Stadium Upgrades

The current obsession with banners everywhere is frustrating. Money that should've been spent on cleaning and replacement. The cladding at both ends is half done and the main stand roof is a state.

as others have said the banners are decent but they look horrible against the mingin concrete and brick work. seen on twitter as well apparently their is ighting rigs going in behind the banners?
Hmmm interesting. Think I'll reserve judgement then until I see it all lit up in the evening.

In that case then there must have been Tims half-assing the job. It wouldn't be like them, right enough.

Sand blasting or paint, whatever is the best solution. A few protestant shoulders to the wheel should address the eyesore on our home.

I can guarantee you I could get that off with my wee kercher . It just hasn’t been done . Whoever it is running wild with banners in our stadium needs told to stop , it’s chronic and if someone doesn’t put an end to it the stadium will resemble a Rug market in Marrakesh by the time our 150th comes around .

The power washing ha
I can guarantee you I could get that off with my wee kercher . It just hasn’t been done . Whoever it is running wild with banners in our stadium needs told to stop , it’s chronic and if someone doesn’t put an end to it the stadium will resemble a Rug market in Marrakesh by the time our 150th comes around .
it has been power washed, it needs painted at the very least .

Looks to me they're changing the new banners to something with the new Rangers Typography and rangers blue and red colour.

I know I’m getting old when I find myself bordering on agreeing with those who complain about parts of the stadium being manky.

It was the picture we put out the other day of the view going up the steps to the directors box and the steps themselves were filthy.

Replacing the old banners with new, no big deal.

iyV2PaJ.png
I think that's a slight improvement because the old banners looked rubbish anyway. Also does everything have to be blue? In this country and on our stadium a bit of a lighter colour would do nicely I think. A lighter blue or a white background. Dark blue and red doesn't look great on a red brick stadium in my opinion.

:))

Couldn't help but laugh chief.

And I suspect rugs in Marrakesh are more classy than the gaudy tat being hung all over the gaff in our name.

I know I’m getting old when I find myself bordering on agreeing with those who complain about parts of the stadium being manky.

It was the picture we put out the other day of the view going up the steps to the directors box and the steps themselves were filthy.

Im hoping against hope that the moss growing on the dugout roofs and rust has been dealt with . I had the same feeling as you looking at it . Doesn’t take an expert or money to remove it , just time and a bit of elbow grease .

I’m sure thats in the Viz Roger Mellie Profanasaurus

Would LED screens be an option for the gaps? I know massive screens can require planning permission
[/QUOTE]

LED screens would be great if it is possible.
More advertising space around the ground.

The lack of proper cleaning on the grey concrete sections on the stands is dumbfounding. A complete eyesore and makes any 'sprucing up' of other parts pretty ineffective.
How many times this has to be posted including photos I don’t know but it’s been trialed, various methods, and none have worked. The type of concrete it is I am not surprised.

Definitely needs a coat of paint that concrete at the Copland. They’ve power washed it for ages but that’s the way it is now.

I know it's hardly a priority, but always wondered why they put the "proper" gates at the Broomloan end when the Club Deck was built, would love to see them back in their rightful spot at the Copland Road end of the ground!
I would imagine most people arriving at the stadium would pass those gates first

I know it's hardly a priority, but always wondered why they put the "proper" gates at the Broomloan end when the Club Deck was built, would love to see them back in their rightful spot at the Copland Road end of the ground!
Couldn’t agree more mate, the original gates should be where they belong at the Copland Road end.

new seats all the same shade of blue would make such a difference

As much as I agree, I cant see it, I've no idea how much a seat is - a quick look around the net suggests about £50 a seat (Heavy duty version >£100, even with a bulk order of 40000 and a conservative price thats probably still over £1m.
I wouldn't be against someone like castore putting their name across the SJ seats and replacing them all though, could be a good option.

Coincidentally, when looking around I found the mob that made our dugout seats - A snip at £700 quid each before options.

Back