Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Mcgreggor Tav goldson worrall Halliday ejaria Jack Kent Morelos Candeias and Grezda is the team

That is a very lightweight midfield 3, especially in the conditions against a team who will kick anything that moves.

St Mirren are rank rotten and will camp 10 men in their box but we need to step it up today. Head says a scrappy, hard fought 2-0 but I have a niggly feeling something might click today

Gerrard can't drop a mass of players as he runs the risk of upsetting what form we have shown before. I'd bring in Grezda and Ojaria for Coulibaly and Kent, Kent with Thursday in mind. Keep Halliday at left back and bring back McGregor and go with that.

The rumoured team could easily still just be 4-3-3 with Jack, Ejaria, Arfield behind Grezda, Kent & Morelos. Wouldn’t jump to the 4-2-3-1 conclusion just yet.

The rumoured team could easily still just be 4-3-3 with Jack, Ejaria, Arfield behind Grezda, Kent & Morelos. Wouldn’t jump to the 4-2-3-1 conclusion just yet.
They’re basically the same formations.
2 centre midfielders, 2 wingers and an attacking midfielder off of the lone striker.

It’s your archetypal away match on a shitty day just to ratchet the pressure up another notch.

Not a day or a game for anyone that doesn’t really fancy it.

Plenty pace and creativity in that team going forward. Time to step up and deliver a performance.

Surprised Candeias has been left out unless hes just being rested. Should still be enough to beat St Mirren mind you.

EDIT - just saw above he is injured.

Lafferty not even making the bench today. Strange.

Unless he is injured it doesn't make much sense to me. No striker on the bench if Alfie gets injured or something happens.

Looking forward to seeing Grezda getting a proper run out. Think Candeias needed dropped/rested for a bit.

Dropped surely, might give his all but as a wide player his delivery has been abysmal recently.

Very lightweight looking side, especially with todays weather, cannot afford anymore dropped points or else.............

EDIT - just saw above he is injured.

Lafferty not even making the bench today. Strange.

Unless he is injured it doesn't make much sense to me. No striker on the bench if Alfie gets injured or something happens.

Garry Mac said yesterday he’d picked up a knock, thigh I think.

Worrall keeps his place

Starting to wonder now if there’s been a fallout between Gerrard and Katic

If not, there has to be something in Worralls loan deal about games played as there’s no other logical reason

Worrall keeps his place

If not, there has to be something in Worralls loan deal about games played as there’s no other logical reason

FFS!
Perhaps Gerrard sees both in training every day and feels Warrall is the better player?

Worrall keeps his place

How he keeps getting picked baffles me he is a terrible player .

Back