St Johnstone no.34 - Daniel Phillips

TN8

Thought he looked a really tidy player today, had a few folk around me talking about him. Quick look on Wikipedia says he's 22, Trinidad & Tobago international and been through the youth system at Chelsea then Watford. Last time anybody from the diddy teams stood out out enough for me to notice them was a fella called Glen Kamara for Dundee.

Thought he looked a really tidy player today, had a few folk around me talking about him. Quick look on Wikipedia says he's 22, Trinidad & Tobago international and been through the youth system at Chelsea then Watford. Last time anybody from the diddy teams stood out out enough for me to notice them was a fella called Glen Kamara for Dundee.
Offer them 50 grand.

He was their standout in the Cup match too. Very tidy player. I think tabs will be getting kept on him, if they weren't already, as he looks every inch a Beale type player. Just need to see it consistently I'd imagine and not just against us or them.

I don't often take any notice of opposition players but he was ripping the pish out of our midfield in the second half. If he plays like that most weeks he'd definitely be worth considering.

Thoughts exactly the same, probably the best player on the park in the second half. Lundstram couldn’t get near him.

Both their CMs were decent today and last weekend.

Phillips was also good against us at Ibrox when we hammered them earlier in season.

I think he’s decent but not saying think we should sign him decent! The last player I felt like that about was Ross Stewart and he’s done not bad since moving on!

Should have been booked about four times today but was their top player by a mile which only states how shite they are. Done nothing since they beat us. They'll be in the relegation fight with the rest of the dross

I never got to see the game today & I can't say I've watched much of St. Johnstone - but coincidentally a relation of mine that works in Perth mentioned him a few weeks back
He also used the same expression (tidy) to describe him
He said the locals see him as a future star - but then again WTF would they know ?

Thought he was one of the best players on the park. A few really nice passes including the one that should have been the equaliser and wasn’t scared to put it about. If he plays like that every week he would be a good option

He was their best player today, tidy, quick, and wasn't shy of sticking a boot in.

He was their best player by a mile, although he could’ve been booked about 5 times. Skinned 2/3 of our players in succession a couple of times and played an excellent ball after shrugging off Kamara to nearly set up that boy right on half time.

Not good enough for us IMO but based on today alone he looks better than St Johnstone.

I thought he and Macherson both played very well and you’d never have known they had 10 men.
Like many not saying sign him but it’s ok to recognise good performances and hopefully our coaching staff are doing that with every emerging player in Scotland.

We should keep an eye on him

Thought he was tidy on the ball and was physical too and despite knowing zero about him, I thought he had probably came through an EPL youth system.

Couldn’t get to the game today but was up in Perth last week and thought their LB, Montgomery was decent. However, seen Kamaras goal and noticed he played Glen onside.

I thought he was excellent.

Good player. Was being spoken about in my section too. Probably not good enough for us but def worth keep an eye on.

Had a few good touches and was comfortable with ball.

He’s probably been shite all season though.

Back