Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - Wednesday 16th - Premier Sports

Been leathering it down in Renfrewshire overnight and rain expected to continue throughout day. Wouldn’t be surprised given St Mirren track record of not taking precautions if this game is off later on.

Constant rain looks to be changing to intermittent showers as the day goes on.

Will be playable, but another heavy pitch, just like Dingwall and Tannadice.

Tough match. They are on a 9/10 game unbeaten run & that included beating & drawing with the sheep.

A one goal victory with no injuries & suspensions & ill be delighted.

Anyone after that we get on the big Hampden pitch.

Must be strange for St Mirren playing at home without the boos of the crowd to drive them on.

Hopefully I’ll be back later tonight with the Takin’ Care of Business pic. Just do it Rangers.

I've never seen a good game of football at St Mirren Park or whatever they're calling it today. Small pitch and everyone behind the ball so little space and has usually taken something special like Borna's freekick or Candieas' wind assisted cross into the top corner to break the deadlock.

0-2

The closer we're getting to winning something the more nervous I get for the games, I had the fear over the Falkirk game in the last round!

We will be better this game I felt after the game in Europe we were still a bit sluggish but even then bar what I thought was an offside cross for their goal we controlled the match.
I think for me it's the nerves now that makes the matches seem harder.

I expect a couple of changes for tonight. McLaughlin, Aribo and Itten (the last being a given following Alfies suspension), maybe Bassey for Borna and Helander for Balogun too.
They will be combatative for periods of the game but Im going for a steady 2-0 win for the Rangers

Think it will be a fairly close scoreline. They are unbeaten in 9 and have not let in many goals in that period. They will be set up with 10 men behind the ball and it could be very frustrating.

Can't see them creating much, if anything. Get an early goal so they are forced to open up a bit.

The longer we go without a bad result the more we will fear getting one. So I understand the concern.
4-0 to us though...:)

It could be another tough match but we have been remarkable this season.

Kent to have a stormer and rip the boo boys defence to bits, scoring 1 and setting up another in a 0-3 win - based on Love Will Tear Us Apart coming on first on my playlist this afternoon.

Is the game available on RTV for oversees fans?
Haven’t had to use the travelling method so far this year between season ticket access, Sky and BT.

Personally I think this is arguably our biggest game of the season so far and will also be one of the most awkward.

St Mirren are no pushovers at home, are on a decent run and knocked out the sheep. Goodwin will have them bang up for it no doubt.

Hopefully we blow them away early doors.

Come on Rangers!!!!

Will take any win. Think St Mirren will be quite stubborn, hope Aribo is onto one tonight.

Just realised it's probably going to be Rory Hamilton on commentary tonight....

Hoping for a good win tonight though it won't be easy.
3-0 with Cedric Itten grabbing at least 1 goal.
Let's go

Back