Sports personality nominees

I have never called you racist

The original basis of these messages have been to dispel the suggestion that Sterling was only selected for being black

I believe he has earned it on merit, you don't and think Stones or whoever should get it.

That's fine
I haven't once mentioned anyones skin colour so fk knows where skin colour came into it.

You have twice suggested that I am against Sterling being nominated based or race.

Now be so bright and show me a post where I have even uttered a word about skin colour.

I haven't once mentioned anyones skin colour so fk knows where skin colour came into it.

You have twice suggested that I am against Sterling being nominated based or race.

Now be so bright and show me a post where I have even uttered a word about skin colour.
Read the thread again

Tell me whose side you agreed with and who you decided to question

I have not called you a racist, but I do question why you think Sterling hasn't earned a place over Stones

You seemed keen to justify the thoughts of a poster who claimed it was only based on race rather then disprove that poster

SPOTY has become a BBC box ticking exercise and really no longer focuses on sporting achievements.
The programme does ‘inclusivity’ at a level that is almost boak inducing.
I do love Emma Raducanu and she will win but her story also ticks so many ‘right on’ boxes.

Read the thread again

Tell me whose side you agreed with and who you decided to question

I have not called you a racist, but I do question why you think Sterling hasn't earned a place over Stones

You seemed keen to justify the thoughts of a poster who claimed it was only based on race rather then disprove that post
No you tell me who's side I agreed with and tell me why you think I was agreeing with him?

I just questioned why the guy was comparing Sterling and Stones based on goals.

Below is the post that I commented on and from this you have assumed that I'm taking sides and am trying to justify someones comments and I think Stones should be in place ahead of Sterling, oh and I'm racist.

You have got this so wrong and you should seriously be apologising right now.

Did Stones or Foden get double figures in the Premier League last season?

Immediately assuming that he was only nominated because of the colour of his skin says more about you, really.
Stones is a defender mate so why would you judge him on his goals ratio?

No you tell me who's side I agreed with and tell me why you think I was agreeing with him?

I just questioned why the guy was comparing Sterling and Stones based on goals.

Below is the post that I commented on and from this you have assumed that I'm taking sides and am trying to justify someones comments and I think Stones should be in place ahead of Sterling, oh and I'm racist.

You have got this so wrong and you should seriously be apologising right now.

Stones is a defender mate so why would you judge him on his goals ratio?

The poster was pointing out that players who get into double figures are generally rewarded with nominations, and that if Stones had then he would be in with a shout

Are you aware players who score more are generally rewarded more?

Reactions: FSM
I agree with you bud.

He 100% not only deserves to be there but a strong candidate for winning it.

I mean Fury only fought Wilder this year and he already beat him.

Fury is only there to gather interest for the whole shit show anyway as the rest have as much personality as Tysons middle finger.
His father said he would sue the bbc if nominated.
this is to do with Gary lineaker fitting him up in a previous show,

The poster was pointing out that players who get into double figures are generally rewarded with nominations, and that if Stones had then he would be in with a shout

Are you aware players who score more are generally rewarded more?
I really couldn't care less about about that right now.

You have made a serious accusation against me and I want you to either literally show me a comment I made about anyones skin colour or apologise for getting it wrong.

I'm not going to message you back and forth all day so next post either show the post I made regarding skin colour or as I expect you will do act like a Shettleston and deflect and deny.

Your point was defenders never win it and I pointed out that a defender did win it but yet I've proven your point to be true?

Gotta laugh at people that hate losing arguments with strangers online.
He's just gotta be first to play the "staunch" card and then you are in an irredeemable position. Tough break. ;)

Sterling is on it because he was England’s best player and talisman on their way to a major tournament final for the first time in 55 years. Nothing to with colour of skin, utterly mental to suggest otherwise
Fair points.

Also, he didn't win it.

Usually major wins are what get you on it and win the award.

Raducanu and her major title. Similar with Murray, Wigginton, Hamilton.

Often they are pretty unique wins not seen in decades/ever.

For me, I don't see being a member of a league winning team and failing to win a final in the same class as the aforementioned athletes achievements.

Taylor's achievement would be in the category. Despite Kop Ger (who i know is well into boxing) massively playing it down

I really couldn't care less about about that right now.

You have made a serious accusation against me and I want you to either literally show me a comment I made about anyones skin colour or apologise for getting it wrong.

I'm not going to message you back and forth all day so next post either show the post I made regarding skin colour or as I expect you will do act like a Shettleston and deflect and deny.
Show me the comment I called you racist

I don't think you are racist

Myself and @GiovanniVanStaunchorst were saying that Sterling wasn't picked due to his skin colour

The person who said he was only picked for his skin colour asked why was he picked then

@GiovanniVanStaunchorst then gave reasons, and you argued against those reasons

I then said to you that you are digging trying to justify the comment that Sterling was only selected due to his skin colour

I never said you said that, I never said you believed that, I said you are trying to justify the wrong position rather than agree that Sterling was picked on merit

Taylor’s achievement is impressive. However it was one fight in the calendar year versus a 4th ranked fighter at the weight class and he’s following it up with a gimme fight v Catterall.

Let’s not make out like he took the straps off a P4P king or anyone relevant in P4P discussions.

He won a fight he was long odds on to win!
not a big boxing fan then? What Taylor has done is remarkable and already ranks him as one if not the best ever boxers scotland has produced.

Postol, Baranchyk, Prograis & Ramirez are all very very good wins the last two names are excellent fighters.

Catterall is a mando fight , Taylor paid Catterall step side money to fight Ramirez so he could unify all the belts with an agreement to give Caterall first defence if he won them.

Taylor might be a fanny (and he is no doubt about it) but its defo between him and Fury as to who is the best p4p british fighter.

He is a fantastic boxer who hasnt had anywhere near the credit for he has done in the ring.

Was he not poor in the opening games, despite scoring in some of them his overall game wasn't great was it? Were there not calls to bench him?
On 13 June 2021, Sterling scored the only goal against Croatia to kick off England's UEFA Euro 2020 campaign with a winning start.[130] On 22 June, he also scored the only goal in a 1–0 win over the Czech Republic to help England finish top of Group D.[131] On 29 June, he scored the first goal against Germany in the round of 16. England won the game 2–0 and progressed to the quarter finals.[132] On 7 July, during England's semi-final game against Denmark, Sterling won a penalty in extra-time when the score was 1–1.

Taken straight from wiki mate, i couldnt remember the games tbf, just remember him stealing just about every headline in the games he played. scored the only goals in the groups to get them out of them. dont think he was particularly great other than his goals but at the end of the day its the goals that get you through and not playing well.

Have no issues with Raducani winning it, but if it's not her then the only other viable alternative is Josh Taylor.

The nominations are a shambles.

It’s got to be Raducani.

Most boxers aren’t even household names and Joe public wouldn’t know who they are.

Show me the comment I called you racist

I don't think you are racist

Myself and @GiovanniVanStaunchorst were saying that Sterling wasn't picked due to his skin colour

The person who said he was only picked for his skin colour asked why was he picked then

@GiovanniVanStaunchorst then gave reasons, and you argued against those reasons

I then said to you that you are digging trying to justify the comment that Sterling was only selected due to his skin colour

I never said you said that, I never said you believed that, I said you are trying to justify the wrong position rather than agree that Sterling was picked on merit
GVS reason was Sterling was picked ahead of Stones because Stones hadn't hit double figures in goals and I asked not argued why are you comparing goals between an att and a def.

Then you pipe up and say I'm defending a poster and trying to justify his post which you believe to have racial tones to it.

So you are not calling me a racist directly but you are saying I'm defending an opinion that you believe is racist, basically the same thing.

BTW I don't think any Man City player should be in the shortlist but you would never had know that because all you see is an easily offended post to try and make yourself look bright, well you've got this one wrong big time.

I'm outta here some people on here man, so full of themselves blinkered trying to find a reason to be offended.

not a big boxing fan then? What Taylor has done is remarkable and already ranks him as one if not the best ever boxers scotland has produced.

Postol, Baranchyk, Prograis & Ramirez are all very very good wins the last two names are excellent fighters.

Catterall is a mando fight , Taylor paid Catterall step side money to fight Ramirez so he could unify all the belts with an agreement to give Caterall first defence if he won them.

Taylor might be a fanny (and he is no doubt about it) but its defo between him and Fury as to who is the best p4p british fighter.

He is a fantastic boxer who hasnt had anywhere near the credit for he has done in the ring.
Knowledge mate.

Thats an argument for why someone will win it, rather than why they should

True. It’s just a Brit winning Wimbledon for the first time in donkeys is much more relatable for the public than whatever you said about holding this belt or that belt.

Obviously everyone knows Fury, but I’ve had to google the other guy you were talking about -‘Josh Taylor’. Never heard of him before

The whole thing needs binned.

BBC hardly cover sport these days.
won't most of the potential winners not be still pictures of their achievements? maybe Amazon/Sky/Discovery will allow them to be used there but the other day, BBC were using still pictures of the climax to the F1 championship so Sky/Ch4 must have said no

SPOTY has become a BBC box ticking exercise and really no longer focuses on sporting achievements.
The programme does ‘inclusivity’ at a level that is almost boak inducing.
I do love Emma Raducanu and she will win but her story also ticks so many ‘right on’ boxes.
What the fuck of it if she is fully deserving on sporting grounds alone?

True. It’s just a Brit winning Wimbledon for the first time in donkeys is much more relatable for the public than whatever you said about holding this belt or that belt.

Obviously everyone knows Fury, but I’ve had to google the other guy you were talking about -‘Josh Taylor’. Never heard of him before
you will soon the reason you never heard of him muhc was because he hasnt been promoted well enough. thats in itself isnt a bad thing instead of running out against nobodies he has instead went out and taken on all the best fighters and taken all the belts. He has had 18 fights a a pro... 18 !! in that time he has risen the ranks and won the commonwealth belt, won the super series, won the IBF world title, won the WBA world title, won the WBC world title and the WBO world title.

Of his 18 fights 13 of them have been either winning or defending some sorta title, thats insane.

He has now been picked up by Sky and gonna be one of their flagship fighters, he will become far more of a household name and tbf our sports outlets in scotland have criminally not given him the exposure or coverage he clearly deserves.

Still a wee fanny mind you !!

Kane doesnt dive... he take about 18 secs to actually hit the floor.

Id describe it more akin to "felling" like a big daft tree slowly leaning over and tumbling
However I think Im being overly harsh.... after the match when you hear him talk he clearly sounds like he has a concussion, maybe he doesnt dive at all??

Becoming a farce this. Can see why Raducanu won but big Fury should be winning at least a place in one of these over the last few years. Guys an inspiration to so many.

A guy who is on the way to becoming the greatest boxer Scotland has ever produced and arguably one of the best pound for pound Britain has produced yet he can’t even make the list? Shambles. What he has achieved in such a short period of time is outstanding and regardless of political views or the team he supports he should 100% be in the running. If he was English this wouldn’t even be a debate……
Totally agree

Back