Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

Just me who is not a fan of Sterling in an advanced right sided position?

To me that position needs a goal threat although tbf there are no alternatives who are.

A better idea than playing him LB mind you. I give Borna 60 mins max then he will be back there anyway

Given our injuries and individuals’ form, that’s probably as good as it gets currently.
3-1 Rangers. Dessers, Cantwell and Tavernier.

Sterling will be far more involved in that position but I hope Barisic bothers his arse. Lundstram too.

Going for 2-0 Rangers, nothing fancy or too fun to watch but job done.

The strongest starting 11 available with players playing in their right positions as opposed to being shoehorned in, just win

So it’s been noticeable that when we play two wingers we are vulnerable to pace at centre half. Team has been chose to to allow us to defend from the front, good decision

I feel for the manager look at what he’s working with.

Need to back him to completely overhaul the squad and maybe even get a talent like Lowry on the straight and narrow

GMPpaRyWMAAFabo
Good team, that.

It's all in our start to the game.
Against Ross County and then again at Dundee I knew within the first minute we were going to struggle.
We can even take it back to the OF game.
Lazy jogging from kick off while the opposition flew out the traps and pressed us high.
Agreed. You can usually tell how the game will go with how we start. When it starts off that slow no intensity sideways and backwards passing you know it's going to be a slog.

I'll crack the jokes.

Barisic/Lundstram/Silva all starting gives me the utter fear.
Don’t watch then, simple. If you’re afraid of watching any Rangers side against St Mirren FFS

Borna is the only fit left back available and silva likewise on the left wing

Just me who is not a fan of Sterling in an advanced right sided position?

To me that position needs a goal threat although tbf there are no alternatives who are.

A better idea than playing him LB mind you. I give Borna 60 mins max then he will be back there anyway

Wouldn't have been against Lawrence or Cantwell playing somewhere in the front 3 with Sterling in midfield ahead of Lundstram.

The left hand side of our team is a disaster waiting to happen yet again some baffling choices by the manager.

Yes we are limited with options but Barisic has been rotten for a while and Silva has been torture outwide.

The interview praises Tav and calls him a top player and huge attacking threat, but its maybe an area Tanser, (left back) thinks he and Kiltie (left winger) can target to get some joy.

Their left back and left winger and hardly going to try and target our left back, are they?

Of course it's where they are going to target in an attacking sense.
Tav was in the SPFL players team of the year again last week (how many times is that now?) yet we're supposed to believe his peers think he's shite.

He has more detractors on here than anywhere else.

We need to win and at least match the goals the mhanks score from here until the next old firm match.
Absolutely mate. Think we can play our part. Gives me the fear Dundee collapsing though and making goal difference practically irrelevant.

Would love to say otherwise but don't think he's the answer either.

I tend to agree.

Should fill the back up berth next season though on the RW and get a feel for if he can kick on.

Seems tidy enough, but not sure he’s a Rangers starter in a title winning team.

I just don’t know if he’ll get the numbers required to be in the front 3.

Hopefully I’m wrong. For definite though, he’s as good as Wright and should be in the squad.

Back