Sportscene

It’s incredible that Stewart is allowed to continually look at incidents through the lens of what he thinks the rules should be, rather than what the rules actually are.

If there was an alternative no one would watch Sportscene.

You are correct it’s kinda a prerequisite that anyone supposed to be giving informed balanced analysis should stick to the rules as they are. Not what they used to be or he wants them to be.

He goes out his way to argue black is white But is that thick he goes round in circles at times and ends up contradicting himself.

Sportscene has to be the worst football highlights programme shown anywhere in the world. The three presenters appear to have had a collective personality bypass. From all the former players in the country how did they select Thompson, McFaddyen and Stewart as the main presenters? I really cannot imagine a most boring threesome. You’d not catch me in the pub with any of them.
We know exactly what their agenda will be every week yet we get thousands watching waiting to be offended. Why?
Ignore them. Don’t watch. You’ll feel much better for it.

Mcfadden certain its a sending off as opposed to last week when he could understand why collum sent off lundstram when it clearly wasnt a sending off
If they are going to criticise the referee for not booking sands for the second foul , then they must also criticise him for booking sands for the first foul which was never a yellow card offence. But that doesn’t support their narrative

Due respect, running clean through on the goal keeper with no opposing player other than the one fouling you within 25 yards is a pretty good goalscoring opportunity regardless of whether you're 40 yards out or 18

We'd be screaming for a red card if that was a County defender, and in all honesty, we'd have (correctly) received it

Robertson got it wrong, we got away with one, it won't fall into the threads on her about refereeing howlers, and plenty won't accept the fact it was a red card
I'm pmsl at your suggestion it would've been given as a red if it was us attacking. Darren McGregor on Morelos just one of a million examples we could rhyme off where that simply doesn't happen in our favour unless it's far too blatant and obvious to ignore. Goose and Gander in my opinion. We've suffered from countless refereeing blunders and mistakes, particularly last season, it's past time one went our way. Personally, I didn't even see much wrong with it, County boy roughed up Sands, Sands roughed up the County boy in return and it bounced off his head back to the keeper. 6 of 1 etc.

Just catching up with Sportscene this morning.

These 3 need to break out their comfort blankets.
It's like a tearfest when Rangers have a good result.
Makes it better viewing and trying to get Sands a retro red for next week in a bid to weaken us. Pathetic vibes.

Do you think the PSV player should have been sent off for taking out Wright late on midweek ?
No I don't, I also don't think they're particularly comparable incidents.

He was wide on the park, yes running towards goal, but there was also a covering defender in the middle of the park thereby making it less of an obvious one

What Rangers player would have covered for Sands?

I can't wait for Ref Watch this week, Gallagher will say it's a red card, and the same folk on here that were saying he was an impartial top ref and we should listen to him after last week, will now be claiming that he's not to be trusted

Stewart tries to be Mr intelligent but doesn't know that a handball doesn't have to be deliberate. It's actually a pity his opinions weren't shown on Sky Sports so he could be ridiculed

For what it's worth, Sands was lucky when sitting on a yellow. He should have walked even if his 1st wasn't a yellow

Their right back johnson could have had about 4 yellows

Stewart tries to be Mr intelligent but doesn't know that a handball doesn't have to be deliberate. It's actually a pity his opinions weren't shown on Sky Sports so he could be ridiculed

For what it's worth, Sands was lucky when sitting on a yellow. He should have walked even if his 1st wasn't a yellow

Their right back johnson could have had about 4 yellows
If Stewart had tried to argue it wasn't a penalty off a singular viewing then fair enough - I can understand why it wasn't given, as at the game I thought his arm was on the ground supporting his body in the slide

It took a whole 1 replay to realise it wasn't the case and it was a Stonewaller - linesman should be getting that right, but another one to chalk up to VAR

When it comes to handball, Stewart has no idea what he's talking about

Do we really care what Sportscene pundits think.
I personally don't but it's the subliminal pschology that Rangers get all the decisions - when it couldn't be further from the truth.

Sadly, probably 80% of people believe what they read or see, yet you've got some fucking numpties like the Spotscene pundits including the expert on bio-mechanics.

I personally don't but it's the subliminal pschology that Rangers get all the decisions - when it couldn't be further from the truth.

Sadly, probably 80% of people believe what they read or see, yet you've got some fucking numpties like the Spotscene pundits including the expert on bio-mechanics.
We really need to stop watching & giving the so called pundits air time. Blank all the noise.
Dont comment, give them nothing, They feed on the comments coming back at them.

Just seen some of their game.One thing I did notice the wee Japanese guy likes to saunter back and is about 3 yards offside when the ball goes out to the wingers.So he just turns and then as a massive advantage on the defence

Sportscene has to be the worst football highlights programme shown anywhere in the world. The three presenters appear to have had a collective personality bypass. From all the former players in the country how did they select Thompson, McFaddyen and Stewart as the main presenters? I really cannot imagine a most boring threesome. You’d not catch me in the pub with any of them.
We know exactly what their agenda will be every week yet we get thousands watching waiting to be offended. Why?
They are all made for the radio

No I don't, I also don't think they're particularly comparable incidents.

He was wide on the park, yes running towards goal, but there was also a covering defender in the middle of the park thereby making it less of an obvious one

What Rangers player would have covered for Sands?

As has been pointed out there is no last man ruling. However It is denying a goal scoring opportunity

No player is getting over to Wright before he could’ve got a shot away.

Anyone at yesterday’s game would have watched their forward trying to play the man more than the ball every time it got pumped up to him. How often do you see fouls getting given against Morelos as he looks at the player before the ball or given nothing when there is contact on him.

There was a clear push on Sands before he pulled the player back for his booking. The referee decided it was 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other until Sands pulled him back.

At the other incident Sands is the only one trying to play the ball, he doesn’t go down unless their forward makes contact again the referee applies the same logic. Not all contact is a foul. There is no way their player is getting up and to the ball before McLaughlin or even a covering defender.

No player in any league is getting sent off for that collision yesterday. I watched Carter Vickers and Starfelt commit that same offence umpteen times last season without punishment.

Goldson gets wiped out in the first 10 min in their box in front of the ref and linesman and there’s absolutely nothing about it! Only thing is falling over themselves to tell everyone a handball is not a penalty!

A Rangers player gets a straight red for pulling a jersey

10 minutes later, the ref waves play of when an opposition player elbows a Ranger player

That's to fair, not on any level
Never saw that at the game but that's a red for me, wasn't even challenging for the ball. Although thought Sands should have been off

As has been pointed out there is no last man ruling. However It is denying a goal scoring opportunity

Anyone at yesterday’s game would have watched their forward trying to play the man more than the ball every time it got pumped up to him. How often do you see fouls getting given against Morelos as he looks at the player before the ball or given nothing when there is contact on him.

There was a clear push on Sands before he pulled the player back for his booking. The referee decided it was 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other until Sands pulled him back.

At the other incident Sands is the only one trying to play the ball, he doesn’t go down unless their forward makes contact again the referee applies the same logic. Not all contact is a foul. There is no way their player is getting up and to the ball before McLaughlin or even a covering defender.

No player in any league is getting sent off for that collision yesterday. I watched Carter Vickers and Starfelt commit that same offence umpteen times last season without punishment.
I have never once referred to "last man", it's also OBVIOUS goal scoring opportunity. There's a "DOGSO credible zone: that basically runs from the width of the penalty box, and narrows in as you get closer to goal

I'm not talking about the Sands 1st one, there was a push yes, but I think he's outmuscled too. The push probably should have been enough for a foul IMO

As you say, not all contact is a foul, so the Ross County striker making contact with Sands in the first instance and out muscling him isn't a foul, and covering defender? Who? Sands was the only one in the half and I don't think JMcL gets there first either

Sands falling over and dragging him down as he goes absolutely is a foul

Sands booking I saw as 6 of one & half a dozen of the other; looked like contact was initiated by the Staggie.
On the 2nd clash I thought at the time there was no covering player & it could be seen as denying a goal-scoring chance, despite c25yds from goal.
So, astonished Robertson missed the opportunity to reduce us to 10. Perhaps 4th official had a word after the earlier clash?
Denying us 1 (arguably 2) PKs & failing to book offences against our players is routine in Scotland.

Some off the posters on here should be on the Sportscene team the way they're going on about a Rangers player NOT being sent off ....

People are just calling it as they see it. We can pretend he wasn’t fortunate to get away with it but that doesn’t make it true

People are just calling it as they see it. We can pretend he wasn’t fortunate to get away with it but that doesn’t make it true
Yes by all means call it as you see it....but why jump down somebody's throat when they call it as they see it and it doesn't agree with their view.....

Yes by all means call it as you see it....but why jump down somebody's throat when they call it as they see it and it doesn't agree with their view.....
It's funny, cause on Follow Follow calling it as you see it and suggesting it probably went in our favour means you should be on the sportscene panel

The vast majority of folk still think we got lucky with James Sands remaining on the park

Just seen some of their game.One thing I did notice the wee Japanese guy likes to saunter back and is about 3 yards offside when the ball goes out to the wingers.So he just turns and then as a massive advantage on the defence
Yep I think that it was the first goal he had at least a ten yard start on uniteds fannies

It should have been a sending off although Sportscene certainly milked it. We got lucky there. We should have had a penalty for the hand ball and you could certainly argue the elbows against our players could have resulted in red cards.

It just confirms for me that we do need VAR. We would have suffered today with it but we'll benefit overall. And the other lot will definitely suffer if it's applied correctly.

Penalty on Goldson at 0-0. I slowed it down and the Ross co player clearly kicks through Goldsons foot. No contact on the ball. Sportscene dismisses it, just got enough of the ball apparently.

So Carter Vickers does the same 2 fouls on Colak next week and we aren't looking for him to be sent off , :rolleyes: I think that answers the debate cmon ffs we got away with one for a change this week that it plain and simple.

They should be highlighting how bad the refs are, name them, shame them and ask why they are not demoted, after all they are the ones not following the rules and the sporting integrity of the sport.

It's funny, cause on Follow Follow calling it as you see it and suggesting it probably went in our favour means you should be on the sportscene panel

The vast majority of folk still think we got lucky with James Sands remaining on the park
All your post is doing is confirming what my post is suggesting

We didn't

Robertson thought he was being clever, giving Wednesday's best player an early soft yellow - hoping it would quieten him for the rest of the game.

The problem was he committed a genuine yellow card offence soon after. It was too obvious to send him off that early, especially after last week's cheating
That is exactly what I said, you know exactly what the referees will do against us and them. CALL IT OUT Rangers….

If the referee did his job honestly, Sands wouldn't have been on a yellow
It wouldn't have mattered mate, the second offence should have been a straight red. We definitely got away with one there.

Its terrible, its got the production feel as if it's been filmed during the 80s in the USSR

3 most boring cunts ever, it's horrible. I love Scottish football but I couldn't sit through sportscene

We all know what happens the next time Don Robertson gets us in an away fixture??

Answers on a postcard

It’s shit as that’s the only option to many people for highlights.

Not enough knowledge on rules and let their own bias influence their take on incidents

On the point about kyogo being in an offside position - I’d like us to be deeper to avoid that as he does it all the time. As soon as ball is out wide he’s in play and in front of the defence.

Worst rule change in the offside saga as he is clearly involved in the play

Oh definitely, some even go to the mental lengths of muting the tv if there’s a commentator on they don’t like :))

Ye don't get to listen to these cuunts at the game so why ten to their biased commentary in the hoose.

You dae if ye want tae.

The more you watch it, the more lucky you feel that Sands wasn't sent off. Red all day long.

and the more you saw the Lundstrum one, the clearer it was (vindicated by the decision to over turn it) that it wasn't and cost us points.

I'd have been reasonably confident we'd have gone on to win at home against Ross County so reckon, overall, we're down two point to bad decisions.

Can't say I'm fussed we get away with a small one on occassion when there's so many other truly awful calls by refs every week.

Back