Standard Liege fans forum reaction to the game against us

The SL on H&H interview with James said they will have 7000 fans inside tonight

After this game they are back to BCD games

Given the volume of Covid all over Belgium I’d have thought BCD was a better option given the state they are in with the virus

I hope all the players get through the game safely health wise and management team too

We're favourites for a reason. Think all Standard fans would rip your arm off for a draw .

I can only see a 2 or 3 -0 Rangers win

Ideally this group is great if we were allowed to travel. Handy destinations and I can only imagine good relationships with the other sets of fans etc. Mutual respect.

Gutting myself at this! Imagining the bold Patrick Swayze in the dressing room before kick off...

TP4M.gif

I wouldn’t have put wee Jennifer Grey in the cupboard either.

There is also a German speaking part of Belgium quite close to Liege. They would have quite a few German speaking fans as well.

They speak French with a bit of an accent. Liege is in Wallonia, the French speaking part of Belgium. Was there a couple of years ago, got a mate who stays there. Nice city, great bars, amazing beers.
Do they speak a strange dialect of French in Liege? The translations are usually a bit more coherent than that :))

There is also a German speaking part of Belgium quite close to Liege. They would have quite a few German speaking fans as well.
Its very close to the Dutch and German borders so youll probably get people speaking French, Dutch, German. Flanders is just to the north so i would expect some Flemish as well.

Was on a train going through Netherlands-Belgium border towns and heard a guy on the phone speaking fluent Flemish. Its so weird. Its like the first time i heard someone speaking Norwegian, it doesnt sound like they were saying anything and it was incoherent noises.

Tonight will be a tough game, the list of teams theyve played during their 6 year unbeaten home European run is impressive.

Its very close to the Dutch and German borders so youll probably get people speaking French, Dutch, German. Flanders is just to the north so i would expect some Flemish as well.

Was on a train going through Netherlands-Belgium border towns and heard a guy on the phone speaking fluent Flemish. Its so weird. Its like the first time i heard someone speaking Norwegian, it doesnt sound like they were saying anything and it was incoherent noises.

Tonight will be a tough game, the list of teams theyve played during their 6 year unbeaten home European run is impressive.

To be fair, that's like me hearing Scottish people talk to each other for the first time.
I understand English just fine, but that was something else.

To be fair, that's like me hearing Scottish people talk to each other for the first time.
I understand English just fine, but that was something else.
Foreigners trying to understand something like a rough Glasgow accent using slang or some people from the very north of Scotland must be near impossible at times. Theres some Scottish people i have trouble understanding.

A strong Northern Ireland accent is tough as well.

It's that time again, I had a struggle making an account on their forum but I got there in the end, even came across a fellow bear on there posting asking if there's any way he can get tickets to the game :D

"Are in the lead with 9 wins & 2 draws. Last Saturday rival Celtic beaten 2-0. Beyond 2 EL matches Willem II (0-4) and Galatasaray (2-1) eliminated. My point is clear I guess?"

"You got it;) Ex-Standard target Hagi did not leave the bank on Saturday, but apparently has a good chance of starting on Thursday."

"As a supporter of Rangers, the only club I follow after Standard of course, a few comments. Players to keep an eye on: Alfredo Morelos a first class troublemaker who scores easily. Their captain James Tavernier who always takes care of the right flank and has a very good cross. Midfielder Joe Aribo who I am amazed is still playing in Scotland. It is too good for that competition. But the one that struck me the most during the match against Celtic was Ryan Kent, a 23-year-old winger who keeps switching sides, has a lot of speed and can easily pass a man. Another point to note is that like most Scottish teams, they are very strong on still phases. But normally in our current form we have to be able to handle them at home. I hope Jackson can play with us because they lack speed at the back. COYR. Damn it, but hopefully we can still travel to Glasgow in December. The Pot Still is a must for anyone who likes some firewater ..."

"Surely fear for the tandem Barisic-Kent on the left. Rangers are just a strong squad. But we have already beat better teams on our own field."

"What a sadness not to play this poster in the normal context, the stadium would have been full. The Rangers are moving in numbers"

"We're going to put them in the cupboard, scottish" (personal favourite):p

"The Rangers mark alot and quickly, and cash very little, they are at the top. A draw will be a good result"

"The Rangers remain a mythical club with a typical British football, we will have to be more than physically present to beat them"

"The cork Standard isn't really strong, the Rangers will beat it by 1-3"
Pot Still aye I wish it was open as well Vome December we'll be in tier 101 of lovkdown

It's that time again, I had a struggle making an account on their forum but I got there in the end, even came across a fellow bear on there posting asking if there's any way he can get tickets to the game :D

"Are in the lead with 9 wins & 2 draws. Last Saturday rival Celtic beaten 2-0. Beyond 2 EL matches Willem II (0-4) and Galatasaray (2-1) eliminated. My point is clear I guess?"

"You got it;) Ex-Standard target Hagi did not leave the bank on Saturday, but apparently has a good chance of starting on Thursday."

"As a supporter of Rangers, the only club I follow after Standard of course, a few comments. Players to keep an eye on: Alfredo Morelos a first class troublemaker who scores easily. Their captain James Tavernier who always takes care of the right flank and has a very good cross. Midfielder Joe Aribo who I am amazed is still playing in Scotland. It is too good for that competition. But the one that struck me the most during the match against Celtic was Ryan Kent, a 23-year-old winger who keeps switching sides, has a lot of speed and can easily pass a man. Another point to note is that like most Scottish teams, they are very strong on still phases. But normally in our current form we have to be able to handle them at home. I hope Jackson can play with us because they lack speed at the back. COYR. Damn it, but hopefully we can still travel to Glasgow in December. The Pot Still is a must for anyone who likes some firewater ..."

"Surely fear for the tandem Barisic-Kent on the left. Rangers are just a strong squad. But we have already beat better teams on our own field."

"What a sadness not to play this poster in the normal context, the stadium would have been full. The Rangers are moving in numbers"

"We're going to put them in the cupboard, scottish" (personal favourite):p

"The Rangers mark alot and quickly, and cash very little, they are at the top. A draw will be a good result"

"The Rangers remain a mythical club with a typical British football, we will have to be more than physically present to beat them"

"The cork Standard isn't really strong, the Rangers will beat it by 1-3"
Went onto a Standard Liege forum to see if there was any info on tickets and saw the newest member of the forum was 'GazWATP' so was fully expecting this thread! :))

Canny wait for this one. A few of us from Lux have got tickets, we leave in just over an hour!!
Superb mate, enjoy! Out of curiosity, how did you manage to get round the membership thing to buy tickets? We considered it flying via Germany to avoid quarantine, but couldn't find any way round it whatsoever and didn't want to travel ticket-less.

Superb mate, enjoy! Out of curiosity, how did you manage to get round the membership thing to buy tickets? We considered it flying via Germany to avoid quarantine, but couldn't find any way round it whatsoever and didn't want to travel ticket-less.
There’s a Standard Liege supporters club in Lux mate, got our tickets via them.

Actually have a spare if anyone is in Leige and looking for one.

hopefully we don't rotate/rest ......Europa league takes in more cash than SPFL/Sc Cup and sc lge cup combined
Winning the league is far more important than cash and im convinced the team will change slightly tonight anyway.

We have a strong squad and the team selected won't be weak.

There’s a Standard Liege supporters club in Lux mate, got our tickets via them.

Actually have a spare if anyone is in Leige and looking for one.
Ffs, should've booked they flights now! Think there were a few guys on the thread last week about a crowd being permitted heading over, so you'll probably get it shifted to a bear.

How did the lad get on asking about tickets?
I’m 80 mins away and still thinking about blagging it and going in high viz with the badges etc! Lol

How did the lad get on asking about tickets?
I’m 80 mins away and still thinking about blagging it and going in high viz with the badges etc! Lol
They liege fans were kinda grilling him saying why would we want to spare you a ticket when we only have 3250 in total haha

I'd be gutted to get us as a pot 3 side.

Love how Gerrard dealt with the question in the presser too saying the pots don't lie with a cheeky grin on his face.

The SL on H&H interview with James said they will have 7000 fans inside tonight

After this game they are back to BCD games

Given the volume of Covid all over Belgium I’d have thought BCD was a better option given the state they are in with the virus

I hope all the players get through the game safely health wise and management team too
It’s an interesting point. I wouldn’t handle a ball thrown back in from the crowd. Not because I’m afraid of dying but just wouldn’t want to end up with players missing future matches.

Back