Stuart Gibson adds 4m more shares

I should add that, though I don’t agree with some of Dave Kings recent actions, we have to thank him for (a) getting control of enough shares with the other 2 bears to stop the previous regime pushing through all sorts of contractual rubbish and (b) creating the environment for future shareholdings to be spread over a number of holders. Indeed, King is still a major block to 75% control through his own holding which in turn isn’t big enough to be a threat.
Yes I agree that DK deserves credit but the Club has to move on and any action by him, going forward, will not result in any money going into Rangers.

He clearly wants/needs his money back and it looks like, in addition to the Club 1872 fiasco, he may well have sold some of his shares to someone else.

Also any sugar daddy arrangement (> 75%) is a bad idea as the past has proven.

Oh I’m aware of that loan mate. It would look that way, given Bennett’s £10m loan. However, let’s not forget that loan simply replaced an earlier one for circa £7m so, whilst it may look likely, I’m not sure we can say for certain. We simply do not know either way. Like his previous loan, ultimately it will have to be paid back. It’s not free money.
Nobody said it was. Did we spend the previous £7m. Has the £7m been repaid and the new £10m is in total available. However why are we borrowing £10m when we turned a slight profit in last accounts and have this season had CL and player sales money. That suggests we are still not making any real profit. I suppose the SDI payment has been paid

Nobody said it was. Did we spend the previous £7m. Has the £7m been repaid and the new £10m is in total available. However why are we borrowing £10m when we turned a slight profit in last accounts and have this season had CL and player sales money. That suggests we are still not making any real profit. I suppose the SDI payment has been paid
I’m sure you can read the Annual Report as well as, if not better, than me mate. I’m just a layman. It does say the previous Bennett loan was repaid (as below). I thought that loan was used to repay/replace the King loan that he was demanding be repaid.

Loan of £6.55m provided during the year under a previous facility by Mr J Bennett were repaid in full. Loans of £0.5m provided during the period were converted to equity.

I’m sure you can read the Annual Report as, if not better, than me mate. I’m just a layman. It does say the previous Bennett loan was repaid (as below). I though that loan was used to repay/replace the King loan that he was demanding be repaid.

Loan of £6.55m provided during the year under a previous facility by Mr J Bennett were repaid in full. Loans of £0.5m provided during the period were converted to equity.
I'm sure we borrowed from others to repay King. The £7m was due to us forecasting a shortfall for the season. Prior to the Patterson sale.

I'm sure we borrowed from others to repay King. The £7m was due to us forecasting a shortfall for the season. Prior to the Patterson sale.
No idea mate. The full entry from that section of the Annual Report is below. We finished the FY with more loans outstanding than in the previous year. Make of it what you will.

Laird Investments (PTY) Limited (“Laird”)

Directors, existing
Shareholder
The facility provided by Laird to the Company of £5m was repaid in full, plus interest, in October 2021.

Director loans

John Bennett, Douglas Park, Alastair Johnston and Julian Juul Wolhardt

Loans of £10.32m from Mr J Bennett and £1.858m from Mr J Wolhardt made under a secured debt facility were outstanding at 30 June 2022. Repayments of loans are paid in quarterly instalments to the repayment 31 July 2028. The facility allows for accelerated repayments based on certain events. Interest is charged at 6% on an accruals basis.

Loan of £6.55m provided during the year under a previous facility by Mr J Bennett were repaid in full. Loans of £0.5m provided during the period were converted to equity

Loan facilities of £0.25m provided by Mr A Johnston prior to the commencement of the period were converted to equity in the year.

Borita Investments Limited (Borita) is a company in which Mr Wolhardt and his wife are interested. Loan facilities of £1.0m provided by Mr J Wolhardt during the period were converted to equity in the year. A further £1.0m of loans were provided in the year. £0.15m of loans were repaid as part of an agreed repayment schedule.

Other related party loans - Shareholders and other investors

George Letham, Perron Investments LLC, George Taylor, Janet McAlpine, Stuart Gray

No interest or fees were charged on the loan facilities provided by the above individuals and organisations.

Mr G Letham provided £3.0m of loans during the period. £2.0m of these were repaid in full, and £1.0m was converted to equity.

Perron Investments LLC provided £1.0m of loans during the period, which were converted to equity in the year.

Mr G Taylor provided £1.0m of loans during the period, which were converted to equity in the year.

Mrs J McAlpine provided £0.1m of loans during the period, which were converted to equity in the year.

Mr S Gray provided £1.0m of loans during the period, which were converted to equity in the year.

For those thinking we are awash with money, worth noting that the Club have committed to funding nearly £10m worth of Stadium and building improvements. Not sure if that figure includes NEH or not though. From the Annual Report (Page 60):

31. CAPITAL COMMITMENTS
At the year end, The Group had contracted for stadium and building improvements amounting to £9.63 million.
Sounds like stadium only
Thanks for information

If any more shares are issued small shareholders like myself will find ours vastly diluted they will end up being worth an old threepenny bit.

If any more shares are issued small shareholders like myself will find ours vastly diluted they will end up being worth an old threepenny bit.
If you bought Rangers shares as a financial investment, rather than an emotional investment, then you were ill-advised I’m afraid.

I have shares. Don’t really care what they are worth, but the knowledge that I own a part of our Club fills me with great comfort and joy.

If you bought Rangers shares as a financial investment, rather than an emotional investment, then you were ill-advised I’m afraid.

I have shares. Don’t really care what they are worth, but the knowledge that I own a part of our Club fills me with great comfort and joy.
Yep me too. In 2012 Rangers fans, myself included, invested nearly £5m in the club at 70p a share! So losing money on them ain’t unknown!

On a more serious note , though, that £5 million isn’t much less than C1872 has spent on its 5% holding. The difference is that every individual fan investor has more control over his/her shares with little aggravation - other than perhaps from the other half - you did what? How much? :)

I am aware of that and they were bought so one can say "I'm a shareholder" but the hard facts are from paying 70p a share to them now being diluted to about 1p still is not morally right as we did when called put our money in.
Yes I take your point.

I paid £1360 to the 2 fan share buying regimes (club 1872 and Rangers Trust) but have 0 shares in Rangers because I didnt read the rules properly (I assumed the shares were in my name, but controlled by Club 1872) and now these lunatics control my shares.

This is excellent for the club. Gibson is a massive fan of the Rangers and would like to think he only wants the best for us.

Gibson was valued at £1.5b in 2020 and since then his company has grown exponentially since he first invested in us.

His company ESR are now the largest property management company in Asia with assets of over $140b USD (as of Feb 2022).

His company's 2022/23 half yearly finance reports show they have increased:
- revenue by 23%
- profits by 21%
- assets by 17%

Gibsons company is now a powerhouse in Asia and his self value is rumoured to be upwards of $7b USD / £4-5b GBP

Your %age ownership would reduce but the value should remain the same as the share price increases.

This is excellent for the club. Gibson is a massive fan of the Rangers and would like to think he only wants the best for us.

Gibson was valued at £1.5b in 2020 and since then his company has grown exponentially since he first invested in us.

His company ESR are now the largest property management company in Asia with assets of over $140b USD (as of Feb 2022).

- revenue by 23%
- profits by 21%
- assets by 17%

Gibsons company is now a powerhouse in Asia and his self value is rumoured to be upwards of $7b USD / £4-5b GBP
Hopefully ESR can be brought on as main sponsor or similar. Replacing the current one, once betting sponsors are banned. Would be beneficial for ESR to have the exposure in CL for example. Alot of Asian fans watch the CL.

I’d say if ever Dave King was looking for a buyer for his, then Gibson would be that man. Strange why they just didn’t go down that route.
Dear oh dear oh dear. Why on earth would Stuart Gibson give DK cash to walk away when he can invest cash into the club and take shares accordingly.

why does anyone think DK is going to get his cash back soon? It’s not in the interest of the shareholders or the club

- revenue by 23%
- profits by 21%
- assets by 17%

Self-value to be upwards of £ 5 billion. ? That is some amount of dosh. :oops:

- revenue by 23%
- profits by 21%
- assets by 17%

Now that’s the kind of owner we should always have. A Bear.

- revenue by 23%
- profits by 21%
- assets by 17%

Right, might be reading between the lines here but what you are saying is we are definitely signing Mbappe?

- revenue by 23%
- profits by 21%
- assets by 17%

Wow
Amazing

I am aware of that and they were bought so one can say "I'm a shareholder" but the hard facts are from paying 70p a share to them now being diluted to about 1p still is not morally right as we did when called put our money in.
Yes I take your point.
The current valuation seems to be about 25p. For example, the allocation in this thread says Gibson got 4m shares for £1m.

- revenue by 23%
- profits by 21%
- assets by 17%

Can we not get his company as our main sponsor for next season. Sure we could reach a deal at about 20m a season for 5 years.

Yes I take your point.
Current value isn’t 1p mate, they are nominally called 1p shares but current trading value if you were selling would be circa 25p I believe. Still a hit on your 70p from 2012 but not as bad as you suggest. I didn’t buy until 2014/2015 so I’m probably just about up a few pence per share. As we both agree though, that wasn’t the reason for buying.

- revenue by 23%
- profits by 21%
- assets by 17%

Bring the boy home to where his heart belongs.

Fantastic news. Shows trust in the club and the opportunity it has for the future. Still wouldn't mind a Gers supporting infinite-pocketed Sheikh.
I would assume this will become a reality, when the European super league is ratified. Think of the global investors and sponsors desperate for association to our club and support.

If any more shares are issued small shareholders like myself will find ours vastly diluted they will end up being worth an old threepenny
That is his ultimate aim. He has been steadily making moves for a while now in background it seems
Not quite sure i would qualify, I got banned from Follow Follow on Friday for impersonating myself, had to fight just to get the account back, kind of funny irony there i guess!

Not quite sure i would qualify, I got banned from Follow Follow on Friday for impersonating myself, had to fight just to get the account back, kind of funny irony there i guess!
I suppose this forum gets a lot of imposters so even if you are SG then I suspect most will be suspicious as there’s not really any way to prove it.

- revenue by 23%
- profits by 21%
- assets by 17%

What % of ESR is his?

I suppose this forum gets a lot of imposters so even if you are SG then I suspect most will be suspicious as there’s not really any way to prove it.
If Rangers wanted £100 of my last £500, I’d give them it.
Same thing really
:))
Well the exact complaint was that I was impersonating Stuart Gibson, second that I was using derogatory terms to refer to Celtic fans such as beggars and Grimp, I can’t even be arsed googling Grimp so I guess there’s a few Kerrydale infiltrators lurking around.

Back