Sports Writers POTY - Our Fab 4

Very very difficult. Tav’s injury might cost him as the others have played the whole season. Goldson has been immense and chipped in vital goals. The only reason I would vote for Davis over McGregor is although Greegs’ contribution has been magnificent I don’t want it to look like we have been reliant on the goalkeeper.

Such difficult choice. Definitely couldn't have been anyone for other teams. Is this the first time all nominees have been from one club?

Who do you choose from that 4, if I had to choose I think Davis just nicks it but it could realistically be any one of them, they've all been outstanding this season.

100% Davis for me.

No on second thoughts has to be Captain Tav.

Thinking about it McGregor really deserves it.

Then again I can't see past giving it to Goldson.

Fack it, can we have all 4 getting it?

How amazing is it having all of our players there?

Even better that there is no clear front-runner, all 4 have their claims to win it.

Tav - would have won by a country mile if he hadn't got injured and kept his numbers up from first half

Shagger - Has come up massive at crucial points in big games but he barely had a save to make first half of the season

Davis - Midfield masterclass 8/10 every game, unbelievable consistency and the best Midfielder in the country

Goldson - The rock and foundation of the best defensive record we've ever seen which has been crucial in so many massive games where we have seen out tight games by single goals by being solid, he's the vocal leader of this team and how we press and has come up with some massive goals to boot including the win at parkhead that was the catalyst of the season.

Goldson wins this with Davis a close second imo

Goldson for me, just edges it from by a nose from Davis.

Goldson has been the ever present every minute of every match man. He is an unofficial captain and his leadership has been pivotal. He has also chipped in with 8 goals.

Davis a close second, as he has played much more than anticipated due to Jack injuries, and has actually got better as season has gone on, incredible for 36 and a close runner up.

Tav was a shoe in until February, but has missed two months which goes against him compared to Goldson stats.

McGregor has been outstanding, but far from overworked at times domestically when we have been so dominant with the ball, but has still made the saves when required.

These are the exact reasons why Goldson should win it, his form has been excellent for the entire season.

For me it goes to Goldson. Not put a foot wrong, stood in and did the captain’s role with ease. Scored a few crucial goals. His support of Glen Kamara demonstrated his leadership qualities. He speaks well and is a class act on and off the pitch. From a few years ago having major heart surgery to where he is now - Goldson is my player of the year.

Has to be Goldson for me this title is built on those fantastic defensive numbers and he's played every single second of it

I'd have Goldson as my POTY. Instrumental for us on and off the park this season, positioning and passing this season have very much improved imo and he's at the heart of a defence that has conceded very few goals this season. Consistency over the course of the full season added to that too.

Not an easy choice right enough as Tav's numbers speak for themselves and his performances in the first half of the season were incredible. Davis is still controlling and pulling the strings in pretty much every game. McGregor is world class and has been responsible for us keeping 3 points on several occasions domestically and in Europe.

Would have been Tav for me if not for the injury problems since Christmas.

Could make a very good argument for any of the other three, but in my view Goldson is the one.
A rock at the heart of the defence and scored some huge goals - including the two at Parkhead at the start of the season. We really never looked back from there.

We've had a joint award before, so why not split it four ways, three months each with the trophy B-)

Seriously though I can't split them, all four have been fantastic, at a push I'd go with Davis, no Goldson, maybe Tav, or even McGregor.........

Can’t possibly split them, to vote for one insults the others.

Very difficult situation, but welcome nevertheless.

Between Davis and Goldson for me. Tough choice, but I'd lean towards Goldson just for the crazy lack of goals we've conceeded.

Any of the 4 would be deserving winners.

Incredibly difficult to choose. My personal preference (just) is McGregor, but to be honest whoever gets it will have deserved it.

Tav for me, his stats are unreal and he is epitome of what a captain should be in my opinion. He is all about football, doesn't drink and only wants to improve himself and others around him.

Some people want them to be all shouty but if you have to shout to get people to listen to you, you've already lost half the team. See Richard Gough for a captain in a similar mould.

Tav for me, he has come through a lot of the pish times and emerged a Champion, with unbelievable stats for a full back, but exactly what you expect from a Captain.
The Blue Cafu!

If Tav never got injured he would be stick on, but he's been out of sight for a wee while and Davis has been immense, as has McGregor, where as Goldson has just been a rock all season, very tough. Would love Davis to get it as at his age there won't be many more opportunities, but Tav had a mental 6 months where everything he done was solid gold and he's the captain.

Right, eeny, meeny, miny, mo...

It was Tav all the way until his injury. But at this stage I think I'd go for Davis. I have a feeling Davis will take the Players' Player and the Writers might go for Tav.

I’d go for Goldson but the right four are nominated.

When are the Players Player nominees announced?

Mcgregor all day long for me (keep it clean!)
Keeps us in games at all times and has made some outstanding saves this season we wouldn't have won the league without him.

Absolutely incredible that two of our 4 nominees are 36 and 39 years old. Proof, if ever it was needed, that it's not all about sell on value and buying young. Even Tav and Goldson are 29 and 30 this year.

It would be interesting to see if any true rhabid reporters abstain from the vote. I don't think some will be able to vote for a good guy.

I honestly couldn't pick one from them. Each and every one has been magnificent. Changed my mind about 30 times.

Tav for me. By a millionth of a James forrest neck.

I would think that winning the players player of the season must be the highest accolade. After all it’s the guys that you play against week in week out that rate you the best. Not the drunken hacks who have ghost writers doing the work from them.

I would have said Tav a few weeks ago but I would actually have him 4th now. Genuinely can’t split the other 3.

All 4 have been outstanding

I'd give it to Tav, purely based on the sh*t he has taken in the past about being mentally up for it and all that sh*t.
That, and the fact he has been immense again this season.

McGregor has had several big saves but has had virtually nothing to do in about 80% of domestic matches.

Goldson for me, just ahead of Tav.

Davis for me - Tav was the best player in the first half but he dipped in December/Jan then missed a few months with injury.

Goldson and McGregor have been excellent, but Davis, every week, 8/10 at least, he's been exceptional.

Back