Strachan.

Really strange bit where he just randomly blurts out "and ye talk aboot youth! That's their 2 best signings and they're 36 and 39 so it's no aw aboot youth!"

Whit?! :))
It’s the first time I’ve seen it and I’m confused as to what he’s on about

Last time I was that blootered I woke up in a strange bed two days later covered in my own vomit and with a fractured wrist that I had no memory of sustaining with only some shrapnel left from my wages and a couple of crushed Marlboro Lights in the pockets of my jeans.

Has Gordon been seen since Sunday?

He's actually quite coherent in that clip - compared to most of his nonsensical ramblings during the rest of this coverage

He's definitely lost the plot & sounds like he's on medication / alcohol / both - or needs another therapy session quick

He really was embarrassing- even by his own poor standards -

It's as if he suddenly remembered a point he wanted to make from a previous conversation and just blurted it out. Silly wee c*nt embarrassed himself.
I almost feel sorry for him trying to hide his pain

All the chances Celtic made in 2nd half (with 1 exception) came from our mistakes.
Kamara caught in possession, Turnball shot
Poor pass by Patterson to Edouard
Madman gives foul to Celtic though Goldson won the ball.
Mistake by McGregor at a corner.

Am I missing something here ....I don't remember McGregor making any game changing saves apart from the poor penalty French diddy despatched right at him ...they forget that Foster and Gordon saved them countless times in the past without the toys oot the pram reaction from this wee insignificant nyaff .....Tommy Burns was the same with Goram...
They're the worst losers in football.

This little prick is usually smug and sarcastic. Instead he was visibly spooked by what he had witnessed. Some of his ranting was so pathetic that even the moronic Hartson looked embarrassed for him.
And that is saying something mate.

To me, he looked to be mentally scrambling to put together a cogent argument to make a case for his boy to still have a job at the Chamber via Noseybonk getting the nod for the electric chair.

Unfortunately for Chesney, the neurons firing off inside his erstwhile ginger cranium couldn’t keep up with his mouth.

Shape can't be "rectified" if the players can't do it. They had about four defenders and possibly a gk well below what is needed to play against Rangers; if Strachan thinks shape is simple and straightforward, regardless of the quality of a player's overall ability, then he is extremely misguided. Even in that short sequence he contradicts himself at least a couple times, but overall his analysis was poor also.

Last edited:
Genuinely think he was steaming. I suspect it will be a while before he's back on as a pundit anywhere.

The whole thing was a bit cringe. The post match went on for too long without any real analysis and just consisted of incoherent rambling from Hartson and Strachan while McInnes and Weir hung about like a couple of spare parts.

Really strange bit where he just randomly blurts out "and ye talk aboot youth! That's their 2 best signings and they're 36 and 39 so it's no aw aboot youth!"

Whit?! :))
Remember this is the guy who claimed the Scotland team were genetically disadvantaged, just after they had been gubbed by a team who were smaller in almost every position. :))

Has he got a drink problem or starting to lose his marbles? Every time he gets a punditry gig now he just rambles absolute nonsense.

It wasn't long ago he was stating that abusing Adam Johnson for being a nonce would be the same as racially abusing a player.
He’s defo lost it I think mate

Remember this is the guy who claimed the Scotland team were genetically disadvantaged, just after they had been gubbed by a team who were smaller in almost every position. :))
No one forced him to pick Barry Bannan. But Chesney saw a wee bit of himself in Barry.

It’s amazing what too much seaweed and too many bananas in the diet can do to the brain in later life.

After his bizarre comments about Adam Johnson a year or two back, I’m not sure he should still be doing media work.
I’m not convinced he is all there anymore.

He clearly didn't want to throw his laddie and his ipad under the bus but he got it all wrong.

Davie Weir didn't even need to challenge him as he made himself look a dick.

Whoever was in charge of the music at Ibox on Sunday played an absolute stormer!
Well played.

Also, i'm pretty sure Chesney was pished, was talking a fair amount of nonsense even more than his usual standards.

Looking forward too the day that Wee Chesney and Wee Burnie do a Royal Variety Performance together....... They are a match made in heaven.
A couple of raven lunatics.... Can you imagine Strahan doing an after dinner speech!

Strachan also said to paraphrase “People are saying Ajer will leave, Edouard will leave and Christie will leave. They might not. They might sign new contracts.

Gordon Strachan - the King Canute of Celtic

We’re see It more often these days with some old players from the past.

Sad to see The effects of years of heading those old,wet, heavy leather balls.

Or he might just have had a wee nip before the game.

Back