Striker for Livingston?

Start Roofe , Alfie criticism tonight was quite harsh, he doesn’t need to be dropped, he needs a rest ..

Morelos needs a goal so badly. Absolutley sh*t out of confidence at the minute. Front three of kent, alfie and roofe. Itten and defoe to come off the bench if all is going well.

Roofe will be absolutely buzzing after that goal, I would be keeping him in the team. Alfie needs benched and to be fair it might do him good to take the pressure off, given his barren spell at the moment.

This is the beauty of the squad this season in that we now have options up front and not completely reliant on Morelos.

Plastic pitch will feel like playing 2 games for some of the older/injury carrying players.

Itten deserves a run in the side but I just have a feeling Defoe will come in and prob will it for us.

A rest ??
Why?
Maybe because he was playing on the other side of the world on an international game, played well against the filth at the weekend, then he’s expected to perform miracles 4 days later in an away European tie , I know he wasn’t great tonight, but he doesn’t hide ... I’m sure the manager knows better than you or I ..

How many last chances do we give Alfie. His performances have been patchy for months.
You will always get a great touch, flick or pass from Alfie, but the rest of his game has fallen away. His hold up play has deserted him, he is still lashing shots aimlessly and hoping for the best.
The worst part for me is signs of his impetuous shenanigans rearing their head again.
If I was sitting on the bench watching him, I’d be knocking on SG’s door wondering how bad he has to get to be dropped.
Needs to realise he is a hundred miles from the finished article, get his head down, regain his sharpness and sack his agent.

Plastic pitch will feel like playing 2 games for some of the older/injury carrying players.

Itten deserves a run in the side but I just have a feeling Defoe will come in and prob will it for us.
When were we on a plastic pitch lately?

Honestly, Alfie doesn’t even merit a slot on the bench just now, but here’s a thought.

On Sunday we embarrassed the tramps in their own midden.

Tonight we had a comfortable enough win against a very good European club in their own back yard.

Not wanting to tempt providence but Livi at Ibrox should be a walk in the park.

Might it be an idea to give AM a last chance to get some goals and see what it does for his game?

It’ll be hard if Roofe doesn’t get a nod tho’ after tonight’s effort.
That is where the struggle is, breaking down SPFL negative hammer throwers with republican 'officials' !

Roofe, morelos needs dropped for a good few games, he is a shadow of the player he was a year ago

Given that in eight days he has played three games, including one in South America, I agree that he is due a rest. Alfie might not be in his best form but he has been working very hard and been part of a very good run of games that we have enjoyed.

I'd play Roofe and Itten

Not sure what it is with Morelos but he doesn't seem hungry for goals just now always dropping deep or going wide. Maybe its a tactical thing but I much prefer it when our strikers score or get in the right positions to score

Itten with Roofe and Kent either side of him

It simply cannot be Morelos. I’m stunned he came out for the second half tonight tbh as that display from him is up there with some of his worst for us

Some are making excuses about his position change but that doesn’t affect your ability to control a ball, your first touch, your ability to hold the ball up etc.

He needs a spell on the bench for a few weeks

Maybe because he was playing on the other side of the world on an international game, played well against the filth at the weekend, then he’s expected to perform miracles 4 days later in an away European tie , I know he wasn’t great tonight, but he doesn’t hide ... I’m sure the manager knows better than you or I ..

Come on. He didn’t play well at the weekend. He was probably our worst player. Literally gave the ball away countless times and was more interested in fouling and baiting players

Presumably because he tends to always start Morelos in Europe.

But anyone claiming he played well against that lot are only kidding themselves on
I thought his link up play was good on Saturday, he causes problems regardless playing well or not ..

I’m sure gerrard says , first name on the team sheet Alfredo, I know he’s been shite , but %^*& it let’s take a chance...

Alfie’s very poor form in 2020 just goes on and on am afraid.

His touch & control are absolutely awful, he just doesn’t look like scoring, and he continues to stupidly get involved in incidents that could easily see him red carded.

His physical presence & being a “handful” are a given & there’s always the hope that something triggers a return to form for him but how long do we wait?

For me, we’ve waited long enough & it’s time to bench him & start Roofe.

Roofe, How could you not now.

As long as he is fit enough to play 90 minutes.

There's a difference between coming on for 10/15 minutes and starting a game.

We need to ensure we get him firing 100% with no chance of aggravating his calf.

If he isn't fit to start, then Itten deserves a shot.

Alfredo isn't at his best at the moment.

We can now make so many changes and still be strong.

McLaughlin (rest McGregor)
Bassey (rest Borna)
Balogun
Helander (rest Goldson)
Tav
Davis (rest Jack)
Kamara
Aribo (rest Arfield)
Kent
Roofe (in for Hagi)
Itten (in for Morelos)

I’d start wee Defoe but I’m not happy at the criticism of Morelos . He’s still a great striker just needs a rest and his juju back and he will be on the goals trail again .

Alfie’s not been playing well in general this season. Flashes here and there but he’s a shaddow of what he’s capable of.

He was in the team at the start of the season to let Roofe/Itten get upto speed. Then they got injured so Alfie kept his place. Now Roofe (and Itten) are back, Morelos has done nothing to make himself “undroppable” or give the manager a head-ache.

He’ll be dropping to the bench (regardless whether it’s a rest or a kick up the arse - I don’t know). If not this weekend - it’ll be soon if he doesn’t find better form and start finding the net.

I'd give morelos, arfield and Kamara a rest bring in itten roofe and davis.

Arfield and Kamara have been exceptional and I'd rather we kept them fresh for tougher games.

Morelos off the boil, bench him and get him his hunger back.

Back