Steven Davis

Blue Lew

I realise I will be shot down in flames because he is untouchable on here but he needs dropped.
1-0 up, has two players in on goal, he held onto it far too long and in fairness took the right decision but his pass was ridiculously heavy.
He then put McGregor under pressure after a terrible pass back which led to pressure and the goal.
It’s happening more and more for him at the moment and he never seems to get dug up but I’m sure I will for daring to criticise him.

I realise I will be shot down in flames because he is untouchable on here but he needs dropped.
1-0 up, has two players in on goal, he held onto it far too long and in fairness took the right decision but his pass was ridiculously heavy.
He then put McGregor under pressure after a terrible pass back which led to pressure and the goal.
It’s happening more and more for him at the moment and he never seems to get dug up but I’m sure I will for daring to criticise him.
In all fairness he shouldn't be asked to play week in week out by the management

You deserve to be shot down for that take.

He was nowhere near the worst performer out there in the last 30 minutes.

When Davis eventually leaves us we will struggle to replace him. Same for McGregor in goals.
I didn’t say he was the worst player did I? He was a major part of us not going 2 ahead and then minutes later putting us under pressure which led us to concede.
He’s miles away from the player he was in the seconds half of last season.

It's one season too many.

He was declining last year in terms of stats but it didn't show in terms of results and performance. This season his stats are through the floor and his mistakes are costing the team.

We clearly brought in Lundstram to be Davis replacement. Davis decided to stay on and is being picked every single game when his form and performances have been poor. Lundstram has been forced to play somewhere else in the side and he's been consistently poor.

Said it before in an ideal world he’d be playing about 75% of the games he currently is.

Injuries and signing players who either haven’t been up to it or yet to get up to speed and meaning we’re playing him more than I think we’d like to.

It's one season too many.

He was declining last year in terms of stats but it didn't show in terms of results and performance. This season his stats are through the floor and his mistakes are costing the team.

We clearly brought in Lundstram to be Davis replacement. Davis decided to stay on and is being picked every single game when his form and performances have been poor. Lundstram has been forced to play somewhere else in the side and he's been consistently poor.
He’s been poor so hasn’t claimed the jersey, not the other way round.

I didn’t say he was the worst player did I? He was a major part of us not going 2 ahead and then minutes later putting us under pressure which led us to concede.
He’s miles away from the player he was in the seconds half of last season.
No you didn't but why pick him out amongst the others Kamara has been below poor. Wright was poor after the first half. Roofe missed a sitter. Aribo was excellent up until his final ball. Simpson was poor at the goal. Sakala - goal aside - was all effort and zero composure...

Few for you to choose from there!

You’re right.

Spot on. Within a minute he fucked up twice. Firstly messing up what should have been our 2nd goal and then, as you say, a ridiculously hard passback that caused Shagger problems from which he hurriedly kicked out for the shy that 'well equalised from.

Love Davis, but he has played almost non stop since New Year, give him a rest. Were we wrong thinking young Kelly got all those minutes pre-season as Davis' understudy (probably so, expect Lundstrum will deputise for Davis on Wednesday).

We’re absolutely running him into the ground because his our only midfielder playing well, apart from maybe Hagi.

We should not be relying on someone his age to be doing everything for us.

You deserve to be shot down for that take.

He was nowhere near the worst performer out there in the last 30 minutes.

When Davis eventually leaves us we will struggle to replace him. Same for McGregor in goals.
That’s most likely true. However, his performance today was poor by his standards.

I also happen to think that he misses Hagi being on the pitch.

Agreed. He has been off form but so has the whole team.

But...still top of the league :)
You probably won’t read this again on here today, but if you’d have offered my a 4 point lead over the filth at this point in the season I’d have jumped at it.

Its real bad management that Gerrard who should know better having (I think) retired earlier has Davis in every single game.

He is being overplayed and its showing, this is the same with McGregor.

No you didn't but why pick him out amongst the others Kamara has been below poor. Wright was poor after the first half. Roofe missed a sitter. Aribo was excellent up until his final ball. Simpson was poor at the goal. Sakala - goal aside - was all effort and zero composure...

Was Simpson playing?:eek:

As much as he was poor in that incident that you mentioned. We only got in that position because he made a great interception to start the attack.

Think I said in the post you are refereeing to that he was instrumental in us not going 2-0 and just as culpable or worse in contributing to the equaliser. He is making mistakes in a lot of games but posters are slaughtered (not accusing you of that) for pointing it.

I also agree with your other points.

He's holding Rangers back. He's been a great servant but we need to blood youth, they need to get the experience that Steve has in abundance.

Hang up your boots Steve.

Well I’ll not shoot you down, I read the thread on Thursday, so to day I kept my eye on him, just now he’s not playing like he’s played for us today. The majority of his passing is back, some side ways and few forward. SG has to realise he’ll have to use him sparingly, and try to find some one to slot in. Sad but his time is coming to an end.

In all fairness he shouldn't be asked to play week in week out by the management

Correct call. Davis has had a very busy spell since the season started and especially over the past 3 weeks with the international games. I appreciate the injury and covid situation but Gerrard should be using his wider squad to give some players a rest.

Back