St mirren/Kilmarnock appeal

Celtic's faux apology kicked off the course of events which will conclude tonight. Expect the following to be announced over the course of the next few days :
1) Points deduction cancelled and matches rearranged.
2) A severe reprimand with no penalty for Celtic having taken into account their recognition of wrongdoing and subsequent apology.

What about playing people who should be self issolating. Do it with boligolli not one reaction. Do it with Duffy who left their bubble,joined another bubble in London and then played against his. This should have points deducted..I would say 5 for first offense and 30 for second. Also the fm should be asked about fining the club

Given that we are now into January - and St Mirren have added new signings - it throws up an interesting conundrum if the Appeals win and the games have to be played. Can Brophy and Quaner, for example, play for St Mirren in the rescheduled fixture?

Can of worms. Again.
This is also what I've been thinking about their 3 games....if signings are made before they are played !!??

the only was is to play these games .can be played anytime of day on any day with no fans in attendance

Think the punishments will stand as the SPFL's own club have (Hibs) and will (Livi) fulfil their fixtures, thus setting a precedent if we have a Covid issue and perhaps cannot fulfil fixture(s) whereupon it will be found to be our own fault and forfeit.

Should be rescinded.

Changing the punishments give part way through the season but then choosing to ignore to ignore other infringements.

Didn't they only have to forfeit because the outbreak caused them to get a game called off? The Scum played their games, so while some may get fined or something they have no games to forfeit.
I agree regarding no forfeiture, however two of our squad were handed 7 match bans!

So the big team with loads of players gets an advantage. That's not fair.
They still managed to play an ineligible player (thank god), in Duffy who even in a Celtic statement said he couldn't play.
Also some of the other players in the team where n Dubai, hot weather training must have involved close contact surely

when st Mirren were told tuff when their 3 GKs were out precedent was set. How can you punish the club and then award the club concerning the same issues be it SFA or SPFL. The whole thing is Mickey Mouse and due to the fact no one trusts maxwell or Doncaster. Until we rid ourselves of these two and set proper protocols we will forever be Cartoon Network.

“Next week” is the best I’ve been able to learn.

My best guess is they’ll be upheld. Because of context, because I think that’s the right decision, and because it would favour Accies if they weren’t.

But I’m just guessing.
I understand the arguments both ways but my ‘gut instinct’ when I heard the punishments was that they were severe. Not sure they will change them now though.

They still managed to play an ineligible player (thank god), in Duffy who even in a Celtic statement said he couldn't play.
Also some of the other players in the team where n Dubai, hot weather training must have involved close contact surely
Why is this not be spoken about even if SFA gave green light. Sturgeon issues guidelines then Celtic break them again. On the grounds of two negative tests. If anyone else was caught breaking isolation with this defence they would be prosecuted. It stinks and only way it’s not corrupt but ignorant and disgraceful is if it was advisory and not mandatory to isolate if travelling back after the 3rd. Again even if advisory what kind of example are they setting during a global pandemic. And why no news on this arrogant stance?

No they won’t - only St Mirren and Kilmarnock failed to fulfil their fixtures, that is why they were punished so harshly. Celtic broke the rules but have fulfilled all of their fixtures - they should receive another form of punishment eg suspensions for the guilty players.

This ^^^^^^

The players who breached protocols should get their 7 match bans.

That’s the precedent

they still haven’t fulfilled the fixture from when they first broke the rules though ......
People are just being daft now. They were told not to play for 2 weeks so they didn’t fail to complete a fixture.it worked out well for us because they fell behind and have a fixture pile up looming.
Thank God they were made to play on Monday as that suited us just fine with them dropping another 2 points

This ^^^^^^

The players who breached protocols should get their 7 match bans.

That’s the precedent
I agree but it needs concrete proof. Our players went to a fcukn party with loads on non employees so whether we like it or not they were idiots. If we can prove their players were in a public place out side their bubble then they should be banned for 7 games too,

They might uphold the original decision on basis of failing to fulfil a fixture. Separate Entity FC at least fulfilled their next match with Hibs, albeit 2 days late by SPFL approval. Surprised they haven't claimed Septic v Hibs moving to Monday was all down to Sky. Morally the right decision would be overturn and let clubs play the games. There's enough free midweeks and at least one extra weekend due to no Scottish Cup ties.

Went onto the SFA latest news regarding trying to find Corrupt Claire’s latest. Still no news on the supposed investigation in Celtics Dubai trip. Heads up the latest charges on Rangers I believe are in error (hopefully).

IMO handing out 3-0 defeats will not happen, especially after what’s happened recently with Covid FC

In all honestly handing out 3-0 defeats during this pandemic doesn’t really sit well with me. These clubs have midweeks free, get the games played and move on

The problem with the award of a 3-0 victory in a league match is that, while it punishes the guilty party, it also rewards their opponent in a manner they do not necessarily merit.

This in turn punishes others who are totally unrelated to the effected game.

Motherwell and Hamilton are in a relegation battle with Ross County and to reward those clubs not only with 3 points they may not have won but with an enhanced goal difference of +3 is unfair on Ross County and could, ultimately, lead to their relegation.

Similarly - imagine being in a title race where goal difference could be the deciding factor and having a game against the bottom club, where you hoped to score a few goals, cancelled and being awarded +3 gd when previous games suggested you could benefit more from playing the game.

That is why, in my opinion, such 3-0 awards should be restricted to cup competitions to penalise teams for fielding ineligible players.

Has no place in league football - by all means dock the guilty party of points but don't reward their opponents and potentially reward or punish teams not involved in the game at all.

Excellent point well made.

Went onto the SFA latest news regarding trying to find Corrupt Claire’s latest. Still no news on the supposed investigation in Celtics Dubai trip. Heads up the latest charges on Rangers I believe are in error (hopefully).
It’s not been decided yet.

Killie tweeted to say their appeal has been heard and they will update when they have a decision

Sounds to me like they are making some of it up as they go along and, with regards Hibs concerns, reverting back to their old threatening behaviour - or robust conversations as I believe they like to call it.

Exactly. They've left it ambiguous on purpose. It allows them to pretend they're treating everyone the same.

Ajer and Taylor can be seen in the bar
Playing devils advocate here. We have know of knowing, from that image, whether it was a private bar or function suite hired out by that mob.
Either way, there’s a lack of social distancing. Also, those at the pool have broken covid guidelines

Playing devils advocate here. We have know of knowing, from that image, whether it was a private bar or function suite hired out by that mob.
Either way, there’s a lack of social distancing. Also, those at the pool have broken covid guidelines
As I understand it, if they had exclusive use of the bar the protocols dictate that the bar should be closed i.e. no alcohol.

“Next week” is the best I’ve been able to learn.

My best guess is they’ll be upheld. Because of context, because I think that’s the right decision, and because it would favour Accies if they weren’t.

But I’m just guessing.
Def the right decision for me tho’ Hamilton have been hard done to here. Awarding clubs points and 3-0 in a league situation potentially penalises other rival clubs of the one awarded points, who have not been involved in any way and who may lose a league position or even status to the one getting the 3 points or 6 if 2 games. A better decision might be just to remove points from the offenders as they are the only ones punished and everyone else gains.

It’s astonishing they are making this up as they go along after the furore last year.

The only difference between St Mirren, Killie and that mob on Monday night was that celtic have a bigger squad so could still fulfill the fixture. These teams are essentially being punished because they have smaller squads.

As I understand it, if they had exclusive use of the bar the protocols dictate that the bar should be closed i.e. no alcohol.
Most recent JRG guidelines advise that -
If exclusivity is not possible there is a ban on access to the wellness areas, gym and other common areas such as the bar, lounges and lobby. If the hotel is exclusive then these areas should be closed.

Either way they shouldn't have been in the bar at all based on those guidelines and, as pointed out by others, it was a member of the public who took the photos and there are others where other guests mingled with players and took selfies with them so clearly not exclusive

Most recent JRG guidelines advise that -
If exclusivity is not possible there is a ban on access to the wellness areas, gym and other common areas such as the bar, lounges and lobby. If the hotel is exclusive then these areas should be closed.

Either way they shouldn't have been in the bar at all based on those guidelines and, as pointed out by others, it was a member of the public who took the photos and there are others where other guests mingled with players and took selfies with them so clearly not exclusive

What’s the protocols in respect of players using public gyms etc? I know of a couple of SPL level players having done this since the start of the season up until the recent closures at Xmas eve.

Always thought it to be hypocritical saying they were in a “bio secure bubble” yet the players were working out right next to Joe Public.

What’s the protocols in respect of players using public gyms etc? I know of a couple of SPL level players having done this since the start of the season up until the recent closures at Xmas eve.

Always thought it to be hypocritical saying they were in a “bio secure bubble” yet the players were working out right next to Joe Public.
Don't think there is anything specific which covers that. The guidance is focused largely on match days and training/preparation - the time when players are at the club or travelling to/from club activities.

Away from the club I believe the only requirement is to comply with the national guidelines that we are all governed by.

Back