Steven Gerrard- “I’m open to suggestions”

Laudrup11Cooper

This is a little concerning on two fronts.

Firstly he is right about how bad our discipline record has been this season but does he need to say this in public?

Again has he just thrown Greegsy under the bus to which the media are now describing this as happening with McGregor all the time!
‘He needs anger management!’ etc……

I am not condoning McGregor’s action which seems ridiculous but again is the manager not being too happy to give the media more unnecessary headlines?

I honestly don’t know which way to go with this…

At least give us a clue to what was said, so we can decide for ourselves what to think

You know, the majority of players make it through their whole career without getting red carded for deliberately trying to volley /stud an opponent.

Mcgregor has been done for it multiple times this season - and that's only the times he's acutely been caught. I'd have no problem if Gerrard wanted to literally throw him under a bus right now

Do you believe everything in the media?

It doesn’t matter whether I believe in it or not…I don’t think we need any more negative headlines!

The media are at a frenzy over this and personally I dont like reading this crap and what’s more a headline coming from our own camp!
We have planty of haters out there with there own headlines with us even giving them more!

But mate you may be right.
I am completely ambivalent on this stuff that is why I am open to hearing sensible opinions on this.

Firstly he is right about how bad our discipline record has been this season but does he need to say this in public?

Again has he just thrown Greegsy under the bus to which the media are now describing this as happening with McGregor all the time!

I am not condoning McGregor’s action which seems ridiculous but again is the manager not being too happy to give the media more unnecessary headlines?

AM threw himself underneath whatever was driving past, what part of the incident could SG defend without looking a tool ?

McGregor could have been sent off nearly as many times as Alfie this season, some seem happy to slate Alfie, yet seem to get their knickers in a twist when it comes to people slating McGregor.
He got what he deserved yesterday, and that should be followed up with a hefty fine for his stupidity, he should also be made to publicly apologise to the fans, and his team mates

McGregor threw himself and could have been the team under the bus! It’s indefensible, what exactly is he to say? McGregor has ran a fine line in a few games and it’s not good enough. As for the disciplinary record, facts are fact, it needs to be better. Remember when he’s talking to the press he’s also talking to us as fans and while we know the score with refs we’ve had some avoidable reds and yesterday was one. Before we play them too, Fod is not the best IMO.

We've had 12 red cards this season. Some undeserved for sure but others for acts of utter boneheadedness and stupidity. McGregor got punished for his actions at Pittodrie and it seems to have no effect. Yesterday was simply unaccepetable from him and now we're missing him from an Old Firm game thanks to his selfishness.

What do you expect Gerrard to do ? Condone it ?

McGregor's behaviour yesterday to get himself sent off was very poor and he needed called out for it. I am sure Gerrard has tried speaking to the players directly. I am sure he's had team meetings where he's called out the issue of keeping your head and being smart.

McGregor decided he couldn't be arsed listening to any of it and got himself sent off for doing something stupid. Perhaps putting it out there is exactly what McGregor needed. In fact, he probably could be doing with hearing just how stupid a lot of fans think he had been.

He's been having wee kick outs at people all season and it was about time he got pulled up for it. Perhaps now he'll think about it. Doubt it but perhaps.

Far too good a goalie and important a player for him to be doing stupid things like that. Also, he's far too long in the tooth to be doing it.

At least give us a clue to what was said, so we can decide for ourselves what to think

Gerrard said he is open to suggestions from anywhere …after McGregor’s sending off how to fix the players indiscipline.
Hence the media frenzy to now highlight our indiscipline but also the fact that our manager in his own words doesn’t know how to fix it!

McGregor threw his manager under the bus acting like a clown yesterday
This^

SG will have players backs but hes showing thats not going to be blind. If we get a pen’ and he disagrees he’ll say. If one of our players acts stupidly he’ll say. Its two-way - you protect me and i’ll protect you.

The manager has backed and praised McGregor to the hilt this season and is rightly pissed off that one of his senior pros has kicked him in the balls like this.

Gerrard said he is open to suggestions from anywhere …after McGregor’s sending off how to fix the players indiscipline.
Hence the media frenzy to now highlight our indiscipline but also the fact that our manager in his own words doesn’t know how to fix it!
Cheers
Sounds a bit like frustration.

Probably you are right mate …but is the gaffer being too honest?

So what is he meant to say?

“Allan did nothing wrong and he didn’t deserve the red”

I think we’d all have an issue with him saying that.

He’s backed the players when they’ve earned it and needed it but this isn’t the first time that McGregor has kicked out this season - how is the manager supposed to defend him?

AM threw himself underneath whatever was driving past, what part of the incident could SG defend without looking a tool ?

This isn’t just about yesterday’s incident it’s possibly about the other 11 red cards aswell?

But is he right to admit in public he doesnt know how to fix the problem?

Shagger threw himself under a tank yesterday all on his own.
Still love the mad fuker.

Love Stevie also and his honesty that goes with it. That's the way our Gaffer is fuking deal with it!!??
He won't change! Nor will Shagger!
But their both OURS*

I love Greegs however he needs a boot in the plumbs for his stupidity.

I think that Morelos, and to a lesser extent McGregor, do not give our manger the respect he should get. Morelos have been sent off needlessly this season too many times because he thinks he's being a wee fly man. How many times has he been sent off for a wild tackle ?
5 red cards--fly kick, 2 dissent yellow cards, yellow card for a swinging arm, slight stamp when ball away, flying arm. Nobody injured so he's not a dirty wee player. I was at Tynecastle where he and Berra kicked each other for 90 minutes and he took every foul against him without complaint.
McGregor is just an angry man who moans at the referee lots during the game. SG should tell him to stfu and keep his temper.

maybe if he callled out the refs after every game we wouldnt have auch a bad discipline record

This isn’t just about yesterday’s incident it’s possibly about the other 11 red cards aswell?

How do you fix a problem like what AM did yesterday? It is virtually impossible to even start to understand it so how can you possibly fix it?

The game wasn't a stormy affair that there was retribution being dished out left, right and centre. It's not even as though McNulty was all that near him as he kicked the ball out.

Jesus I was thinking this was going to be about the guard of honor

Ok now that I got that off my chest

What McGregor did was indefensible. It was one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen a senior pro do. It's up there with Cantona and Zindane!

Shagger threw himself under a tank yesterday all on his own.
Still love the mad fuker.

Love Stevie also and his honesty that goes with it. That's the way our Gaffer is fuking deal with it!!??
He won't change! Nor will Shagger!
But their both OURS*

‘Fuking deal with it?’
Classy mate!

I agree CC but who is he asking help from?

His players, he can do no more. He's probably spoken to them on numerous occasions, he's probably gone through them.

If they keep on acting like how Morelos and McGregor have in recent weeks then he needs to start hitting them harder. Fine them and drop them from the team completely. If they don't learn from that then move them on.

The media need reminded of their silence over Craig Gordon's various Kung Fu kicks on opponents, which by the way, went unpunished.

The referee dealt with it. The manager has agreed its the right decision. End of story.

Agree with this McGregor was an idiot and as kicks to an opponent go it was hardly likely to hurt or injure his opponent but it was a red card all day long and for an experienced player he should know better.

However the post quoted is spot on and sums up how the Mhedia in this country is silenced and toes the party line with all things Mhank
Gordon twice ran out of the box assaulted players kicking one in the head if I remember and no red card shown for either if my memory serves correctly

We need to wise up and stop the fucking nonsense , I still believe Morelos has been unfairly treated at times this season but even then there have been times he needs to be a bit more cute.

Morelos is young and hopefully will learn .

McGregor should know better , it was silly in the extreme , now time to let Gerrard deal with it and move on .

I’m sure he knows exactly how to fix the problem and will do now the season all but over, I would imagine he is going to have many one on ones and a few including the players who received the stupid red cards won’t like what they’re told.

McGregor, as one of the senior players in the squad should not be aiming fly kicks at opponents. He doesnt need to - seconds before that he pulled off another World Class save. He is the best goalie in Scotland by a country mile. Sort out your demons Shagger.

Be sure to let us all know once you've decided, will you?

If we fart and an opponent smells it, the compliance officer is in there like phuck. That Greegs thought he’d get away with that is simply baffling.

Back