Spurs new ground

Highbury had the North Bank , Spurs new ground has The West Bank
article-2102087-11BFFAE6000005DC-410_964x602.jpg

I'm project managing some of the works down there, spend a couple of days a week at the stadium. Haven't met Levy but have the odd meeting or two with his right hand man.

It's chaos down there at the moment...Will be surprised if it's finished in time, it's a bit of an elephant in the room. Spurs were supposed to make a decision on the 14th June about what they register as their home stadium for the following season, not sure what the outcome of that was? Maybe they've been given dispensation to delay decision again.

It's going to be absolutely amazing when it's finished, should be as costs must be well over £1bn by now! Annoyingly I can't post any videos or pictures on social media, maybe when it's all done...

I'm project managing some of the works down there, spend a couple of days a week at the stadium. Haven't met Levy but have the odd meeting or two with his right hand man.

It's chaos down there at the moment...Will be surprised if it's finished in time, it's a bit of an elephant in the room. Spurs were supposed to make a decision on the 14th June about what they register as their home stadium for the following season, not sure what the outcome of that was? Maybe they've been given dispensation to delay decision again.

It's going to be absolutely amazing when it's finished, should be as costs must be well over £1bn by now! Annoyingly I can't post any videos or pictures on social media, maybe when it's all done...

Spurs asked the EPL if they could play the 1st 4 games away since the EPL don't allow clubs to used different grounds in a season however they have given special dispensation to play Fulham at Wembley on 18th August while they have revered their home game with Watford on 1st September to Vicarage Road instead that is something the EPL have done in the past with games involving Liverpool and West Ham and their stadiums

Liverpool on 15th September is their 1sthome game but there has to be test events staged before that

Have been watching some of this this guy video's who does weekly updates on it's construction

https://www.youtube.com/user/cowlinchristopher

Sure I read it has its own brewery inside it and can dispense a ridiculous amount of pints per minute.
Looks immense.

Spurs asked the EPL if they could play the 1st 4 games away since the EPL don't allow clubs to used different grounds in a season however they have given special dispensation to play Fulham at Wembley on 18th August while they have revered their home game with Watford on 1st September to Vicarage Road instead that is something the EPL have done in the past with games involving Liverpool and West Ham and their stadiums

Liverpool on 15th September is their 1sthome game but there has to be test events staged before that

Have been watching some of this this guy video's who does weekly updates on it's construction

See that decision was made on the 14th...Will it be ready for Liverpool? I have my doubts...

Yeah. The pitch slides into the stand and a NFL AstroTurf is underneath

I know FF has a beef with Spurs for some reason but the club lives within its means and have a built absolute state of the art training facilities and now stadium.

Levy is putting the club in a good position

2 League Cups in the last 20 years is hardly a good position if you are a fan of the club.

The steepness of the top parts is giving me the right fear. Not great with really steep inclines, always have visions of falling right down the stairs and off the edge.

Mates brother shelled out £12K for 3 seats. Not sure what part of the stadium though. Really impressive but soulless in my opinion. Would rather watch a game at Craven Cottage. Been to a few brand new baseball stadia but my favorite is still Wrigley Field with its tiny concourses and bogs. Portland Timbers have a cracking newer stadium though so it can be done.

The home end is 6m from the touchline , no first row seat will be further than 8m.

The home stand is modelled on Dortmund's yellow wall. Levy says in a documentary in the US that the acoustics were part of the architects brief as it was important to the fans to keep the claustrophobic noise of WHL.

That's the way to do it. I wish we had someone like Levy (I know he was backing us in the past) who has vision and foresight and understands how important the atmosphere is to fans and players. Our people just don't get it.

I disagree, the stands look fairly steep on each side of the park and I love the big stand behind the goals.

Should also add that I read somewhere the ground is future proofed in terms of safe standing, i.e. it's already set up for it.
Your right mate, Spurs have stated the front of the home end is future proofed for safe standing, I wonder what other famous football ground could benefit from the same idea?

I think the key to creating a good atmosphere in these stadiums is having the two goal ends free of corporate, packing them full of singing fans reminiscent of Dortmund's "yellow wall", and looking at the picture this is exactly what Spurs have done.

Looks terrific. Hopefully it's a success, holds and atmosphere and the fans enjoy it. Sadly not the case for the West Ham fans who's moved into a stadium which looks appalling for football.

Your right mate, Spurs have stated the front of the home end is future proofed for safe standing, I wonder what other famous football ground could benefit from the same idea?

Hard to future proof other famous football grounds unless you're building new stands.

If your message was simply "I would like Ibrox to have safe standing" then that's what you should have said.

The stands at Ibrox weren't going to be future proofed for standing in the 80's when everyone was moving away from standing, some by choice and some being forced.

Who has beef with Spurs on FF??

New one on me too. I remember being across in Milan with a few mates for the Inter v Spurs game in 2010. One of the guys who came with us had an Aberdeen FC polo shirt on (he is also a season ticket holder at spurs) and gent with a fine cockney accent asked him why he was wearing it at a Spurs game. Guy with AFC polo said there was a big friendship with Spurs/Aberdeen and cockney told him not with him and the proceeded to take his shirt off to show his back covered in Rangers tattoos.

Like the look of this stadium and I am not a fan of the new modern stadiums. It very much looks like one of these new NFL stadiums being thrown up in the States which I suppose is its (part) purpose

New one on me too. I remember being across in Milan with a few mates for the Inter v Spurs game in 2010. One of the guys who came with us had an Aberdeen FC polo shirt on (he is also a season ticket holder at spurs) and gent with a fine cockney accent asked him why he was wearing it at a Spurs game. Guy with AFC polo said there was a big friendship with Spurs/Aberdeen and cockney told him not with him and the proceeded to take his shirt off to show his back covered in Rangers tattoos.

Mostly just a mob thing with the sheep sucking at the teat of the yid army boys. Bizarre love in but they seem happy together.

Everyone else just thinks they’re both cunts :D

Nice stadium, Levy and Lewis will have every penny shaken out of them before leaving on match days

I got a text for two months electrical work from an agency, thought it was a bit late in the day.

The Tunnel Club...

The-Tunnel-Club_RT.jpg

A total of 104 'Tunnel Club' seats, within touching distance of the home dugout, will cost £9,500 each and must be bought in pairs.

There is an additional membership fee of £30,000 for the two tickets. :)

I like how realistic this render is. You can really get the sense of bored disinterest from the wealthy punters who’ve paid £49k for season tickets, and aren’t actually that bothered about the game!

CE9_D7346-9_D48-4_EED-_B0_A1-510_FF8_FCA2_FA.jpg

Spurs without a doubt have the worst song/chant in English football and it’s their Rugby choir version of Spurs Go Marching In.

It’s utterly toe curlingly bad.

Stadium looks not bad though
You'll no be biased at all eh :D Personally think when the whole stadium is singing that song it sounds absolutely class. All the London clubs apart from Palace generally have shit atmospheres.

Cheers for the link, really impressive looking stadium.

Definitely going to try and take in a game there at some point, maybe even the NFL game in October if I can blag tickets.

Think we'll just need to see what the atmosphere is like. It all looks and sounds great, but hopefully they've learnt some lessons from the likes of Arsenal.

Arsenal came out with the same jargon about the stadium being built with acoustics in mind etc. However, there's no doubt as you increase in price you start to freeze out some of the normal fans, you introduce more fair weather fans & tourists. If this is going to be the best stadium in the country, it's going to amplify that, and that's for the 'normal' seats.

Then there's the fact you introduce thousands of more corporate fans into it, and things like Micro Brewery's, Cheese Rooms, Sky Lounges and USB plugs in seats hardly scream intimidating atmosphere.

Where they should have hopefully done better than Arsenal is housing some of their main bread & butter fans together in a dedicated area. That's a common complaint at Arsenal, guys who had sat together for years at Highbury got split up and are just interspersed with the 'new fans', making it hard to strike up an atmosphere.

Last edited:
Designed so home end is about 17,500 and ready for safe standing. Will have a much better atmosphere than The other London clubs.
Is there any other city in the world with so many top class stadiums?

Spurs without a doubt have the worst song/chant in English football and it’s their Rugby choir version of Spurs Go Marching In.

It’s utterly toe curlingly bad.

Stadium looks not bad though

Hmmm I’d say Arsenal’s songs, the whole 2 of them, are absolutely boring and tragic

Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal and repeat

And it’s Arseeeeenal, Arsenal FC .. were by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen

Arsenal win the worst and most boring fans award with ease

Maybe I’m a bit biased with Spurs being the English team I follow but I can’t wait for it to open now. Looks immense.

Quite happy that the two teams I follow in Britain now play in the best two stadiums as well :)

Stick the videos and pics on here mate.

We won't tell anyone:)

Back