Steven Gerrard

The last eight years of pain have taught me to never take anything for granted but the position we are in could not be healthier.

I always felt that given time and backing, Gerrard would come good.

Let’s hope the season continues in the same vein, starting with securing qualification for the last 32 on Thursday night.

I know I’m the one that wants to wait until we’re past new year before really letting myself believe but it’s getting more and more difficult to suppress the inner belief that’s desperately trying to get out. And I have to say, as much as I’d rather suppress it until after new year I’m starting to fall in love with Gerrard big time. The way he’s got us playing just now, the refusal to get carried away, the focus he’s keeping, the way he’s conducting himself and most of all the way he’s recruited - all absolutely first rate. If he and the captain can keep this going special things are going to happen for us.

What a fecking day!
I know what your trying to say in a diplomatic way mate - for me it’s as written in the stars , what ever that actually means.
To me, we are winning this league hands down, and I know that there will be bumps along the way.
However come May, and indeed beforehand we will be top of the pile they know it, and so does everyone else.
We’ll be crowned champions and deservedly so - I understand all the don’t count your chickens Etc.
Not this time though. We’re on our way.

PS wish I’d stayed off the red wine.

I know I’m the one that wants to wait until we’re past new year before really letting myself believe but it’s getting more and more difficult to suppress the inner belief that’s desperately trying to get out. And I have to say, as much as I’d rather suppress it until after new year I’m starting to fall in love with Gerrard big time. The way he’s got us playing just now, the refusal to get carried away, the focus he’s keeping, the way he’s conducting himself and most of all the way he’s recruited - all absolutely first rate. If he and the captain can keep this going special things are going to happen for u

"they"ve been tucked up while we've been cleaning up"

There’s something really special going on at our club just now. While we are always proud to be a Ranger and that will NEVER change..... Gerrard has got us proud of the team again. Every player is playing out of their skin and the clean sheets are absolutely incredible.

Another thing about this Rangers team. It’s the best side I can remember in terms of European football. I know we reached a UEFA Cup Final but that was largely back to the wall football and a wee bit of luck along the way.

Now we’re going toe-to-toe with some big European names and coming out on top. In the next round of the Europa League I wouldn’t fear anyone.

I’m loving the way everything just seems routine nd no one at the team is getting excited!

No more screaming down cameras just quiet respectful knowledge that we are back and we are the people!

We on the other hand are going mental but I feel that is truly justified. Said to the wife earlier I’ve had 8 long years o this push and I’m gonna glory in it every minute I get!

Let’s Go!

I remember going back and forth with yourself during our collapse last season (old username) and I was adamant that Gerrard had taken us as far as he could.. I had lost patience after our defeat at Rugby Park where I thought he let the players down.

Well I'm delighted to say it looks like I was wrong.. I feel like the penny has dropped for Gerrard this season.

Last year he showed teams far too much respect with team selection, particularly in midfield.. we were far too rigid and seemed to have a focus on winning a midfield battle that didn't exist in most games.

This season we're completely suffocating teams that sit in with sheer numbers getting into the the opposition box, something we didn't do previously..we're playing with an obvious freedom now.

As I've said before we've yet done win anything yet but the manager has improved ten fold for me this season.

We've still to get there - and I'm actually a little concerned about qualifying from the Europa. Thursday is a huge game.

But things are lining up nicely. I agree with your points.

The squad depth is so much better. Not just the obvious such as Roofe. But McLaughlin, Balogun and Bassey are three brought in for nothing that we feel comfortable about being in the starting XI.

Good times ahead.

The other thing is, like his players, it’s been non stop from day one, he cant be getting much down time to rest.

I know I’m the one that wants to wait until we’re past new year before really letting myself believe but it’s getting more and more difficult to suppress the inner belief that’s desperately trying to get out. And I have to say, as much as I’d rather suppress it until after new year I’m starting to fall in love with Gerrard big time. The way he’s got us playing just now, the refusal to get carried away, the focus he’s keeping, the way he’s conducting himself and most of all the way he’s recruited - all absolutely first rate. If he and the captain can keep this going special things are going to happen for us.

What a fecking day!
Class, that's RFC we never stop to their standards and will.never

It’s getting more and more difficult not to celebrate. However I am keeping a lid on it until the fat lady sings. Keep taking it game by game, marginal gains and keep putting the foot on the throat as we go.

I'm finding it difficult to get carried away but I really want to because all the evidence points towards us cruising this title.

What a fecking day!
Unbelievably brave appointment, with hindsight its genius. From the moment maccallister was confirmed I was on board as he was always going to be a big part of understanding us. Long way to go though so let’s keep our feet on the ground for now. He certainly looks and sounds like a Rangers manager should this season. The pressure is now telling so his biggest job now is keeping the foot on the gas. Got no doubt he will. The fact that some on here wanted him gone is hilarious but those days are gone thankfully. Can’t think of a man that could have done a better job tbh

Gerrard’s in year 3.

Year 1:
Europe = unbelievable progress
Domestic = Meh (free pass)

Year 2:
Europe = again unbelievable progress
Domestic = seen this poor movie before

Year 3:
Europe = top marks so far
Domestic = top marks so far

Confident we’re making steady progress. Onwards and upwards.

A few points.
1. SG inherited a broken squad which needed rebuilt.
2. He was facing an utterly dominant foe with a huge budget.
3. He has been cheated out of a trophy in season 2 by terrible officiating.
4. He is building something special.

Not getting carried away but it's where we have come from to where we are now which I sometimes find hard to believe. Keep it going SG and the team.

What a fecking day!
I've loved the way he has carried himself since day 1, all with the emotions he's shown too. Of course it will be all for nothing if we have a trophyless season (which I can't see happening) but he has transformed us during his tenure, which I will always be thankful of

A marriage made in heaven. Right man, right place the right time. He may only be here to restore our dignity but by god I love and respect the very bones of him. Thank you Mr Gerrard thank you Mr King and the board.

He was the right man at the right time. I've stated consistently he'll lead us to success. The man is total class, conducts himself impeccably and has given our club it's pride and identity back. I'd say to every bear to embrace this as I believe we're entering a truly special era in our clubs history. I'd also like to thank all the bears for the ribbing I took on here for suggesting we appoint Gerrard as manager.

He has learned - not to let emotion take control. As soon as it does, you're never thinking clearly. You become absorbed in your own hype. You lose focus. It's a flaw in most people in life.

You can clearly see that this season his focus and our focus is on one thing.

Walter smith in pre season training pictures and in the press recently tells its own story

And once you gain momentum it's hard to lose it.

We've still to get there - and I'm actually a little concerned about qualifying from the Europa. Thursday is a huge game.

But things are lining up nicely. I agree with your points.

The squad depth is so much better. Not just the obvious such as Roofe. But McLaughlin, Balogun and Bassey are three brought in for nothing that we feel comfortable about being in the starting XI.

Good times ahead.
There's an interview that sticks out for me. We got beat at home. I forget even who it was but I remember the interview afterwards in which Gerrard said he needed some thinking time.

It's around the time most fans were calling for a new captain. But he done what most people wouldn't do. He kept tav as captain. Kept the belief and faith in those who were clearly up for the challenge. Got rid of the toxic players and signed the players who were up for it.

That's what winners do.

Ignore the noise. Focus on the job at hand. Be proactive rather than reactive.

He hasn't changed his ways for any suppprter. If it be captain, tactics or personel.

The result is. As it stands. A team that any supporter can't complain about.

I can't see it changing

What a fecking day!
He's a winner. That is all.

What a fecking day!
Keep the standards up
%^*& the rest

As amusing as it is, we don't need to concern ourselve with the other side of the city, lets just quietly go about our own business and the rest will take care off itself.

Still a long way to go.

As amusing as it is, we don't need to concern ourselve with the other side of the city, lets just quietly go about our own business and the rest will take care off itself.

Still a long way to go.
Enjoy it mate they're not coming back they just got beat off Ross County at home, a team that lost to a ten man kilmarnock team last week. We are not fucking this up.

It's always good to be a Rangers Supporter, but this week has been amazing. Thank you Steven Gerrard.

If we can come out of December and January with any extended lead from what we have no I will be much more confident about the league

Back