Sticker book as an adult.

Has anyone else ever done this? 2014 World Cup, myself and my group of mates decided to do this. The collection of doublers you quickly amass whilst buying stickers on adults money. Including buying boxes of stickers online.
You were always going to take a hammering for this post, but jokes aside, grown men collect stamps, football programmes, play with trainsets, play computer games...

If it gives you a kick, go for it.

You were always going to take a hammering for this post, but jokes aside, grown men collect stamps, football programmes, play with trainsets, play computer games...

If it gives you a kick, go for it.
Oh aye, I knew it was incoming lol. We were actually talking about doing it for the euros, but we were remembering the cost, and how addictive it was. As I said, sticker book on adults money.

Oh aye, I knew it was incoming lol. We were actually talking about doing it for the euros, but we were remembering the cost, and how addictive it was. As I said, sticker book on adults money.
Brought back some memories, thanks, when I did this the last time I would give all my doubles away to the boys on my sons team who couldn't really afford them! that's what it's really about! I would add that all those New Mexican lads will remember Mr. Alan and the fact he gave them an RSEA badge every year Follow Follow!

Just sold a Rashford for $55 to a fellow yank :) I assume you have a great collection of Rangers only, also :)
It is an interesting subject.
The cards that seem to sell best are David Beckham, Ronaldo, both of them, and of course Messi.
But I am always finding out something new.

Funnily enough, I remember when Futera were doing some great sets for all the big clubs in the UK, but not Rangers, which irked me enough to ring the club and amazingly Big John Greig answered the telephone.
I think he had some sort of job with PR at the club during this period.
Anyway, after I had had a bit of a rant at the Great Man, who was obviously totally fckn bemused at my level of concern, he managed to fumble around for the answer to assuage my ire, and with great aplomb and satisfaction informed me that I shouldn't worry as the club had struck their own deal with ...'Top Deck'.
Knowing a bit about the business, I immediately knew he meant, Upper Deck, but I didn't have the heart to correct my, and of course, every other Bear's hero.

That said, that wee bit of inside info, managed to get me down to Upper Deck's head office in London to buy Rangers cards direct and for a reduced cost.
I also got talked into buying a load of other Upper Deck cards for other European clubs, as well as the England national team.

I was lumbered with a load until recently, however, the England cards have proved very worthwhile. :D

Done it for the World Cup 2014 album. Didn't finish it but it did bring back some memories as a kid.

Used to love going to the shops whenever I got pocket money and buying loads of packs. Then you'd spend ages swapping doublers with your mates in the street / in school.

It is an interesting subject.
The cards that seem to sell best are David Beckham, Ronaldo, both of them, and of course Messi.
But I am always finding out something new.

Funnily enough, I remember when Futera were doing some great sets for all the big clubs in the UK, but not Rangers, which irked me enough to ring the club and amazingly Big John Greig answered the telephone.
I think he had some sort of job with PR at the club during this period.
Anyway, after I had had a bit of a rant at the Great Man, who was obviously totally fckn bemused at my level of concern, he managed to fumble around for the answer to assuage my ire, and with great aplomb and satisfaction informed me that I shouldn't worry as the club had struck their own deal with ...'Top Deck'.
Knowing a bit about the business, I immediately knew he meant, Upper Deck, but I didn't have the heart to correct my, and of course, every other Bear's hero.

That said, that wee bit of inside info, managed to get me down to Upper Deck's head office in London to buy Rangers cards direct and for a reduced cost.
I also got talked into buying a load of other Upper Deck cards for other European clubs, as well as the England national team.

I was lumbered with a load until recently, however, the England cards have proved very worthwhile. :D
Great story! great set, perhaps a bit overproduced? I only need the Coisty auto. I was offered a dinged up one years ago, still regret turning it down :-( ! I did notice those England cards selling at premium lately, well in!.
I would compare the current boom in cards to the mid 80's baseball card boom, I live in USA. At that time people were paying way to much for cards they thought would be priceless (any interest in My Mark McGwire rookies by chance?) I learned the hard way :)
My boys and I are having a great time selling all the cards we don't want at the moment, Having a bit of trouble moving their cards, can't give them away! Also ,If i'm honest, speculating on Hagi cards a bit ;-)

Threads a good example of why male mental health is in the toilet just now

Edit. Not the op but the queue formed to ridicule him

Was going to say the same, some of the responses on this thread are embarrassing. Who gives a %^*& if anyone buys a sticker book for the Euros, leave them to it.

The Orbis Italia 90 one was very good, full of articles on famous World Cup matches and players etc - more like an encyclopaedia really, I completed that and still look at it now and again.

I expect these are very easy to complete now. Can’t see them being worth much at any point in the future.

5uFS0cA.jpg

Correct !
Or in my case , bubble gum cards !
:))
Where can you get these cards? :cool: :shh:

Don't know about the album but if definitely be up for sticking a glossy 4 foot fixture wallchart on my wall, at least when I'm getting nagged about only ever thinking about football, I can have a glance and get excited about 3 games of football a day and a barnstormer Macedonia v Austria cancelling EastEnders raising a wrap it round you smug grin!

Done it for the World Cup 2014 album. Didn't finish it but it did bring back some memories as a kid.

Used to love going to the shops whenever I got pocket money and buying loads of packs. Then you'd spend ages swapping doublers with your mates in the street / in school.

The first album i did was mexico 86 when i was 9. I took it very seriously and only needed one uraguay player to complete the book.

I ended up sending away for it....and they sent me the wrong uraguay player back!

The last cards i took an interest in were the Rangers Upper Deck series.

Album is 90% full but as always the rare ones were just unattainable.

Before this the last cards i bought came with a stick of chewing gum.

I've got a Euro 2020 sticker book there that one of the kids never used so I decided to have a go, there is something stress releasing about getting them all in order and straight. Probably the same idea as those adult colouring books that seem so popular.

Great story! great set, perhaps a bit overproduced? I only need the Coisty auto. I was offered a dinged up one years ago, still regret turning it down :-( ! I did notice those England cards selling at premium lately, well in!.
I would compare the current boom in cards to the mid 80's baseball card boom, I live in USA. At that time people were paying way to much for cards they thought would be priceless (any interest in My Mark McGwire rookies by chance?) I learned the hard way :)
My boys and I are having a great time selling all the cards we don't want at the moment, Having a bit of trouble moving their cards, can't give them away! Also ,If i'm honest, speculating on Hagi cards a bit ;-)
I'm on a Facebook group that trades loads of MLB stuff, came pretty close to buying cards a few months back!

I have some 2007 Cleveland Indians that were given to me when I was over to watch them, that's the extent of my collection.

Has anyone else ever done this? 2014 World Cup, myself and my group of mates decided to do this. The collection of doublers you quickly amass whilst buying stickers on adults money. Including buying boxes of stickers online.
Welcome to the mad collectors circle :D I never did stickers myself but i collect loads of other things
I did collect the topps cards though in 1975 and funnily, just sold the full set minus one last week on ebay for a ton .No point sitting in an attic for another 45 years and the funds bought me a nice 1 18 scale Ferrari . One vice to another eh but at least i can look at it on the shelf with the 80 other ones:))

Part of the fun doing this as a kid was that it was difficult to fill the book. It took time, effort, a degree of negotiation and what precious little pocket money your parents afforded you every week.

There was one kid in my class though whose birthday was at the start of August and his old man used to buy him an entire box of stickers every year so he had it filled up quicker than everyone else.

As an adult you’d surely just do that then - buy entire boxes of stickers and fill the album up in no time?

I can’t imagine grown men walking around with reams of doubles in a thick lacky band meeting each other in playgrounds or car parks or whatever and looking through each other’s pile going, “Got, got, got, not got . . .’

Last stickers I ever done was aboot 1993/4 it was wrestling albums. Still got them kicking about somewhere :))

Haha i tried it for Euro 2016 but quickly got fed up

If Panini were to release a sticker album celebrating our 150th anniversary I bet half the people slagging off the OP would be collecting that.

Incidentally, I really wish Panini would do that!

If Panini were to release a sticker album celebrating our 150th anniversary I bet half the people slagging off the OP would be collecting that.

So this album would ignore everything after 1997?

Do you build stuff with Lego and camp out overnight in the queue for Harry Potter and Star Wars premiers?

Stopped doing sticker books when my fucking sister :mad: used to write stuff in them in speech bubbles I'd come in wi stickers book out to be greeted by random "I'm a wank" and "%^*& offs" amongst other shit including drawing hitler tashes on players.

Just about finished the EPL 2020/21 sticker book but only got into it as I realised completed books can actually be worth decent money.

For those of you who are interested in completing the book, a lot cheaper than just throwing your money at random packets, register with www.swapstick.com

You will complete the book in half the time and more than half the price.

I have a few sticker albums celebrating the history of clubs.
One of them is for Barcelona and comes in three albums, and is extremely well presented, with stickers for all their team pictures over the years, all of their star players, the stadium at various periods and silver stickers in the shapes of all the trophies that they have won. and much more.
Tremendous item celebrating the club's history.

I never got around to sticking the stickers in.
They came in sheets.
I haven't looked but I am sure it will be worth a few bob.

Back