St mirren/Kilmarnock appeal

They’ll be let off with something less severe than the original punishment thanks to Covid FC’s Dubai debacle.

Given that we are now into January - and St Mirren have added new signings - it throws up an interesting conundrum if the Appeals win and the games have to be played. Can Brophy and Quaner, for example, play for St Mirren in the rescheduled fixture?

Can of worms. Again.

Given that we are now into January - and St Mirren have added new signings - it throws up an interesting conundrum if the Appeals win and the games have to be played. Can Brophy and Quaner, for example, play for St Mirren in the rescheduled fixture?

Can of worms. Again.
Ajeti I'm sure played for the Bheasts after their rearranged game against St Mirren who wasn't signed at the time of the original fixture and im sure he then scored the winning goal in the rearranged fixture
Could be wrong though

Can of worms. Again.
Brophy is a pre-contract deal is it not, or did he go on loan for the duration of his Killie deal?.

The problem with the award of a 3-0 victory in a league match is that, while it punishes the guilty party, it also rewards their opponent in a manner they do not necessarily merit.

This in turn punishes others who are totally unrelated to the effected game.

Motherwell and Hamilton are in a relegation battle with Ross County and to reward those clubs not only with 3 points they may not have won but with an enhanced goal difference of +3 is unfair on Ross County and could, ultimately, lead to their relegation.

Similarly - imagine being in a title race where goal difference could be the deciding factor and having a game against the bottom club, where you hoped to score a few goals, cancelled and being awarded +3 gd when previous games suggested you could benefit more from playing the game.

That is why, in my opinion, such 3-0 awards should be restricted to cup competitions to penalise teams for fielding ineligible players.

Has no place in league football - by all means dock the guilty party of points but don't reward their opponents and potentially reward or punish teams not involved in the game at all.

The original 0-3 penalties were because they couldn't fulfil fixtures. That's not gonna happen with the tramps unless a lot more of them have to isolate.

However there is the question of the £40k fines for breaching protocols. And if players can be identified then suspension for (at least) 7 matches would be consistent with Jones & Edmundson.

Last edited:
They will win their appeals as the scotshit authorities know that the national team broke covid rules after qualifying for some tourney and celtic broke umpteen covid rules after the cup final both with their celebrations.

Nothing will happen as it may affect the scum. And remember all is well again within scottish football, as lawwell has apologised............ Huzzah!

The Scottish Cup being canned for the moment gives them an out.

They now have time to have the previously awarded matches played...and that way they don’t need to punish Celtic.

I think the 3-0 losses will stand, only reason I think this is because Celtic were forced to play their game against hibs on Monday. Surely Liewell would just have cancelled the game if he knew the 3-0 losses would be overturned. I think they knew they would stand so just played the game.

The problem with the award of a 3-0 victory in a league match is that, while it punishes the guilty party, it also rewards their opponent in a manner they do not necessarily merit.

This in turn punishes others who are totally unrelated to the effected game.

Motherwell and Hamilton are in a relegation battle with Ross County and to reward those clubs not only with 3 points they may not have won but with an enhanced goal difference of +3 is unfair on Ross County and could, ultimately, lead to their relegation.

Similarly - imagine being in a title race where goal difference could be the deciding factor and having a game against the bottom club, where you hoped to score a few goals, cancelled and being awarded +3 gd when previous games suggested you could benefit more from playing the game.

That is why, in my opinion, such 3-0 awards should be restricted to cup competitions to penalise teams for fielding ineligible players.

Has no place in league football - by all means dock the guilty party of points but don't reward their opponents and potentially reward or punish teams not involved in the game at all.

But surely it robs the innocent team of the opportunity to gain 3 points? If we lost a league by 2 points having only played 3u games we would be livid. Or are you proposing that rearrangements should always take place - in which case is there any penalty at all?

Interesting to note that Raith have applied for a postponement due to COVID issues. What's the rules under that? If they can't fulfill that's a forfeit, right? Are they hoping all parties agree therefore don't go down that route?

But surely it robs the innocent team of the opportunity to gain 3 points? If we lost a league by 2 points having only played 3u games we would be livid. Or are you proposing that rearrangements should always take place - in which case is there any penalty at all?
Game should ultimately go ahead. There does need to be a punishment, what I'm not sure, but in my opinion it should not reward or punish other teams.

Didn't they only have to forfeit because the outbreak caused them to get a game called off? The Scum played their games, so while some may get fined or something they have no games to forfeit.
That may well be how they spin it but the punishment was not because the game was cancelled. The game being cancelled is, in fact, what led to the investigation which identified the breaches of protocols. It is the breaches of protocols they were punished for.

This is why the appeals will be citing events in Dubai and, potentially, with the National team and claiming that they are being punished for breaching protocols that others are clearly breaching without punishment.

That may well be how they spin it but the punishment was not because the game was cancelled. The game being cancelled is, in fact, what led to the investigation which identified the breaches of protocols. It is the breaches of protocols they were punished for.

This is why the appeals will be citing events in Dubai and, potentially, with the National team and claiming that they are being punished for breaching protocols that others are clearly breaching without punishment.
They forfeited the match because it had to be cancelled due to Covid, the spread was found to be the clubs fault for not implementing the neccesary restrictions.

Celtic haven't had a match called off, so there is no match to forfeit.

They forfeited the match because it had to be cancelled due to Covid, the spread was found to be the clubs fault for not implementing the neccesary restrictions.

Celtic haven't had a match called off, so there is no match to forfeit.
So they have been punished for the games being cancelled not for the actual breaches of the rules/protocols but for the consequence of those breaches.

If there are rules in place that apply to all and several people break those rules then it seems logical that all who break those rules are due the same or similar punishment. It surely isn't fair that such draconian punishment is purely down to fortune and whether or not you are lucky enough not to have to cancel due to the number affected.

Break the rules and the punishment should be the same for all who do. And for the record I don't believe that any team should be forfeiting a game in these circumstances.

That's my opinion but if it is in the rules that this is the way it should be dealt with and clubs should forfeit cancelled games and suffer a 3-0 reversal then so be it.

So they have been punished for the games being cancelled not for the actual breaches of the rules/protocols but for the consequence of those breaches.

If there are rules in place that apply to all and several people break those rules then it seems logical that all who break those rules are due the same or similar punishment. It surely isn't fair that such draconian punishment is purely down to fortune and whether or not you are lucky enough not to have to cancel due to the number affected.

Break the rules and the punishment should be the same for all who do. And for the record I don't believe that any team should be forfeiting a game in these circumstances.

That's my opinion but if it is in the rules that this is the way it should be dealt with and clubs should forfeit cancelled games and suffer a 3-0 reversal then so be it.
Hibs were told they would have to play the game or forfeit the game so it looks like forfeit and a 3-0 loss is for games not played. Celtic will fulfill their matches, so there is no match to forfeit.

Hibs were told they would have to play the game or forfeit the game so it looks like forfeit and a 3-0 loss is for games not played. Celtic will fulfill their matches, so there is no match to forfeit.
Sounds to me like they are making some of it up as they go along and, with regards Hibs concerns, reverting back to their old threatening behaviour - or robust conversations as I believe they like to call it.

They will win their appeals as the scotshit authorities know that the national team broke covid rules after qualifying for some tourney and celtic broke umpteen covid rules after the cup final both with their celebrations.
No they won’t - only St Mirren and Kilmarnock failed to fulfil their fixtures, that is why they were punished so harshly. Celtic broke the rules but have fulfilled all of their fixtures - they should receive another form of punishment eg suspensions for the guilty players.

Back