Standard Liege fans forum reaction to the game against us

Gazrfc

It's that time again, I had a struggle making an account on their forum but I got there in the end, even came across a fellow bear on there posting asking if there's any way he can get tickets to the game :D

"Are in the lead with 9 wins & 2 draws. Last Saturday rival Celtic beaten 2-0. Beyond 2 EL matches Willem II (0-4) and Galatasaray (2-1) eliminated. My point is clear I guess?"

"You got it;) Ex-Standard target Hagi did not leave the bank on Saturday, but apparently has a good chance of starting on Thursday."

"As a supporter of Rangers, the only club I follow after Standard of course, a few comments. Players to keep an eye on: Alfredo Morelos a first class troublemaker who scores easily. Their captain James Tavernier who always takes care of the right flank and has a very good cross. Midfielder Joe Aribo who I am amazed is still playing in Scotland. It is too good for that competition. But the one that struck me the most during the match against Celtic was Ryan Kent, a 23-year-old winger who keeps switching sides, has a lot of speed and can easily pass a man. Another point to note is that like most Scottish teams, they are very strong on still phases. But normally in our current form we have to be able to handle them at home. I hope Jackson can play with us because they lack speed at the back. COYR. Damn it, but hopefully we can still travel to Glasgow in December. The Pot Still is a must for anyone who likes some firewater ..."

"Surely fear for the tandem Barisic-Kent on the left. Rangers are just a strong squad. But we have already beat better teams on our own field."

"What a sadness not to play this poster in the normal context, the stadium would have been full. The rangers are moving in numbers"

"We're going to put them in the cupboard, scottish" (personal favourite):p

"The rangers mark alot and quickly, and cash very little, they are at the top. A draw will be a good result"

"The rangers remain a mythical club with a typical British football, we will have to be more than physically present to beat them"

"The cork Standard isn't really strong, the Rangers will beat it by 1-3"

Do they speak a strange dialect of French in Liege? The translations are usually a bit more coherent than that :))

Isn't it funny (maybe funny isn't the right word) that every club across Europe and their support have nothing but respect for us yet in Scotland we are treated like utter garbage.

Another positive result tonight, Rangers.
I think the saying is....”You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time.” Abraham Lincoln.

No one puts Rangers in the cupboard!
Gutting myself at this! Imagining the bold Patrick Swayze in the dressing room before kick off...

TP4M.gif

Lot of respect and knowledge from their fans there hopefully be a good game of football between two good evenly matched sides

Hahaha brilliant.

Liege are a proper club with a good history. It's a shame there won't be many fans in the ground tonight as the atmosphere would have been cracking.

Don't think I've ever seen such a steep stand as the one they have behind the goals.

Their rivals Charleroi used to have an even steeper one, think Valencia's Mestalla stadium levels.

Back