Striking position under Beale

To replace those 3 on our budget is a scary thought.
Only one of them actually cost a substantial sum so it can be done. And it’s only a tall order to replace players if they’re actually giving you a lot, but they’re not giving us much of anything now mate.

And what’s the worst that can happen? We spend a moderate amount of money on replacements and they win next to nothing either? You need to stick or twist, after so many years of these players delivering very little, I’m ready to say bye to them. There’s a fundamental problem with the mentality of our squad and after all this time it won’t change unless we change the personnel, a leopard can’t change its spots.

The first act of the new manager should be tell morelos to find a new club in January

He is disgrace to himself and the club

I’d be saying the same to kent also find a new club in January

The first act of the new manager should be tell morelos to find a new club in January

For me the first job would be to get them proper match fit. I want us to match the filth for every step in the next old firm game and more. We have some talented players in that squad but a few are way off their peak fitness.

I've watched him plenty.

He is a smart presser in the final third (see PSV away).

He might not look "busy" when played in midfield, but he wouldn't be asked to do that as the main striker. It's a different type of work rate.
Correct on all fronts.

Anyone paying attention would know that Tillman is by far the best in the whole squad at winning the ball back from the oppositions feet.

I'm not convinced Colak will fit the style of play.

Under Gerrard we asked a lot of our main striker; drop deep, switch play, hold it up and ultimately get on the end of a cross/through ball.

Morelos was great at it, however recent history tells us that Beale would be crazy to rely on him.

Could Tillman play that number 9 role? The youth coaches at Bayern certainly believed so.

I read the other day he changed the system to suit Defore, so I assume he'd change it to suit Colak too.

Would love to see Kent-Colak-Morelos as a narrow 3, Morelos playing the way Roofe did previously.

Or since Morelos is probably going to come back bigger than Roy Chubby Brown, Kent-Colak-Sakala.

It’s what is best for Rangers moving forward. None of us will be complaining if Beale, or whomever, comes in and 1) plays a formation that suits Alfie and 2) gets him fit and motivated.

Given the form of Alfie for the majority of the time under Gerrard/Beale, that is not beyond the realms of possibility.

The knock on effect (should we sign Alfie to a new contract) is that we turn a player into a sellable asset once again.

Rangers aren’t in a position to just cut loose a player of Morelos’ ability. As frustrating as he has been this year, there are greater problems in the squad to tackle terms of getting rid and replacing with new players.

I would argue the same goes for Kent, and he has pissed me off more than Alfie. We know it’s in him, and there is potential to once again get him firing, be part of a trophy winning squad, to then make money on him down the road.

It is players like Davis, McGregor, Arfield, Helander, Roofe, Hagi, Souttar etc etc that we need to deal with. That is where recruitment seriously needs to target.
Whatever way you look at it his attitude and application has been disgraceful. And I say that as an Alfie fan. How any professional footballer can be overweight in November is beyond me. Bin and move on

He’s not 2 stone overweight you madman.
No far off it hes fitness and condition is miles away this season. Hes been off it in the past but this season in particular its been clear as day. Gio got plenty wrong in his time but dropping morelos want one of them.

It’s what is best for Rangers moving forward. None of us will be complaining if Beale, or whomever, comes in and 1) plays a formation that suits Alfie and 2) gets him fit and motivated.

Given the form of Alfie for the majority of the time under Gerrard/Beale, that is not beyond the realms of possibility.

The knock on effect (should we sign Alfie to a new contract) is that we turn a player into a sellable asset once again.

Rangers aren’t in a position to just cut loose a player of Morelos’ ability. As frustrating as he has been this year, there are greater problems in the squad to tackle terms of getting rid and replacing with new players.

I would argue the same goes for Kent, and he has pissed me off more than Alfie. We know it’s in him, and there is potential to once again get him firing, be part of a trophy winning squad, to then make money on him down the road.

It is players like Davis, McGregor, Arfield, Helander, Roofe, Hagi, Souttar etc etc that we need to deal with. That is where recruitment seriously needs to target.
If Beale can ressurect some of our current duds and turn them into sellable assets, that's probably enough for the Board at the moment.

Under Gerrard we asked a lot of our main striker; drop deep, switch play, hold it up and ultimately get on the end of a cross/through ball.

Morelos was great at it, however recent history tells us that Beale would be crazy to rely on him.

Could Tillman play that number 9 role? The youth coaches at Bayern certainly believed so.

In another article it mentioned how Beale tweaked the system to suit Defoe when he played so I don't see any reason why Colak can't play.

Have a listen this this and you’ll soon realise what we are going to get. Sound familiar?

Would love to see Kent-Colak-Morelos as a narrow 3, Morelos playing the way Roofe did previously.

Or since Morelos is probably going to come back bigger than Roy Chubby Brown, Kent-Colak-Sakala.
That would be the best front 3 we'd get if all are fit, playing that lot with Kent-Morelos-Roofe worked brilliant in the 55 year

I agree otherwise sit them on the bench and play guys who actually want to lay for the club

Would like to see us try something a little different, Morelos and Colak together with Kent in the number 10 role. We should be able to chop and change between 4-2-3-1/4-3-2-1/4-3-1-2 with our attacking options.

There’s no bigger fan of Alfie than me however he has let himself and the fans down this season massively.

He looks like he needs to shed two stone which in todays game is an unacceptable disgrace. A firm manager wouldn’t it have had him near the match day squad the size he is.

If Beale can motivate Alfie to shed the weight then we might be onto something however it’s a big if.
He has let himself and the fans down, at some point every season. His time is up.

Why do people keep trying to put Colak out the picture? He’s a proven goal scorer in this league, loves the club and has performed when asked.

Morelos has been shite, He hasn’t been interested. Weather that’s down to not wanting to play for Gio or he just couldn’t be arsed, the jist of it is, he’s let us down.

Back