Steven Pressley loses the plot

And live reaction from the Carlisle locker room:

Student-Wakes-Up-Clapping-During-Class.gif

I was driving back from the Morecambe game listening to this on BBC Cumbria. The reporter doing the interview was like a dog with a bone getting tore in. Was pissing myself when he was giving it the shouty fight stuff. He thinks he's in Braveheart.

He must be happy to take a real meagre wage.
I genuinely can’t think of another reason for his continued employment.

My only memory of his time with us :

"NO MATTER where he goes, Eric Cantona seems to attract trouble. Last month the Manchester United player was prevented from commentating on a World Cup semi-final in Pasadena after an unseemly altercation with a technician and yesterday he made an early exit in the less exotic surroundings of Ibrox Park having only come on at half-time as a substitute.
Having taken the field in the unfamiliar role of Dion Dublin's replacement, the French international captain quickly became involved in a feud with Rangers' Stephen Pressley and, despite a warning from the referee, he would not be calmed.

First, he was booked on 81 minutes for walking way from the referee, Andrew Waddell, and the end came a minute later when Cantona, who was also sent off in successive games late last season, lunged wildly at Pressley."

Jim Traynor 7.8.94

Just cant imagine any player taking him seriously. Or anybody for that matter. Hes far to serious all the time. I actually cringed when i heard he was going to manage down south. They'll all think, what a rocket.

Always remember hearing one of our ex players saying he was a weirdo even as a youngster, lady's front bottom hasn’t got any less weird with age.

I have no idea what happened with Pressley.

Met him a on a few occasions as he was breaking in to the Rangers team, usually in Norrie McCathie's pub in Dunfermline. He actually seemed to a decent, level headed kind of guy then.

I wonder if the bitter resentment of forcing a move out of the club and seeing his career nosedive (in comparative terms to staying at Rangers) has f*cked with his head.

Back