Steve Davis and Kevin Thomson

I’ll be honest, I don’t doubt Kevin Thomson has ability but a lot of the stuff he says at events etc is crowd-pleasing guff.

“Second isnae good enough here”

* rapturous applause*

Ah the good old ‘he knows what it means’ argument.

Funnily enough, doesn’t make you the best person for the job.
I would imagine any impressionable teenager at the club could only take positives from being educated by 2 model pros who played for the club

At that age attitude and application are key and why so many young players end up pissing their careers against the wall

These 2 would soon suss out those who have a future.

I suspect the coaching would be good too given the managers they have played under

Ah the good old ‘he knows what it means’ argument.

Funnily enough, doesn’t make you the best person for the job.

No, but it helps. Alongside his previous coaching experience, I can’t think of many who are better suited for the role.

No idea if true or not but if we’re not going to go out and scout the very best coaches from across the world (which we should be doing IMO) then two very recent ex-players that strike me as more thoughtful than most is as good an option as any!

If they are actually running it they will require good admin staff supporting them to get their ideas put into action.

Where we are in the food chain I’m a big advocate of a Liverpool boot room style so makes sense to me.
Remember Kevin has set up his own academy business from scratch. He’s not wet behind the ears, Michael Beale will be having input into that structure, so whomever is appointed then a very well respected career coach will be endorsing their credentials from his perspective which is he needs first team supplies from them!

I’ll be honest, I don’t doubt Kevin Thomson has ability but a lot of the stuff he says at events etc is crowd-pleasing guff.

* rapturous applause*
I know what you mean, it is quite noticeable. I do however think that, in coaching, messaging is crucial in developing the proper mentality in players. Sport is jammed full of cliches and it seems to be that it is the repetition of simple messages that linger in the mind

Edit: I’m probably saying this as I can still hum the bloody Man U “Pass and Move” song from mid 90s and it still sticks in my head during 5s

No idea if true or not but if we’re not going to go out and scout the very best coaches from across the world (which we should be doing IMO) then two very recent ex-players that strike me as more thoughtful than most is as good an option as any!

If they are actually running it they will require good admin staff supporting them to get their ideas put into action.

Where we are in the food chain I’m a big advocate of a Liverpool boot room style so makes sense to me.
You can put the best coaches in the world in the acadamy but if we are not scouting the best youths at least in Scotland then it is also throwing money down the drain.

Why is KT so highly regarded as a coach and if he is why has nobody ever offered him a decent job?

Not a dig in any regard but an honest question.
Maybe those who didn’t offer him a job don’t regard him as a decent coach.

It’s the same as asking why Gerrard was never snapped up before he joined us, or why Postecoglu never came to Europe before Celtic.

* rapturous applause*
That’s not exclusive to KT.

Souness, the 9 in a row team and even Walter trotted out the same lines time after time because they knew it’s what a load of pissed up 45 year olds wanted to hear.

I’m not totally surprised but not a fan of jobs for the boys.
If he’s a credible candidate rather than a Hall of Famer then fair enough
That’s exactly my take on it.

Got a lot of respect for what both have contributed as players.

However, if you are looking at it objectively you’ve got a guy with zero coaching experience and another guy who has a bit experience but has struggled to get a job since he left Kelty Hearts.

On paper that doesn’t scream running the academy.

Kt has experience running academy's
He has no experience running the type of academy we have. Our academy head has a massive remit
His academy is him making money coaching kids. If he’s so good, then let him coach our kids.
Too many on here comparing his academy to our academy, when they are totally different.
We need start recruiting the best people for the jobs.

He has no experience running the type of academy we have. Our academy head has a massive remit
His academy is him making money coaching kids. If he’s so good, then let him coach our kids.
Too many on here comparing his academy to our academy, when they are totally different.
We need start recruiting the best people for the jobs.

That's a really good point.

Fair.

Give him a job at our academy but not to run it

Personally I don’t care what anyone has done for Rangers in the past when it comes to coaching.
I’d like us to get away from that mentality and bring the correct people in.
So who are the right people? I don’t know but let’s get away from this shite that youngsters need to know what it’s like to play for Rangers from past players. It means nothing nowadays to that generation.
This is coming from someone that believes that Beale is the wrong man.
I want a multi-billionaire takeover at our club. I couldn’t give a fck if it costs us 3 grand for a season ticket and mygers members continue to complain. Living down south for years then you get tired of these fckn diddy clubs getting richer.
Let’s join in and take control. Billionaire takeover is the way forward :cool:

The filth done their homework and created a motorway through the commonwealth games.
We got lazy and expected.
Let’s create a stadium away from Ibrox that has access all areas.
Remember when the Govan stand was built? It brought in a lazy support. Rangers supporters that you never met at away games.
We have an embarrassment of the subway loyal. We have a corner not even on television that the UB gather.
Many years ago our club got lazy and a cnt with no legs used a system that brought players to our club.
We have a tradition like no other club but if we don’t wake up then we’ll forever be 2nd in Scotland

The filth done their homework and created a motorway through the commonwealth games.
Remember when the Govan stand was built? It brought in a lazy support. Rangers supporters that you never met at away games.
We have an embarrassment of the subway loyal. We have a corner not even on television that the UB gather.
Many years ago our club got lazy and a cnt with no legs used a system that brought players to our club.
We have a tradition like no other club but if we don’t wake up then we’ll forever be 2nd in Scotland
Wot

Bag of cans in the garden the day mate?

Remind me what the Ceri Bowley done when here, i heard a long interview with him him once and was thinking wtf is this guy on, he did not half talk some shite.

And let that be a lesson. This is why you shouldn’t post on FF after a day in the sun full of Vodka :cool:
Ffs I can’t believe I typed that. I’m leaving it up to teach myself a lesson :))

Ah we’ve all done it. :D
I still wake up screaming from that time I said we should sign David Gray of Hibs.

Why is KT so highly regarded as a coach and if he is why has nobody ever offered him a decent job?

Not a dig in any regard but an honest question.
Whilst at Kelty he was constantly whoring himself out for other joba which rubbed a lot of folk up the wrong way. Add to that he's never out of the press I can see why a lot of chairman wouldn't be too keen

Back