Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - Wednesday 16th - Premier Sports

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
1h52doL.png

Didn't realise they were on such a good run of form.

This could be a tricky one for us, especially as we'll probably make some changes to the team, but as long as our attitude is right we should be fine.

2-0

No complacency, and get ahead as early as possible. It’ll bring them out, and we’ll be too much for them

St Mirren are a very organised side & have been playing well as of late, I think this will a 2-0 goals from a penalty & one off someone’s arse type of match.

Alnwick will probably have the game of his life too :))

Won't even attempt to predict a starting 11, as it's an absolute lottery with the strength of our squad now.
Nobody ever calls it right these days. :))

Tricky game against one of the best defensively organised teams in the league.

They're in decent form and an early goal would be a huge boost.

2-0 to the Teds.

Can't wait for this.
St Mirren will be right up for it but I fancy us to score a few.
3-0 the Queen's eleven

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Expecting to see a number of changes to Sunday’s team, but we should have more than enough to get through to next round.

Keep the momentum going Gers, give us a comfortable victory.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Can't see us making too many changes. massive opportunity for us to win this cup and get that off our back.

I think we might see 3 to 4 maximum, Aribo/Itten/Zungu and perhaps Bassey.

St Mirren are a very organised side & have been playing well as of late, I think this will a 2-0 goals from a penalty & one off someone’s arse type of match.

Alnwick will probably have the game of his life too :))
He's probably been the best keeper in the league outside of our two, I'm a fan.

He's probably been the best keeper in the league outside of our two, I'm a fan.
I would agree mate, few of my mates are St Mirren fans. I said to them in the summer he would be much better than a 30 year old second division Czech keeper.

They didn’t believe me but are starting to come on board, would be surprised if he was still there next season.

Another massive game, any win no injuries and back to league duties at the weekend! Cmon the Rangers

St Boo tend to make it difficult for us in Paisley. Remember last year we won with a Barisic free-kick? Our away games this season domestically have tended in some cases to be close games. 1-0 the Sheep and Killie. Draws at Livvy and Easter Road. 4-0 at County has been the exception rather than the rule, except for Motherwell away. So, although we’ve been totally dominant, like last Sunday at Tannadice, sometimes we make it harder on ourselves. Hence, it will require a couple of goals of a lead to get the heartbeat down. Strangely, I think the goal we lost up at the arabdome may help us to tighten up even more so. As someone wrote above, this our Cup. Let’s win it back.

Mcgregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic

Zungu Davis Aribo

Roofe Itten Kent

Hopefully get a couple of goals up and make some changes. It’s a vital game and think we need to go strong.

One or two personnel changes will not be a handicap. We’ve got a good squad of players all of whom can slot in to the playing/tactical system that’s been worked out in training and further tweaked in competition. We would give anyone a decent game let alone a team from Scotland.
Not being overconfident, just confident. 2 - 0 : Roofe and Arfield (unless Tav wants to bag one of them).

League is top priority but we need to win a trophy so that makes this game vitally important. Expect 2-3 changes with usual squad rotation, 3-1 Rangers. Cedric with a double.

Massive game, we HAVE to win this cup it will spur us on the finish the rest. 2/3 changes tops cagey 0-2 with us getting the 2nd late.

Been leathering it down in Renfrewshire overnight and rain expected to continue throughout day. Wouldn’t be surprised given St Mirren track record of not taking precautions if this game is off later on.

Never have it easy away to St.Mirren and tonight will be no different.

Is the draw for the semi-finals taking place just after the game ?

Vitally important that we get an early goal and build on that to put the tie to bed.

The St Boo game plan will be keep it tight and play for the draw. I am assuming that this will go to extra time and penalties should it be a draw.

Too many people getting taken in by assuming we will win every game easy and not taking the opposition seriously. You have to earn respect by taking each game as it comes and not getting complacent.

H
St Boo tend to make it difficult for us in Paisley. Remember last year we won with a Barisic free-kick? Our away games this season domestically have tended in some cases to be close games. 1-0 the Sheep and Killie. Draws at Livvy and Easter Road. 4-0 at County has been the exception rather than the rule, except for Motherwell away. So, although we’ve been totally dominant, like last Sunday at Tannadice, sometimes we make it harder on ourselves. Hence, it will require a couple of goals of a lead to get the heartbeat down. Strangely, I think the goal we lost up at the arabdome may help us to tighten up even more so. As someone wrote above, this our Cup. Let’s win it back.
How many contradictions in one post?!

This is another one of those building up terrible opposition to be a mammoth task posts.

Vitally important that we get an early goal and build on that to put the tie to bed.

The St Boo game plan will be keep it tight and play for the draw. I am assuming that this will go to extra time and penalties should it be a draw.

Too many people getting taken in by assuming we will win every game easy and not taking the opposition seriously. You have to earn respect by taking each game as it comes and not getting complacent.
I disagree, too many people making out every team we play are the second coming of the great Brazil team.

Back