Stv interview with dave king coming soon

no, but it might be a contentious issue at board room level that could effect other areas. the poster isn't talking about the shares in this instance, he is talking about DK discussing Celtic's form and our title changes, have you watched many of SGs interviews this year? if so what's the difference from last year? he could do without these comments
He can talk about whatever he wants, he isn't involved with us anymore. If him talking about Celtic's form affects our own players form then we have far bigger problems than this. The players are focused on winning games every week, I highly doubt they're going to start dropping points left right and centre because Dave King has said we look stronger this year.

It’s going to be a balancing act if get to next summer and we’re champions.

I completely understand we need to sell to balance the books, but qualifying for the Champions League would be huge for us financially.

We can’t sell for example Barisic, Kamara and Morelos in one window and in my opinion expect to make it.

The model for me should be no more than one of our big players each summer getting sold.

the tone towards Dave King has changed, this thread is reeking with it
No, it really hasn't mate. I'd be saying the same if this was Robertson, Park, Paul Murray you name it. From the comments I've read some are worried about unnecessary distractions, others ain't. You just want to believe theres a tone change against King. If so, if you could point out the posts.

Does anyone find it strange and a bit off that A)King hasn’t spoken to the board since leaving and B)there’s still not been any comment from the board on the proposed Club1872 deal yet?
What do you you expect the board to say about it? It's not really anything to do with them what someone does with their own shares.

What do you you expect the board to say about it? It's not really anything to do with them what someone does with their own shares.
What does a major change in ownership of the highest shareholder got to so with the current board and running of the club going forward? I'd say that's got quite a bit to do with the current board.

Nothing controversial in the interview, That said wasn’t much of an interview more like a cut and paste job with the “answers” to the supposed questions asked.

Seeing the transcript of the interview, it’s nowhere near as bad as some have made out.
It never is mate. The lunacy of the match thread is reaching into just about every post on the bear pit.

Funny I never heard him say fringe players.
Well, do you really see any of the first team being sold in January? I think it would be obvious. If he expects Morelos to leave in January I dont tink he would have mentioned it, do you? Hes mentioned fringe players a lot previously in transfer answers. Guys like Stewart and Jones are likely. It would be total madness to sell other players, which is why we wont

FF is easily led when the usual suspects push things.
I'd say you are jumping on a band wagon of folk who are saying they are directly criticising King. I want total silence from Ibrox until May, %^*& all to do with King. In fact I hope in May he is doing interviews discussing his Pack of Cards prediction, just not now

Surelt you can see where people are coming from without accusing us of this?

Having been through what they have together the last few years,I’d have expected the current largest shareholder to still be in semi regularl contact with the board and I’d have thought the board would have at least commented on Club1872 potentially becoming the new largest shareholder tbh

I hope you are correct and we don’t sell our much needed players, but you don’t know for a fact that he will not, if clubs come in with big money bids I am sure they will be considered.

FF is easily led when the usual suspects push things.
I'd say you are jumping on a band wagon of folk who are saying they are directly criticising King. I want total silence from Ibrox until May, %^*& all to do with King. In fact I hope in May he is doing interviews discussing his Pack of Cards prediction, just not now

Anyone getting upset over that interview is panty wetting. If anything that gives me even more assurance. He’s right and everyone knows it, we will have to sell players and that won’t affect the values we have on them.

Nothing to see here! Raman just been at a loose end and looking for an exclusive! King didn't say anything controversial or anything too worry about, in fact mentioned the gaffer maybe not in a hurry to go anywhere was encouraging, what's not to like

no one is saying it's overly bad. but do we really need ANY distractions whatsoever?
Take your point, I don’t know what the obligation was to fulfil the interview but he can only answer the questions asked truthfully. I trust SG and the management team to keep the players feet firmly on the ground.

Don't really see any thing wrong with it tbh.

An interview from our ex Chariman isn't going to be the factor should we let an 11 point lead slip (albeit they have two games in hand). Nor will it add any more pressure to the management team/first team squad than what there already is.

If Lennon turns it around and they win the league then questions need to be asked of manager and players.

We know what's required. The last two seasons collapses are well known. We take one game at a time and we continue to win football matches. Thus far we've been excellent.

Kent, Morelos, Barišić, Hagi, Kamara, Aribo. There's money to be made in amongst that lot. Like it or not, we'll need to cash in eventually. Hopefully we can get fees close to what our valuations are.

Having been through what they have together the last few years,I’d have expected the current largest shareholder to still be in semi regularl contact with the board and I’d have thought the board would have at least commented on Club1872 potentially becoming the new largest shareholder tbh
I agree with point 1 but not point 2.

It's not their place to discuss what others do with their shares.

I agree with point 1 but not point 2.

It's not their place to discuss what others do with their shares.
The fact the club only found out 15 minutes before the press release is something I find strange mate.

Surely DK & the board aren’t that distance?

The fact the club only found out 15 minutes before the press release is something I find strange mate.

Surely DK & the board aren’t that distance?
I agree with that but there is no way the board can comment on what King plans to do with his shares in the same way I'm sure King would never comment on what Park does with his.

Suppose supporters will see anything as an unneeded distraction until we win the league. SG isnt entertaining any distractions in the media this year. Same with jones and edmunson, dealt with immediately and move on. I dont want anyone in Ibrox saying anything until May, oitwith the usual presses.
Thats how I feel, I don't have any issues with what King is saying at all just not sure if we needed this and the statement on his shares coming out just now thats all.

Admin deleted this as a thread because, to quote, 'big thread open' :D

I can only see this so figure this is unbelievably where they think it should be...

He has today conducted an interview/QandA with STV in which he made 2 comments that stood out an absolute mile to me;

He is willing to give C1872 4 years, not just the 3, to buy his shares and more importantly, he is willing to keep any not sold to them for himself. His own words in print and on screen.

This opens up a clear and obvious opportunity for everyone to see their aims met with far less resistance from anyone.

C1872 do not need to buy all of his shares to render his shareholding 'safe' if sold on the open market. They need to buy enough from him to leave the remainder well below the threshold of 25.1% even if coupled with any dark or unknown holdings. A quick bit of maths tells me that buying as little as 10% of his shares would achieve that goal. £1.3million approximately.

Having rendered his shares 'safe' and with King willing to hold onto them for at least 4 years anyway, C1872 can continue their Legacy campaign, but use the raised cash to buy the shares they have apparently been offered by the club and any shares that arise over the coming years through equity for debt.

Once the club has stabilized, the debt has been converted and we are running at a profit/break even and we know that no more shares are going to be created as a matter of course, hopefully well within the 4 years, C1872 will know exactly what percentage of King's shares they need to buy in order to hit the 25.1% and will not be immediately faced with a series of debt for equity issues which would reduce their percentage holding or force them to find more money immediately. With Legacy hopefully up and running correctly, and with a well known face or 3 at the head of it, wealthy benefactors could be asked to front the remaining needed cash in the short term if it has not been raised (would by now be a significantly lower amount than £13 million), or the needed shares could be saved for and bought, time allowing.

King sells enough of his shares to C1872 over the 4 years to safeguard the club in the short term

C1872 splits it's investment between new and old shares as they become available, removing at a stroke a good deal of resistance to their scheme. This means money goes to King, but money also goes to the club.

C1872 reach their target of 25.1% in such a way as to greatly reduce the need for further fund raising in order to maintain it.

C1872 develop into the largest shareholder organically and sustainably and hit their target at the optimum time in the club's development.

The whole idea of the current scheme having been hatched by laymen and thrust at people to buy into or not with no real details smacks of a completely rushed job and I think if we settle down, take our time and try to navigate through this calmly, a much better way that suits everyone can be found.

Please be aware, none of that is a criticism of anyone at all, none of it is cast iron 'correct' or thought up by someone with inside knowledge (or even real knowledge of the subject anyway) it is an idea from someone who sees merit in Legacy1872 but also sees pitfalls.

A caveat to it all is that for it to work, C1872 needs a comprehensive and immediate overhaul and re-brand into something that the support can buy into en masse.

A second caveat is or should be obvious. This is NOT a proposal. It is a debate starter with a few ideas that people can look at on merit and adapt, play with and even completely kybosh and it is aimed to narrow the clusterfeck of a couple of nights we had into something slightly less passionate and more useful.

I’m a huge fan of Dave King and what he’s done for the club. I’m just not sure what purpose this interview serves, particularly the comments where he stands by his ‘pack of cards’ statement.

Our manager and players continually tell the support it’s about taking it a game at time and not getting carried away. That’s the way it should be until we’ve actually got something to shout about.

He can talk about whatever he wants, he isn't involved with us anymore. If him talking about Celtic's form affects our own players form then we have far bigger problems than this. The players are focused on winning games every week, I highly doubt they're going to start dropping points left right and centre because Dave King has said we look stronger this year.
Correct, and DK will in my eyes, always be a saviour, he rescued our club, and I for one will never forget.

I’m all for a Dave King interview regarding Club 1872 and that specific situation.

I do not need to hear from him talking about the valuation of our players or that other lot across the city.

Time and a place for that sort of talk and it isn’t at this stage of a season.

If you think that interview is news to the players then you’re sorely mistaken. Everyone inside Ibrox knows that our business model has to be buy low sell high, including the players. I think you’re overstating how much of a distraction this is. Chill yer bacon.

Reactions: LD5
Awful timing once again, same with the club 1872 stuff earlier in the week. Let's just keep winning on the pitch and speak about boardroom issues and shares when we pick up some silverware.

If you think that interview is news to the players then you’re sorely mistaken. Everyone inside Ibrox knows that our business model has to be buy low sell high, including the players. I think you’re overstating how much of a distraction this is. Chill yer bacon.
Are you responding to the wrong post? Because I'm not talking about our transfer strategy. Of course everyone knows that is our intended model. Go re-read my post ya rasher :))

I'm talking about any talk of talking the team up, discussing our nearest rivals manager situations and any chat of winning titles.

Are you responding to the wrong post? Because I'm not talking about our transfer strategy. Of course everyone knows that is our intended model. Go re-read my post ya rasher :))

I'm talking about any talk of talking the team up, discussing our nearest rivals manager situations and any chat of winning titles.
"also i mean more this season RE keeping quiet and try and avoid headlines on the back of pages with any unnecessary throw away comments. full focus on May from SG and his team and i suspect that's exactly the same as SR, Douglas Park and co. personally we could do without these PR interviews. have as many as you like in May"

You are suggesting this could be a distraction and he's said absolutely nothing new, and nothing that's not already been on a back page before.

Back