St Mirren Statement

Yeah Scottish football is full of hatred and this is just another example, the amount of non-Scots who have since taken an interest in Scottish football this season because of Gerrard all commented as after the Aberdeen game.

as they say "the shithousery is fantastic!"

Wasn't so long ago the St Boo director was accusing our fans of pelting their support, with buck fast bottles, golf balls and the kitchen sink. No one however was able to find any video evidence of that.
They have cctv evidence, but correct me if I'm wrong, they have identified people, but the quality is such, that they can't say for sure.
Is it only Rangers, who have properly working cctv in this country?

Regardless of club or what we think of both sets of fans that is absolutely outrageous behaviour. There is a complete lack of respect or decency in society now and it is getting worse.

I work with the unconscious guy's best pal and he said he was there with his kid and was walking alongside the stretcher.

As of yesterday the unconscious fan was still in hospital with a blood clot on the brain and in an induced coma.

That is absolutely abhorrent degenerate behaviour at the best of times but to do that when the guy is unconscious on a stretcher?

Viscous subhuman scum.

Hope the guy is ok.

The stadium is one of the newest grounds in North Britain, why is the CCTV footage shite? You can buy wee diddy home CCTV and it's HD quality. Think St Boo are at it.
As for their fan base it's the same ones that go all the time so easily identified

The stadium is one of the newest grounds in North Britain, why is the CCTV footage shite? You can buy wee diddy home CCTV and it's HD quality. Think St Boo are at it.
As for their fan base it's the same ones that go all the time so easily identified
but if it was us

high definition and 14 body cameras capture us perfectly

In the 80's I got a doing off St Mirren casuals after they had been chased by the ICF. Still managed to get to the game only to get ripped to bits by my mates for getting battered by St Mirren casuals.

This says it all .... Scumbags.
SAINTS-CELTIC.jpg

When I seen the title I genuinely thought it was going to be a delayed response to the penalties from our game last week.
With regards to their issue surely the easiest thing to do would be to ban the whole of their support as there is only about 10 of them anyway.
That was also my first thought.

I know some lads from Paisley who follow the club everywhere and been part of their North Bank group or whatever they are called. Always got the impression the club were desperate to get rid of them. Scottish football is dying and fans are being chased away.

Of course the person throwing stuff should be banned, but this will be used as a reason to punish a wider section of the support.

Moronic post

I was at the game with a mate who had a spare ticket. Sitting about 10/15 seats along from the st boo fans that were involved. Tbh all I seen was them trading pelters with the fans in the away stand. Actually that was more entertaining than the game.

In the 80's I got a doing off St Mirren casuals after they had been chased by the ICF. Still managed to get to the game only to get ripped to bits by my mates for getting battered by St Mirren casuals.
You deserved to be ripped by yer mates :))
Im no fighter but the "lsd" were one of the worst of the casuals groups at the time

Moronic post

In what way?

Cant you have a discussion without just resorting to that?

What happened was disgraceful and when caught the people will be banned. Do I think they will use this incident against young passionate St Mirren fans because it allows them to get rid of a section of support they don't want? Absolutely.

The same way that clubs have been using irrelevant incidents to punish fan groups for years.

You deserved to be ripped by yer mates :))
Im no fighter but the "lsd" were one of the worst of the casuals groups at the time

To be fair I was on my todd and there were a few of them. Most of them ran by me and were constantly looking back, a few stragglers realised they were no longer being chased, saw my Rangers scarf and decided to restore some pride by attacking a scarfer, shitebags :D

To be fair I was on my todd and there were a few of them. Most of them ran by me and were constantly looking back, a few stragglers realised they were no longer being chased, saw my Rangers scarf and decided to restore some pride by attacking a scarfer, shitebags :D
That generally was their style, catch single fans. Guess you were the unlucky one that day mate

wow!

We are fortunate to have a very loyal support who travel up and down the country following the team through thick and thin and, as we have previously stated, this is never taken for granted and is much appreciated by everyone connected with St Mirren.

This season the police have been in dialogue with us over some incidents and behaviour that has taken place predominantly at away games. This relates to a very small number of fans, however, it goes without saying that this negatively affects the reputation of the support as a whole.

Amongst other things this has involved the setting off of flares, fireworks and smoke bombs, organising fights with opposition supporters and vandalism of public property. These are very serious allegations and seriously tarnish our club’s reputation.

While the aforementioned are primarily a police issue we are now also seeing instances of this unacceptable behaviour appearing at our home fixtures.

On Saturday a Dundee Utd supporter suffered a serious head injury after the away crowd surged forward after United’s first goal. This is something we have warned our own support against on numerous occasions so hopefully this will make people realise how dangerous this can be.

Given the seriousness of the injury the decision was taken to remove the fan by the quickest means possible which was through the vomitory at W7.

While the unconscious supporter was being removed there were numerous people standing above the vomitory who decided to spit and throw coins at him.

This is completely and utterly unacceptable. We cannot allow the actions of a very small number of fans to ruin the reputation of St Mirren Football Club.

Some of the people responsible were identified but unfortunately the quality of the CCTV footage of the incident is such that at this time we are unable to pursue this to the degree of certainty that would allow prosecution.

If we are able to clearly identify the culprits, regardless of what happens in a legal sense, they will be given a lifetime ban from our stadium.

We would ask anyone with any information or footage of the incident to contact the club on info@stmirren.com.

Any information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence.

Everyone connected with the club fully acknowledges the fantastic contribution the W7 group have made to improving the atmosphere at the stadium. Whilst we want to nurture and support the fans in that area of the stadium we are also duty bound to apply the same rules that cover all other areas of all other stands.

For the avoidance of any doubt antisocial behaviour will not be tolerated in ANY area of our stadium.

There has been much comment on social media over the weekend regarding all of the above but that is not the place we should be having these conversations especially when people are not aware of all the facts and individuals can twist the truth without the risk of being held accountable for their words.

As a result of this ongoing situation we have asked local MSP George Adam to arrange a meeting with the police, the club and relevant fan groups to try and find a sensible way forward to get us all pulling in the same direction once more.
Saint Mirrens new signing from Yemen had to leave the field of play to take an urgent call from his mother,
' Hello mama, what is wrong?'
'Your Papa has been shoot, your sister has been raped and your brother stabbed, it's all your fault'
'Why my fault mama?'
'If you had not signed for Saint Mirren we would not be living in Paisley!'

I await Scottish football twitter revelling in a statement being the released with a ‘funny’ word in it.

Or is that only when Rangers do it?

Wasn't so long ago the St Boo director was accusing our fans of pelting their support, with buck fast bottles, golf balls and the kitchen sink. No one however was able to find any video evidence of that.
They have cctv evidence, but correct me if I'm wrong, they have identified people, but the quality is such, that they can't say for sure.
Is it only Rangers, who have properly working cctv in this country?

Just thinking the same. If the CCTV isn't good enough quality then it's practically useless.

I know some lads from Paisley who follow the club everywhere and been part of their North Bank group or whatever they are called. Always got the impression the club were desperate to get rid of them. Scottish football is dying and fans are being chased away.

Of course the person throwing stuff should be banned, but this will be used as a reason to punish a wider section of the support.

I get the impression Gordon Scott dosnt like them but wants them when it suits.

I get the impression Gordon Scott dosnt like them but wants them when it suits.

I have no love for St Mirren, want to make that clear incase it looks like im defending them. But it's absolutely the case that when the club need some PR, looking for fans to promote their community, travelling to away games etc it's always the same people in the pictures etc.

Then when the fans dare to have any sort of singing, banners, atmosphere etc the club hang them out to dry.

The exact same thing happens across Scottish football. They used pictures of fan displays to promote a game at Hampden. Except at the same time they banned both sets of fans from arranging any type of display. So there you go, use the fans when it suits, blank them and treat them with contempt when it suits.

Back