope they dont and none of us should ever. This SPFL plan will be voted through that is for sure, we will get favours from no one

Bluejim

I sometimes think we should just leave this fkn league and let them get on with the joke of a competition themselves. They would not need to worry about TV money then as BBC Alba would be the only station willing to show any games.

Walters80

The tarrier press said the league couldn't be voided as this would stop pay outs from TV and sponsors as not all games would be completed.

How is that different from still not playing the games and just giving the tarriers another tainted title?
The TV deal ends in May anyway so next to nothing would be lost and other sponsors won't want to be seen taking money away of the game in the middle of a crisis as that would be dreadful PR for them.

Hopefully though when the season is void every yahoo season ticket holder will want a refund, that's up to £4m lost for that lot from the beast end.

Barrymoped

Hollicom will spin any awarded trophy that it’s for all the frontline staff and people who have lost there lives.! Q the mhedia fawning over such a courageous act.
You jest but it actually won’t be far from the truth!
They will get every ex player they can wheeled out to tell us it’s not what Celtic wanted but they had to do it to save so many clubs and staff from being made unemployed.
They will end up being painted as super heroes without capes.

MearnsUnionist

Timed to perfection you might say. The fact if I don't want this season played to a finish miles into when next season should be. It becomes disjointed and meaningless and ruins two seasons instead of one. The only course of action is to declare no winners or losers and move on to next season.

I just wish more people shared our opinion mate.

It's all about self preservation for the majority.

They couldn't give 2 fuucks who wins the league, they just want their money.

Lenzie Loyal

Aberdeen, Rangers and Hearts voting against.

Ross County and Hibs are undeclared.

Currently sitting at 7v3 in favour.
Given the dreadful situation Hearts find themselves in, it would be a remarkable gesture by Hibs to stand shoulder to shoulder with their city rivals in these awful times.

M@x

Given the dreadful situation Hearts find themselves in, it would be a remarkable gesture by Hibs to stand shoulder to shoulder with their city rivals in these awful times.
Two possible sell outs against Hearts next season might come into their thinking. ££££

Rangerista

I hope they dont and none of us should ever. This SPFL plan will be voted through that is for sure, we will get favours from no one
I said "in some ways", which qualifies my comment. The point I'm making is that it would amply illustrate the bankrupt nature of what passes for morality at Fairytale FC.

Of course, Rangers need to fight this outcome every step of the way and demand that this season must be completed, no other outcome is acceptable.

NHAMPTON_BEAR

Their board don't have any morals - they will spin it any way, as long as they get:

1. Avoid paying back money to their ST holders (£4m?) - who will of course claim if they could.
2. Get access to the champions league qualifiers - hopefully £0, as they don't qualify.
3. Get the title money £3m
4. Start to sell their ST's.

I hope to god - we have enough votes.

Trueblueal

I just wish more people shared our opinion mate.

It's all about self preservation for the majority.

They couldn't give 2 fuucks who wins the league, they just want their money.

Self preservation is exactly it but they are too thick to even ensure that.

Let's say this season is extended into September with different squads, potentially no fand or vastly fewer distanced fans. Next season then eventually starts and has to be truncated with uneven games because of the delays. 2 crap seasons. Say Celtic win both of those competitions. They would have a double asterisk 10. Would be meaningless. Even for them a void season and try again for a legitimate 9 makes more sense. End the season now and try again when it's safe. Leaving it to a vote of the self interested is weak as anything. We have seen the consequences of this short sightedness before. What will Sky think of taking broadcasting over next season with a shorter season? Get this league ended now and rerun next season.

LOL 133

Scotland really is turning into a bad music hall joke.

The Scottish Natzi’s in what looks like perpetual charge, able to say and do as they like. Destroy the education system and blame the Tories. Destroy the NHS and blame the Tories. They poison everything they touch but come up smelling of roses as long as they blame the Tories (which, as we all know, is a convenient euphemism for “English” which allows them to wear one facet of their bigotry openly on their sleeves).

This extends into football, where we have the top man at one of the governing bodies who openly and happily admits to despising their largest club in the country, where almost every other member club has colluded in the past to destroy and humiliate that same club based on flawed evidence (and absolute lies) from HMRC. We have an anti-racism “charity” made up of rabidly bigoted imbeciles from one “minority” whose hysterical shrieking is accepted without question.

The media is openly and unashamedly biased against this same club, completely uninterested in printing the truth and instead happy to peddle whatever lies they are fed by their paymasters. They are an utter disgrace to their “profession”.

Worst of all, we have all of the above (SNP, football governing bodies, member clubs and media) conspiring and colluding to protect one single club from being properly investigated over the obvious paedophile ring which operated with impunity within that club, not for months or years but DECADES.

Do we really think there is any hope for any kind of “sporting integrity” (or even basic morals) from anyone else in Scottish football? My only hope is that this current situation leads to an amalgamation of leagues in UK, allowing us to get out of this pathetic backwater and on to a level playing field.
Great post. Unfortunately these facts aren't getting out into the public domain.

Barrymoped

Mason Boyne

We'll be gubbed as its went a to vote of the member clubs and that will be that. We wont have a legal leg to stand on.
Suppose the fans were to seek a Judicial Review into this matter. If given the go ahead, it would stop this happening with the result that next season could not start. The club would face no punishment as the action would be taken by the general public.

bluestreak

Official Ticketer
Nonsense.
We were relegated & robbed.
We were not relegated Bro we were kicked out of football and had to ask the football league for entry, only granted a SFA licence after signing our rights away (5 way agreement)

skorn

Just split all the monies equally over all clubs and void the season. That's the only solution that looks after clubs financially whilst also maintaining sporting integrity....
We really should have some sort of fall-back to this position, IF the final games are not to be played.

As some of us have noted, what happens if we declare this season over, with CFC as champions, then start next season and find ourselves locked-down after (say) five games ?
Will the club at the top of the table at that point be similarly declared as the "champions" ??

And maybe the year after that as well ?

What if it's only one game played before another lockdown ?

BlueHaze

Completely agree right off 19/20 and prepare for 20/21,

BillySimpson

We really should have some sort of fall-back to this position, IF the final games are not to be played.

As some of us have noted, what happens if we declare this season over, with CFC as champions, then start next season and find ourselves locked-down after (say) five games ?
Will the club at the top of the table at that point be similarly declared as the "champions" ??

And maybe the year after that as well ?

What if it's only one game played before another lockdown ?
Depends who it is. In your scenario, brass neckery would be strong enough not to use 19/20 as a precedent.