Steven Fletcher to them agreed - Rhecord

Decent player but we don't need to fear them signing a 33 year old on a free. They've got all that money and Defoe is at least level with him. They could have been much further clear of us if their recruitment was top notch instead of hit and a miss.

If a free transfer 33 year old with an unimpressive goals record in the second tier of English football is the perfect replacement for Edouard, then Sutton can't possibly also say Edouard is worth 40 million!

Unless of course he is a mentally challenged troll mouthpiece.

Knowing the DR, theyve probably jumped the gun with this.

Hope they do sign him though but it will only be to replace their latest dud striker Bayo.

Decent player but we don't need to fear them signing a 33 year old on a free. They've got all that money and Defoe is at least level with him. They could have been much further clear of us if their recruitment was top notch instead of hit and a miss.

Level?

Defoe is on a different stratosphere completely, the 2 don't belong in the same sentence.

Wasn’t there a rumour that Edouard was unwilling to extend his contract ?

Wonder if it’s true & theyre cashing in ?
They need to cash in this window or offer him a big wage boost to keep him happy if they want to keep him next season then he only has a year on his deal and they won't get maximum value for him

Jeezo, that's a Warburton-esque signing if I've ever seen one.

Do they even have a scouting department, or do they just buy players their manager drinks with and/or whoever the CEO's son bumped into that week?

I did like him for a while at Sunderland, but if he’s the level of signing they’re making I‘m not worried at all. Excellent at heading but very sluggish in everything he does. His fitness levels made Defoe look like Mo Farah when they were both here

Sat across from him at Zuccas in EK once. His Mrs is fit as %^*&.

Would have been a decent signing for them 3-4 years ago. Think he is done nowadays.

Klimana, he's £55m after his goal at the weekend. Still linked with Ajeti.

the next lewandowski was what they said when he signed..... now they are bringing in a 33 year old on a free who really wasnt even that good in his prime. not to mention the other 4 strikers they have

Although a Liverpool fan when younger, he runs about with a whole load of big Celtic fans. They will be happy.

They might be the only Celtic fans who are.

Pretend to bid for Toney as a smokescreen to signing an over the hill striker who was never particularly good at his peak :D

Fletcher has never been near Level with Defoe and although 5 years older Defoe is still a level or 2 above him.

Klimana, he's £55m after his goal at the weekend. Still linked with Ajeti.
Klimala is totally unproven at this level - Polish league is below ours.

Ajeti doesn't seem too keen to join them, and given he came through the ranks with Itten, who's gone on to have a better start to his career, I'm certainly not worried.

Our defence will swallow them up. Imagine Big Balogun and Goldson against that polish lad and a 33yo Scottish striker who moves slower than the titanic.

I was hoping they were bringing in the Swiss guy or Toney to replace Edouard but if they bring in Fletcher then Edouard must be staying.

JuanGhuyito2

Back