Spiers raises his head above the parapet

Talking of Kluk, I see that during the trial of Tobin the fingerprints of a sheriff from Aberdeen were found on the hammer that was used to murder her.The explanation was that he had been travelling from Aberdeen to Glasgow to give Kluk 'golf lessons' and that he had seen Tobin using the hammer while doing DIY at the church and had taken hold of it to feel the weight of it.Makes you wonder just what involvement the establishment have in these sort of things.

Did the Sheriff and separately the Priest not admit being sexually involved with Angelica?

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke.
Well know saying, in answer to Spiers twitter message.
Maybe we are looking at this the wrong way , we are assuming the press and poliicians are protecting the criminals from exposure.
Maybe just maybe they are protecting themselves, they are involved committing this ghastly crime
I am convinced this so called ring goes right to the top of society .They only convictions so far are from the bottom of this disgusting tree

The only reason that snivelling excuse for a human being has written an article .is because his bosses have told him to.fuckin rhat

Too little, too late from the imbecile...... I am writing this as a father of three little children, two of whom love their sport. One plays football, the other rugby, and every week I see the freedom and joy and character-building that their training and playing gives them. I also see adult volunteers — kind men and women — who give up their time to make it happen. In its own way children and sport is one of life’s cherished rites of passage.

So I cannot imagine the pain in hearing that, through sport, one of my children had been the victim of a paedophile. The sheer agony of it doesn’t bear thinking about. Sport is supposed to be a place of joy, not of degradation and evil.

Gruesome cases of historic child sex abuse are now reported almost on a daily basis and, in Scotland at least, Celtic FC finds itself deep in the mire. The jailing of three former Celtic Boys Club coaches — Jim Torbett, Frank Cairney and now Jim McCafferty — has placed the club in an excruciating position. There are calls for a public inquiry into the Boys Club scandal, yet Celtic have so far remained silent on the issue, no doubt taking their own legal advice.

I remain dumbfounded at the sheer negligence that persisted at Celtic in those years between the 1970s through to the 1990s when these scandals were taking place. I recently spoke with Kenny Campbell, one of Torbett’s victims, who told me that it simply became routine for him to be taken back to Torbett’s home in the west end of Glasgow to be abused. Campbell was young, he was impressionable, he was sworn to silence and no doubt scared, all of which allowed the despicable Torbett to carry on with his activities.

Now we have the case of McCafferty, today a shambling and pathetic old man, who pled guilty to 12 counts of abuse involving ten boys in the years between 1972 and 1996. This depraved man was somehow handed jobs with the Celtic youth team as well as the Boys Club, and his abuses were said to take place in shower rooms, minibuses and hotels. A physically intimidating man, McCafferty did the same as Torbett: he gained control of a boy’s mind and emotions in order to carry out the abuse.

One of the most pathetic things I have witnessed over this whole particular scandal was McCafferty’s glib and faux-sincere apology for it all, delivered recently to a TV camera, and spoken as if he had been caught stealing some loaves. Last week, for his toll of crimes, McCafferty was sent down for six and half years, a bare minimum I should think.

Other cases involving the Celtic Boys Club ended even more tragically. Andrew Gray, another young boy abused by Torbett, came to be suicidal in later life, suffering a series of mental health issues before dying in a swimming pool accident in Australia in 2017. Gray’s sister, Michelle, has spoken movingly and painfully of memories of seeing her brother as a youngster cowering inside their home, with Torbett waiting in his car outside to take him somewhere. “Don’t tell him I’m here!” Andrew would beseech his family, hiding in a room. Michelle and her mother, Helen, are both campaigning vigorously for justice for their brother and son.

The whole Celtic Boys Club tragedy throws up unanswered questions. Torbett, monster that he was, was somehow apparently still a friend and business associate of Jack McGinn and Kevin Kelly, two Celtic FC directors in those key years between 1986 and 1994, a period when Torbett’s later abuses took place. He had actually already been booted out of Celtic under suspicion in 1974 before somehow being allowed to return to the Boys Club in 1978.

Did McGinn and Kelly have no suspicions at all about him? Did they genuinely know nothing of what was going on? If the answer to both these questions is “yes” then only utter negligence and stupidity can explain it. One former Celtic player from that time told me: “There was a lot of talk about things going on back then. You heard comments about it. Many people around the club had their suspicions.”

Did Kelly, the former chairman, have no suspicions at all about Torbett?Did Kelly, the former chairman, have no suspicions at all about Torbett?
SNS
I think Celtic owe it to the victims of the Boys Club scandal. The club holds the view that it was a completely separate entity from the Boys Club, but too much evidence appears to weaken this claim. Whatever the legal hairlines, Celtic should reach out to the victims, set up a compensation fund and express unequivocal regret for what happened.

Money can’t change things. The pain and suffering has been inflicted. But apology and contrition might make a small difference to the victims and their families.

This should appear on every paper and social media output available. Far too good for just FF. Get this shared. Well said.

This should appear on every paper and social media output available. Far too good for just FF. Get this shared. Well said.

You do realise this is the reptile that cows down to the bheasts “too late” piece ? Him writing about it after denying it for years to earn a silver shilling ?

He is an utter piece of shite.

2wg661t.jpg

I hope that anyone connected with this arsehole Spiers comes out and publicly condemn him for the way he has treated Michael, we all know his hatred towards us the Rangers fans but his actions regarding this poor family and the other victims of celtic football club is shameful. Hang your head in shame Spiers and I hope you get what you deserve as much as that vile club you try to defend.

See the absolutely vile scumbag of a man sent a private message to Michelle Gray. He just keeps getting lower and lower. Very sinister man that had shone very serious issues.

He's well and truly p!ssed off the Gray family with his tweet earlier in the week.

Everyone should just take a step back at times and remember the families of the sons who suffered in this and what they are going through.

When you do that then you can easily see why the Grays are livid at him.

I hope this piece of filth departs this planet very soon.A despicable human being.

Last edited:
Did the Sheriff and separately the Priest not admit being sexually involved with Angelica?
I think Father Gerry admitted in his evidence that he had been sniffing around her.The sheriff was apparently only involved in the golf lessons(of course he was)In any event,had this been looked at properly in the light of what is known now,who knows wha

Rangers and Celtic football clubs utterly despise each other. The supporters hate each other. That will never change. Is it glee? No, its a desire to see justice prevail. Kids were repeatedly raped by officials from Celtic Boys club. Surely Spiers must want the cover up and the facts to be laid bare on the table. Any decent person with decent morals would want this.
I hate Celtic FC. I want them punished.

Back